Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens clothes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Jeans: Diesel - I find these are the best fit and have the most consistent sizing
    Hoodies/T-Shirts/Trackies - Any sports shops
    Work slacks/Shirts/Ties - Dunnes Stores/Penneys; Some great selections. Slacks in Dunnes Stores can be of fairly decent quality.
    Casual Shirts - Next

I'm not really fussy when it comes to clothes but I do like my clothes to be comfort over fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've a fairly good spread of clothes.

Herself is fashion mad so she keeps me in check when buying.

To be honest the more expensive clothes do seem to wear well. I've a Hugo Boss suit i bought a good few years ago for €400 which was reduced from €800 in the sale in BT's and it's still in great condition.

Most of my more casual clothes are superdry, diesel, ralph lauren, Fcuk, original penguin, Ted Baker etc.

I've a few shirts from Armani and Gucci (again bought in the sale) and they are in great condition for a few years old.

The one thing i was disappointed on was a Paul Smith cardigan i bought in the january sales and it went to pieces on me (the wool in it went into balls).

I like the labels and i don't mind spending a few quid on clothes - in the sales mind you!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

XL on Littlewoods is 44", XL on mandmdirect is 58". What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Biggest issue for me is finding clothes that wash well. Even when I buy "brands" I find they never seem to wash well and always shrink!
    I wash on 30 degrees as clothes are not heavily soiled and don't put in the dryer. Anyone else have similar problems?

BTW, buy in pennys and you're only going to wear it once because they turn into kids sized clothes after they go in the wash.

Suit Co. currently offering 5 shirts for €50. There isn't a great selection but if you're like me starting a professional career, two white ones, a blue one, black one and striped or white collar blue body

Are you talking about Suitable Company or someone different?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Thanks, I don't see the offer of 5 for €50.

Anyone know what the quality of the shirts are like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

Thanks, I don't see the offer of 5 for €50.

Anyone know what the quality of the shirts are like?

I just saw it in the shop on O'Connell street on the corner with Henry st. The selection is limited, single colour shirts, but it's good if you need some basic shirts to get started, I got two white, two light blue and one black. There is also a choice between slim fit and regular ones.

They seem ok quality wise, for €10 per shirt its decent. Maybe a bit light, as in see through but I haven't worn them out of the house yet. I just tried one on when I got home. The collars are good, low so avoid aggravating razor burn and a comfortable fit. But I got my collar size measured in the shop.

I still need to get them altered, I checked places near work and they say €12 per shirt which seems a bit steep. I wonder would they cut me a deal for 5 shirts and would they do a good job. I would like to make the shirt slim fitting. But I suppose if I did pay €60 for the five of them, it would still work out €22 per shirt, for decent fitted shirts. Considering they were reduced from €30.

Of course you can check out the quality yourself when you're in the shop.

They also have nice suit reduced, I have been looking for a nice three piece dark grey suit, they had one that I like for €149 but not in my size. Which is probably for the best, I don't need a new suit and I would rarely wear the waist coat. But I might still splash out some day on the one I saw at Burton. It has nice detailing around the lapels and pockets.

• Administrators Posts: 53,572 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I went into Jack and Jones on Trinity Street this afternoon and brought a decent pair of jeans for €65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

So after one goes through the teenage stage of hollister/american eagle, where do they go to whilst on a student budget?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭Judge Roy Bean

Looking for some edgy, Russell Brand type skinny jeans/jackets

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Not a guy, but my brother regularly finds interesting bits and pieces in T.K. Maxx (at a nice discount too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Next.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I went into Jack and Jones on Trinity Street this afternoon and brought a decent pair of jeans for €65

This morning I got out of bed and had my breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

This morning I got out of bed and had my breakfast.
    Cool story bro

• Administrators Posts: 53,572 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I just saw it in the shop on O'Connell street on the corner with Henry st. The selection is limited, single colour shirts, but it's good if you need some basic shirts to get started, I got two white, two light blue and one black. There is also a choice between slim fit and regular ones.

They seem ok quality wise, for €10 per shirt its decent. Maybe a bit light, as in see through but I haven't worn them out of the house yet. I just tried one on when I got home. The collars are good, low so avoid aggravating razor burn and a comfortable fit. But I got my collar size measured in the shop.

I still need to get them altered, I checked places near work and they say €12 per shirt which seems a bit steep. I wonder would they cut me a deal for 5 shirts and would they do a good job. I would like to make the shirt slim fitting. But I suppose if I did pay €60 for the five of them, it would still work out €22 per shirt, for decent fitted shirts. Considering they were reduced from €30.

