Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made Arcade Machine???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

keithgeo wrote: »
    I cant think of any games that use 8 buttons off hand, im sure there is though. 6 will do you id say. where you going to put the 6th button on the mortal kombat artwork?

edit: never mind, i see it there now on the second image.

Thats grand ye i think it looks good with 6 buttons ill do a better job of it when it comes to printing it just gettind price from him first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah looks nice.
    Only bad thing I'd say about that layout is that that would render playing all 6 button Capcom fighters next to near impossible.:eek:
    If you want to change Mk original button layout it might as well be practical for all games seeing as it will be a Mame machine.
    My two cents because I love capcom fighters

Yeah looks nice.
    Only bad thing I'd say about that layout is that that would render playing all 6 button Capcom fighters next to near impossible.:eek:
    If you want to change Mk original button layout it might as well be practical for all games seeing as it will be a Mame machine.
    My two cents because I love capcom fighters
    How wud it render tgem unplayable mate this is the sort of stuff i need to know...
    Cant i just configure the buttons for each game in mame??
    Like have top three for punches and bottom 3 as kicks??? If im a mile off feel free to help me out...thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I really like the angled layout of the Egret 2/3/Atomiswave 6 buttom cpanel.

Here's a snap of my 6 button Egret 3 panel. The buttons are not in a perfect straight line and play very well indeed.
    dsc6079q.jpg

Steve SI wrote: »
    I really like the angled layout of the Egret 2/3/Atomiswave 6 buttom cpanel.

Here's a snap of my 6 button Egret 3 panel. The buttons are not in a perfect straight line and play very well indeed.
    dsc6079q.jpg

Ye looks good i can put a slight arch on mine in photoshop the way urs are...wud ye recommend that for easier gaming??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Sorry I'm a spa..I didn't see your second pic below.

mk2cpo.jpg

I Think that's a winner.
    Also I agree that the "sega/Jap" style button placement is much better in my opinion,but deffo not for a cab of this style.
    It would look wrong on a Midway spec cab.
    Here's a pic of my KI2 cab with american 3x3 button layout and sanwa stick.
    Does the job nicely

gxzsr.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

How wud it render tgem unplayable mate this is the sort of stuff i need to know...
    Cant i just configure the buttons for each game in mame??
    Like have top three for punches and bottom 3 as kicks??? If im a mile off feel free to help me out...thanks mate

I think he may have just seen the first pic with the 5 buttons, like it did earlier?

I have a slight curve on my buttons too, i thought it was a better shape for a hand rather than just straight across.

EDIT: ok just seen your post there. i think the curved buttons would look off alright.

Sorry I'm a spa..I didn't see your second pic below.

mk2cpo.jpg

I Think that's a winner.
    Also I agree that the "sega/Jap" style button placement is much better in my opinion,but deffo not for a cab of this style.
    It would look wrong on a Midway spec cab.
    Here's a pic of my KI2 cab with american 3x3 button layout and sanwa stick.
    Does the job nicely

gxzsr.jpg

Haha no problem mate was getting confused myself there.... I like ur buttons do ye think its better going with 3 of the same colour buttons on top and a different colour on de bottom or all 6 de same colours??

I have marked out all my bits for cutting...took me longer than it should have...damn my poor maths...could only get everything marked up today so will start early cutting tomorrow..
    20120725_130533.jpg
    And heres a few ok mk3 running on my sony trinitron through svideo..might go with vga to rgb..will that give a better image?!
    20120725_112020.jpg
    20120725_111607.jpg

Again any input appreciated

You sure that tv will fit in there! haha ;)

• Advertisement

Haha im gonna cut the ears(speakers) off it...it measures 24" then but might just decase it and mount the tube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is that tv 16:9? Hard to tell from the angles

Also go RGB & thank me later

yeah its a 16:9 is that a bad choice??.. ye a think ill go with rgb...is this what you mean??
    http://www.willcoxonline.com/mame/video/video.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

yeah its a 16:9 is that a bad choice??.. ye a think ill go with rgb...is this what you mean??
    http://www.willcoxonline.com/mame/video/video.html

You won't be playing any games in 16:9, I know you can use a bezel to cut off the sides but for mounting in a cab, it's be easier, better & lighter to pick up a 25" or so 4:3 crt. You should find one for little or nothing. Just make sure it has full RGB on the scart socket.

Ye ill make up the cab and sit the tv on the shelf before I lock it all den and see if I'm happy with it ..if not ill get a tv the size u suggested..is the link in my last post the way to go??

Please don't tell me you're going to all the trouble of making this arcade machine and then sticking a 16:9 display in it :eek::eek::confused::confused:

If I still had that spare arcade monitor I'd donate to stop this travesty.

Please don't tell me you're going to all the trouble of making this arcade machine and then sticking a 16:9 display in it :eek::eek::confused::confused:

If I still had that spare arcade monitor I'd donate to stop this travesty.
    Don't be getting upset haha..If I like the way it looks ill keep it if not its only a matter of swapping it out before I secure anything..but going on the feed back I will more than likely be doing that haha

Don't be getting upset haha..If I like the way it looks ill keep it if not its only a matter of swapping it out before I secure anything..but going on the feed back I will more than likely be doing that haha

True, if your happy that's the main thing.
    But if you're happy with a 16:9 display in an arcade cab I'll give you a hand packing your "Arcade and Retro" bags :D

True, if your happy that's the main thing.
    But if you're happy with a 16:9 display in an arcade cab I'll give you a hand packing your "Arcade and Retro" bags :D
    Haha nice :) I'm looking on Adverts but most of the tvs are 16:9 id be looking for the biggest I could go..what make wud u recommend other than a trinitron??

Haha nice :) I'm looking on Adverts but most of the tvs are 16:9 id be looking for the biggest I could go..what make wud u recommend other than a trinitron??

I was looking at this one a while back.
    http://www.adverts.ie/tv/sony-crt-tv-for-sale/1829899

Might be a bit small for what you want but it is a trinitron and 4:3

• Advertisement

Was literally just looking at that one but wide like a few more inches to it...(that's what she said):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

23" here http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tv/3554461

if your making the VGA to RGB(Scart) cable check out the guide on this page marked control signals, this will auto switch your TV to the correct AV when you power it up

you can also put resistors or 10k pots on the individual R,G,B lines to adjust colour accordingly

Cut my side panels today came out better than expected:)
    IMAG0006.jpg
    And here's a quick one of my tv with cropped ears..(god bless the saber saw)
    IMAG0007.jpg

Nice, looks exactly the same as my one, we must have used similiar plans.

Ye can't remember where I got mine from he had two different ones and where pdf's..u have pic of urs around?

yeh its in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70165619

sounds like we got the plans off the same site! I modified them a bit to suit me.

Ye looks exactly the same although I don't think mine will end up as professional ..ill get a few tips off you when it comes to the bezel plexi urs looks perfect

Is this more or less the design you're hoping to end up with?

Ye looks exactly the same although I don't think mine will end up as professional ..ill get a few tips off you when it comes to the bezel plexi urs looks perfect

Id go with glass if i was you, the plexi is brutal, ive been meaning to get glass for mine for ages and just havent got around to it. it marks really easily.

• Advertisement

Ye that's what I am goin for in regards to all the artwork and the t moulding..but i think my cab will just be slightly different

Advertisement