Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivi Nova

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

krissovo wrote: »
    Bought a vivi nova at the weekend and really disappointed, fits lovely on the provari that I picked up but the vape is shocking.

I have a burnt taste 60% of the time regardless of the voltage setting or the 3 heads that came with it. From Google searches I dont have a fiber ring that burns and I cleaned them out, dry burnt and primed them before using. Every now and again I get a nice vape with flavor but its rare.

Sounds like they are not wicking right?? Is it after a while sitting that you get the nice vape out of it?? What type of juice, PG\VG ratio??

I have 4 of them on the go, and although i have to tip them up to wet the wicks every now and again, i haven't had any issues with any of them.
    Also have two mini's and they have been great but turn clear liquids dark very soon and lose flavor once this happens.

Am I doing something wrong

The minis are smaller, so the heat cooks the juice a bit. Again, i've had it happen with a couple of juices, but haven't seen any real impact from it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I have mainly tried them with Liqua juices that are 70/30. Apple, Strawberry and Cherry. Also used wingnuts juices and some DKS juice I picked up on Saturday.

Thinking about it wicking seams to be the issue I have destroyed the 3 heads I have looking for something burning and found nothing.

Should I thin my juices with vodka when a new batch of heads turns up to try and break it in?

If the next 3 replacement heads do not work I will hammer the fecking thing into pieces and dance a jig on it and wash my hands of Vivi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Got some dry hits off the short wick novas but haven't noticed any on the long wick ones. The juice would discolour when the head was dying but the flavour would only lessen slightly. Haven't tried the mini one yet though. Which version of the big Nova are you using?

I have mainly tried them with Liqua juices that are 70/30. Apple, Strawberry and Cherry. Also used wingnuts juices and some DKS juice I picked up on Saturday.

I use wingnuts stuff, aswell as liqua without any probs. Don't think thats the problem. If you're inclined, you could try recoiling the heads, and see how you get on.
    If the next 3 replacement heads do not work I will hammer the fecking thing into pieces and dance a jig on it and wash my hands of Vivi's.

Make sure you video this process, i'm curious :D

sept09baby wrote: »
    Which version of the big Nova are you using?

Its the v3 long wick

• Advertisement

Gryzor wrote: »

Make sure you video this process, i'm curious :D

3 new heads arrived today, 2 are have been cleaned and both are now soaking in vodka for the night. Tomorrow I will fill the tank with my thinest juice and let it soak Until Friday night.

If it sucks I will upload a video by Saturday night ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

3 new heads arrived today, 2 are have been cleaned and both are now soaking in vodka for the night. Tomorrow I will fill the tank with my thinest juice and let it soak Until Friday night.

If it sucks I will upload a video by Saturday night ;-)

Don't dance on anything (Sorry Gryzor)! If you have problems you can mail the heads to me and I'll rebuild them with cotton, and you can have a lash and see how you like it.

Tomorrow I will fill the tank with my thinest juice and let it soak Until Friday night.

Soaking in juice for a couple of mins is all that''ll be required, although I know you're probably trying to cover all the bases, just in case..

Joy of Joy:D:D:D:D:D

I am now using my vivi and getting a decent vape with nice flavor, I would like to think it was the prep but did some more investigation. So lucky for you all there will be no Vivi destroying ceremony:)

The heads that came with the Vivi appear to have the coils wrapped tight around the wicks and the new ones I ordered are wrapped not so tight so better wicking.

Advertisement