Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made Arcade Machine???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

EnterNow wrote: »
    keithgeo wrote: »
    I think there are only certain graphics card as EnterNow mentioned that are compatiable with soft15hz.

Yeah the author has a compatibility list on her site

Pm link??

Thanks gonna stop annoying ye now(for a while) and do some work
    Thanks lads

alright lads back again just a quick question... i can launch my dreamcast emu(nulldc) by its self and play without problems but when i set all thr paths and try to run through hyperspin i just get a black screen and nothing happens..
    any help much appreciated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

have you got sound drivers installed on the pc? I only ask because i had a similiar issue and believe it or not the sound drivers where causing the problem.

Or it could be the way hyperspin is launching the file. you should check out the hyperspin forum for info on how to set that up.

• Advertisement

have you got sound drivers installed on the pc? I only ask because i had a similiar issue and believe it or not the sound drivers where causing the problem.

Or it could be the way hyperspin is launching the file. you should check out the hyperspin forum for info on how to set that up.
    Ye its all installed its not even giving an error...was on the hyperspin forum all day and couldn get ut sorted...pulling me hair out

I wont be much help to you here anyways, i just setup mame on mine, didnt bother with consoles emulators.

I wont be much help to you here anyways, i just setup mame on mine, didnt bother with consoles emulators.
    No bother cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

alright lads back again just a quick question... i can launch my dreamcast emu(nulldc) by its self and play without problems but when i set all thr paths and try to run through hyperspin i just get a black screen and nothing happens..

Are you using the latest hyperlaunch and the script to go with it?

Limericks wrote: »

Are you using the latest hyperlaunch and the script to go with it?

Ye downloaded it and done exactly what it said... Think ill forget about running other platforms and just run mame

• Advertisement

Couldnt for the life of me get hyperspin to work using maximus arcade and working perfect...and collect a sony triniton tv aswell.. So time to get stuck into my cabinet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Couldnt for the life of me get hyperspin to work using maximus arcade and working perfect...and collect a sony triniton tv aswell.. So time to get stuck into my cabinet

Hyperspin is a bit of a pain to get working alright I myself have put about 30-40 hours into it and I have about 30 consoles set up with all artwork and videos. It's worth all the hard work though when you have that lovely interface to play on :)

Limericks wrote: »

Hyperspin is a bit of a pain to get working alright I myself have put about 30-40 hours into it and I have about 30 consoles set up with all artwork and videos. It's worth all the hard work though when you have that lovely interface to play on :)

Yeah hs looks like a nicer interface but couldnt be doing with all the heartache

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

A tv won't accept a 15Khz signal if memory serves
    A standard European CRT TV will run at 15KHZ using scart(RGB), it is essentially the same thing as an arcade monitor, I ran a few different TVs in my jamma cab for years when my 1st arcade monitor died
    see here for more info
    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=77370.0
    many users on arcadecontrols.com have replaced hard to find or expensive arcade monitors with t.v's over the years.

And you will either need to run soft15Khz or use and arcadeVGA
    An arcadevga will output 15Khz all the time, soft15khz is a piece of software to set windows to output 15Khz it only works with certain video cards so you will have to check for support before buying a video card

A standard CRT TV will accept 15KHZ no problem, it is exactly the same as an arcade monitor, I ran a TV in my jamma cab for years
    Grand so running soft15hz on my sony trinitron will work no problem through a vga-scart lead??

Grand so running soft15hz on my sony trinitron will work no problem through a vga-scart lead??
    absolutely, as long as its a VGA-RGB scart

absolutely, as long as its a VGA-RGB scart
    Thats great mate.. One more thing..is it mad dangerous to remove the casing and just mount the tube?