Of course you can check out the quality yourself when you're in the shop.

They also have nice suit reduced, I have been looking for a nice three piece dark grey suit, they had one that I like for €149 but not in my size. Which is probably for the best, I don't need a new suit and I would rarely wear the waist coat. But I might still splash out some day on the one I saw at Burton. It has nice detailing around the lapels and pockets.

Apparently it and Clerys got a lot of stock damaged during the heavy rains a few weeks back and they were both selling what they could at a lower price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

BOHtox wrote: »
    Apparently it and Clerys got a lot of stock damaged during the heavy rains a few weeks back and they were both selling what they could at a lower price.

Yes, in the basement they had clerys stuff, a bit too old fashioned or plain for my liking. I don't know if the Suit Co. was affected or just a summer sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I wait for the sales I'm a 30/32 inch waste depending on the company. I bought 2 pairs of Tommy Hilfiger jeans for 50 yoyos each and you know what after a couple of wash's I personally try to spend a bit more on my cloths as I'm really hard on them in use. Shirts marks and spencers there signature rage is really nice and they last, I've a couple of Ben Sherman shirts which im delighted with in terms of wear and tare I wear shirts and suits 3 to 4 days a week so everything I bye I try to bye with the hope it lasts M and S suits are great for working in I've had one suit I wear a lot and had dry cleaned 5 or 6 times its still got its shape.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Absentee Landlord

Anyone know where I'll get a good pair of brown Chelsea boots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Anyone know where I'll get a good pair of brown Chelsea boots?

I'd say have a look in Debenhams or Arnotts (should you be in Dublin). Both have some very nice footwear, stylish brogues. Can be fairly pricey but I don't think you can really scrimp on good shoes/boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Looking for some edgy, Russell Brand type skinny jeans/jackets

Any ideas?

Maybe River Island but the quality might be lacking and won't last too long, particularly on the crotch/arse area.

Levis are reinventing again with a skinny-slim look. Vintage 605 iirc. Don't have a pair but Asos seem to model em well. Hard to tell from that, but I don't think the vintage ones can be picked up easily in bricks and mortar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I haven't read through the whole thread so I apologise if this has already been mentioned, but Kildare Village is a serious spot!! Ralp Lauren polos and T's, half price, same with northface and ted baker. I do find some bits in Tommy but not much; Boss is still dear, as is Lacoste.

Note: I dont by Ralph wool jumpers as they tend to wear badly in my experience.

Plus lads, It's a great spot for Christmas presents for the better half, I saved over €150 on a handbag last year for her and for my two sisters I saved another €200 in a DKNY sale. Happy days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Haven't seen anything of late in Kildare Village, though it can be good from time to time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Kildare Village can be very hit and miss. Superdry in there is awful. Not a fan of Ralph Lauren. Everytime I go there I seem to end up with a couple of CK boxers and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

solas111 wrote: »
    Jeans arrived today from iTailor and I am quite pleased with the product.

My requirements were for a pair of reasonably priced black jeans of the correct size for everyday wear. At iTailor I was able to more or less design my own jeans from a variety of options given on screen. The price, including postage was €48.99, which is way above what I am used to paying but this was balanced out by other plus factors.

The size is exactly right and this was a major difficulty when dealing with local shops.
    The quality appears to be good, with the one negative being the slightly faded fabric as opposed to black.
    Delivery was three weeks, although this can be longer with other products.
    You can also design your own shirts, suits, shoes etc. and I now have a code for 40% off the price of bespoke shoes.

For anyone who is having difficulty in finding the correct size or product, iTailor is an option worth considering.

www.itailor.com/

What about tax/customs? Does that factor as it's shipping from abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

80s Child wrote: »

Plus lads, It's a great spot for Christmas presents for the better half, I saved over €150 on a handbag last year for her and for my two sisters I saved another €200 in a DKNY sale. Happy days..

Wow, you must be a popular partner/brother if you buy them gifts that have prices big enough to allow such discounts! Putting the rest of us to shame! :o

Kildare Village is the best of the Outlet Centres in Ireland alright for menswear (much better than the Killarney and Banbridge ones imo!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is Kildare Village the one in Newbridge, or is that something else entirely? I liked it when I was there. I am looking for new pants, ones that make me look like Mark Lanegan, if anyone knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

What's the Jack Wills store like, hoping to pick up a red hoodie

Advertisement