Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made Arcade Machine???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Can't wait to see this build in progress.
    I'll say it once,I'll say it again...midway cabs rule.
    They always stood out to me in an arcade as perfection,be it Mortal kombat,Killer Instinct,Area 51etc.

They are just shaped And designed like they mean business.

Have to show pic of my KI2 cab.
    Serious eye catching artwork...Only matched by KI 1 in arcade cabs IMO.
    MK1 is up there as well though

lvfn9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Have to show pic of my KI2 cab.
    Serious eye catching artwork...Only matched by KI 1 in arcade cabs IMO.
    MK1 is up there as well though

lvfn9.jpg
    Nice mate artwork looks smashing..id say it takes a lot of time and patience getting it right

I wish I could agree but my cab came with the original artwork like that...good on ya Mitch.
    I'm a lazy git

Anyway there are many online sites you can get top class repo artwork as you have found.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Midway cabs look amazing. They're such massive monsters. Always wanted a Mortal Kombat 2 one myself.

• Advertisement

Just a quick update on what i done today...my router bit for the t molding came today and worked like a dream(was easier to do than expected) note my killer work bench
    IMAG0009.jpg
    Put the lays on my side panels but made the schoolboy error of replicating my first panel so ended up with two right sides ....but sorted that and stuck a few off cuts on to hold it together before i cut the final front and back panels and the rest..IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    Anybody that notices any mistakes let me know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

You might want to put some cuts of wood along the inside where the monitor goes, so you can lean the glass\plexi down onto them?

keithgeo wrote: »
    You might want to put some cuts of wood along the inside where the monitor goes, so you can lean the glass\plexi down onto them?
    Ye I know what you mean..how far back off the edge of the msg should the late be?? Just enough for the plexi..I.e 3mm for plexi or should there be more of a gap

its up to you really, i think i put mine back more than that as i didnt want the glass\plexi to be flush with the sides of the cab, i wanted it in a bit. Your best bet is to look at an MK2 cab and see what its like on it.

EDIT: Dont forget too, if you put it back a bit, make sure you cut the part where the speakers are going to the right size so there isnt a gap between the speaker panel and the glass.

No worries thanks...I'm off off to do some investigating...
    Did you screw ur plexi down or glue it.?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That's coming along nicely!

No worries thanks...I'm off off to do some investigating...
    Did you screw ur plexi down or glue it.?

Neither, see my one below, I have a shelf in there for the screen. that just slides in on bits of wood i have on the inside of each side panel. So i just put the plexi glass on that shelve, and it goes back onto the two other lenghts of wood up the sides. it stays there perfectly.

IMG_0132.jpg

Alright cheers for the info Keith...
    Thanks o1s1n..trying to do a bit most days or else it will just sit there

keithgeo wrote: »
    Neither, see my one below, I have a shelf in there for the screen. that just slides in on bits of wood i have on the inside of each side panel. So i just put the plexi glass on that shelve, and it goes back onto the two other lenghts of wood up the sides. it stays there perfectly.

IMG_0132.jpg

What the hell is that hanging on the door..some sort if leather stockings/thigh high Hooker boots....phwaaaar

haha no, nothing so exciting.. I created a dexter style kill room in the back of the house so i could spray the cab without getting it everywhere. worked a treat.

IMG_9722.jpg

Ha ...that is quality my good man.
    I'd deffo be checking the vent shaft in your gaff for trophies.

Lads was looking at this can Ye let me know if its a good deal or what any help appreciated don't worry about the colour of the buttons I can pick what colours I want...
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ARCADE-JOYSTICKS-BUTTONS-KIT-IPAC2-WIRING-/370508411372?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item564405b1ec

I think, think.. thats a decent deal. check the gremlinsolutions website to see if they sell it cheaper, because that seller on ebay is actually gremlinsolutions. You will definatly get the shipping to ireland for half price thats for sure, ive ordered a lot of stuff off them before and max shipping is 7.50 sterling to ireland. I have those joysticks i think, but to be honest i dont find them that good, they are a bit stiff, it could just be mine though.

Thanks Keith will have a look ..don't know why I keep forgetting about gremlin

Just a quick update on what I've done finished all my panels and cut the door in the back panel..so its really starting to take shape
    IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Fair play! That looks to be really well made!

Nice to see you put a normal sized control panel on it and not an aircraft carrier type one I see on many home made cabs! :D

Cheers mate a good few hrs hard work..ye don't really like the big control panels but each to their own :)..

lads tried soldering a vga to scart cable and lets just say it went horribly wrong... was looking to buy one off ebay..wud this work??
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-RGB-SCART-2-METERS-SOUND-JACK-EUROCONECTOR-JAMMA-ARCADE-system-/330767954626
    or if anyone has a spare one they wanna get rid off or a link to one that will work id be greatful
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That cable should work so long as your video card can output at 15KHz

That cable should work so long as your video card can output at 15KHz
    Thanks

Just a quick update lads have cut out my speaker holes and put the pass speaker on the kick panel looks quite good.. will sand and paint this week.. have been busy.. started college so can only do bits the weekend.. took another shot at soldering my vga to scart and worked out well haven't connected it up..been using s video just while setting it all up..picture is quite gud but will use vga to scart.. just having a problem with no sound device being found on my pc. Has adapter card installed but not sound and all the areas are greyed out in system settings

lads cant for the life of me get hyperspin running properly with all emulators and vids and previews been at it for days and the other half is about to take an axe to my pc and cabinet..can get maximus working but like the look of hyperspin.. i have all my roms downloaded and working just cant get hs setup they way i want... does anyone have a working setup they can transfer to a hdd for me????
    this is not a cop out for an easy setup been spending days and days trying to get it sorted while i save up funds to finish my cabinet...
    i can pay u with hugs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

lads cant for the life of me get hyperspin running properly with all emulators and vids and previews been at it for days and the other half is about to take an axe to my pc and cabinet..can get maximus working but like the look of hyperspin.. i have all my roms downloaded and working just cant get hs setup they way i want... does anyone have a working setup they can transfer to a hdd for me????
    this is not a cop out for an easy setup been spending days and days trying to get it sorted while i save up funds to finish my cabinet...
    i can pay u with hugs!!!

Where are you running into difficulty?
    everyones setup is gonna be unique for what they want to run

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Maybe try set it up with 1 emulator at a time, with 1 game in each emulator to get it all working how you like, then add more in batches to find where its going wrong for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah, Give more info on what the problem is.
    Do the emulators and roms work outside of Hyperspin?
    Error messages?

And the big one, have you been on the hyperspin forum where most of the help is?

Advertisement