Best to ask the experts in the monitor section of arcadecontrols.com or somewhere similar about that, afaik some TVs have a live chassis and they are not as easily de-cased as others and you would need to have some sort of isolation transformer if you decase it
    I think I've read a thread about de-casing trinitrons at some stage and booked marked it, give me a min
    *can't find it but you'll find alot of info on decasing TVs through google

I had one with the rear case removed and the front bezel still in place

This is a TV using an ArcadeVGA, as you can see it has alot of screen burn from a bookies and was shorty replaced with a smaller Mitsubishi black diamond 21" which are ten a penny, I'll try find some closeups
    csuqg.jpg
    2wgf4zo.jpg

Best to ask the experts in the monitor section of arcadecontrols.com or somewhere similar about that, afaik some TVs have a live chassis and they are not as easily de-cased as others and you would need to have some sort of isolation transformer if you decase it
    I think I've read a thread about de-casing trinitrons at some stage and booked marked it, give me a min
    *can't find it but you'll find alot of info on decasing TVs through google

I had one with the rear case removed and the front bezel still in place

This is a TV using an ArcadeVGA, as you can see it has alot of screen burn from a bookies and was shorty replaced with a smaller Mitsubishi black diamond 21" which are ten a penny, I'll try find some closeups
    csuqg.jpg
    2wgf4zo.jpg

Thanks mate looks good

Lads another quick question i decided to connect my pc to my sony trinitron using a s video cable seemed the easiest option..im using maximys arcade but is there anyway to get the picture to fullscreen on a 16:9 widescreen without the black border or is that something i have to live with...as i know most arcade games where 4:3

• Advertisement

Sorry, no idea, I don't think any real arcade games were 16:9 until recent years which probably aren't emulated yet
    But if you want authentic arcade graphics for the classics I'd use a 4:3 TV and arcadeVGA/soft15 through RGB scart.
    there's tonnes of 4:3 tv's available for free, I a few a day in the ikea recycling hut.

Lads any of you able to get sega model 2 emulator working??? Thought id try it today but when i try to launch a game nothing happens...

Alright lads...a mate of mine id getting me a deal in my sideart for my cab...decided to go with a mk11 theme...but he said he needz the art work full scale...i can compress it for emailing it..but he has to be able to have the full scale art work his end ...any idea where i wud get full scale mk2 sideart for download either photoshop doc or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Do you mean in highest resolution.
    Quick search on interweb
    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=121126.0#msg1284801
    Can't check actual download as on my phone...but looks good

Are you making cab specs the same shape as Midway?
    The sexiest classic shape woody design out there bar none

Do you mean in highest resolution.
    Quick search on interweb
    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=121126.0#msg1284801
    Can't check actual download as on my phone...but looks good

Are you making cab specs the same shape as Midway?
    The sexiest classic shape woody design out there bar none
    Ye mate making it the same spec...not really in the know about the printing i need the right size image so he can print it in the best quality in the size i need(if that makes sense)

ill send you a pm, i might be able to get that for you.

ill send you a pm, i might be able to get that for you.
    Ah that wud be great ...

heres a quick idea of what im doing for my cpo... i done a quick photoshop to have 6 buttons anf removed the text for each button..i just wanted it as simple as possible... this isnt the final draft... i just want to know do any games use the 8 buttons or am i ok with 6... any feedback on how to make this cpo better is much appreciated lads....
    thanks to keithgeo and unky chop chop for the artwork original and my edited posted
    http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q629/andrew281983/?action=view&current=Mortal_Kombat_2_CPO_orig_bluepsd.jpg

http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q629/andrew281983/?action=view&current=Mortal_Kombat_2_CPO_orig_bluepsd.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1167.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq629%2Fandrew281983%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dmk2cpo.jpg

?action=view&current=Mortal_Kombat_2_CPO_orig_bluepsd.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1167.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq629%2Fandrew281983%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dmk2cpo.jpg

• Advertisement

I cant think of any games that use 8 buttons off hand, im sure there is though. 6 will do you id say. where you going to put the 6th button on the mortal kombat artwork?

edit: never mind, i see it there now on the second image.

Advertisement