Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made Arcade Machine???

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I used some black card stuff from Eason's was only a couple of euro.
    I ended up covering it in spare vinyl I had left over from my control panel.
    Its not perfect but does the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Just a quick update I've what I've done I painted the glass and installed it but not really happy with how it came out the paint worked grand just when I took the tape of some of the paint came with it.. I tried touching it up but doesn't look right I've attached photos.. Don't mind the yellow marks that's just where I marked the viewing area... There is just a small gap around the sides where the glass is its only a couple mm any ideas his to fill or cover it?? Anyone wanna buy a MAME machine :D
    AF66AA8A-A2D7-44E5-A558-6A8C5955B040-14956-0000083A82898405.jpg
    38E33D1D-017F-42F0-A6DB-7426718B1990-14956-0000083A7DDC9626.jpg
    6E3A0CCC-53B5-492C-B32C-ECB240CFFD8C-14956-0000083A78D5546E.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A 16:9 screen? Dude...:)

EnterNow wrote: »
    A 16:9 screen? Dude...:)

yep :D:D:D:D:D:D:D can always be switched out but i like it as is!!!
    bring on the haters;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

yep :D:D:D:D:D:D:D can always be switched out but i like it as is!!!
    bring on the haters;)

Don't you find the games look all weird & stretched, the aspect ratio isn't correct for any arcade game except ones that actually use 16:9 screens {very recent ones}.

At least it can be switched out as you say...I can sleep at night now :D Good job on the cab though!

• Advertisement

no i don't really notice them being all stretched.. the likes if pacman and there rest are just in the center of the screen which i think is ok.. don't think ill keep it for long have to try get jack burtons Naomi and haven't got room for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is it possible to get the monitor to display the games in 4:3? So at least they'll be displayed in the correct ratio on the monitor.

Lovely finish on it anyway, that T moulding really makes a difference.

when i go to the game options in mame i set it to 4:3 it still looks like that, but i think i have it set to stretch in mame.ini

Sorry to dig up an old thread and i don't know if anyone i following this but ive been busy the last while and decided to go back to this cab and ive decided to change my tv for a 4:3 one but im still having trouble getting the vgs-scart cable i bought to work!!
    Do i have to set anything or install anything on my computer to get this working or should it just work?
    It doesn't auto switch to the right channel like it should and even when i manually look for the channel its not there

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

If its a normal TV, it needs 12 volts on pin 8 of the scart for it to auto switch to the AV channel. I'm guessing you have just wedged the power button on, or shorted it to stay on. As regards not coming on, it could be a resolution issue ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement