Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivi Nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭borygo77

I've been floating around vivi nova from TBS couple days ;) after reading this just ordered one for testing :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

kiffy wrote: »
    Started getting burnt taste again when level dropped to 1.6 ml and turned it upside down for about 20 sec's and burning taste gone. So your not just a pretty face :D

On another topic, has anyone had problems with their lavatube button not firing? (only got it yesterday) last night about one in four clicks wouldn't fire it up at all, battery charged at 60% even changed battery and still problem with button not working regularly.
    But today it's working perfectly (and no I wasn't pi$$ed) hope it's not a dicky button problem that will eventually fail.

Yeah that can happen sometimes on the lavvatube, nothing major to worry about, it's just the way it is, if the button sticks, give the whole tube a very light tap with your hand to move the button, and you'll be good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Have to say after a few days using this device, it's great. Didn't think i'd like it all that much, but pleasantly surprised. It wicks way better than any of the previous CE# tanks i've tried before, It still requires tipping when it gets low, but other than that, happy days. No leaks, no gurgling and simple to fill or top up.

Only downside, Swedish Fish is horrible in it for me. When the coil is well wicked, all i get is a sickly sweet mouthful of vapour, after that a very muted flavour, with no fizz. I likes the fizz :)

Other small niggle, the ohmage of my atties was a good bit off. The 1.8 metered out at 2.3, which is not great. The 2.4 metered out at 2.7.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah, I'm finding similar after several days use. This is fine, I could live with it. The tipping over, well, I started off as a direct dripper with 306s so this really isn't too much hassle for me. I definitely like the lack of flooding/gurgling/draw decrease that I was getting with the DCC tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Mine arrived today and so far it's grand. I'm not madly in love yet but think that may be down to the juice. Seem to keep going back to my dct with vampires kiss so may try that next. Nothing else seems to be satisfying me for the last few days - even previous favourites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Yay - filled it with the vampires kiss and it's vaping nirvana :D:D Long may it last

Just rewicked one of these, using 2 strands of bulli wick and 5 or 6 wraps of nichrome wire. Came out at 1.7ohm. Definitely an improvement in flavour, no dip in vapour or throathit.

There's a load of YT videos on it. Worth a shot, as the rest of the tank is solid. So a few quid on wick and wire, and this thing can last for ages at no further expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I've just rewicked using cotton from a face pad. Saw it on ukvapers.

You just remove the old wick without even taking the head apart and roll a piece of cotton. Put the cotton through the coil using the tapered end to lead. It works great.

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-How-to-upgrade-a-Vision-Ego-Rebuildable-OR-Vivi-Nova-with-cotton-wool-pads

Okay, one day later and loving this cotton wick. Not one dry hit - the cotton is soaking all the time even when the volume is down to 0.5ml remaining.

Flavour is extremely smooth and loads of vapour.

I've used it in the RDA and it worked fantastic too but you can't see how much juice remains in the RDA and I was afraid I'd burn it.

I'd say the only drawback is that changing flavours could be a pain alright.

I'd say the only drawback is that changing flavours could be a pain alright.

Seems so simple, you'd just change the wick with the new juice...

Will definately give it a go methinks....

• Advertisement

It is that simple - just take out the old wick gently and twist some cotton wool/face pad nice and skinny. Make one end as thin as you can and feed through from there.

It's a drastic improvement on the original wick. I always had some issues with that and got an off taste from it but this is just excellent.

Tried it on 2 vivv novas last night...big wicking improvment. I'd say it'll really transform the vision ego's, they never wicked right for me, long or short wicks...glad i didn't throw them out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Big improvement alright. Followed the instructions but was easier just to make a new coil...5 turns of .2 nichrome came out at 1.6v. Fairly drinks the juice but loads of vapour and very good flavour. Got a strange look from the missus when I asked where she kept her make-up pads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mandyxxx

I got the new Vivi Nova Mini from the Best Shop this morning. It is similar in size and appearance to the Ego Vision. It is easier to fill without dripping liquid down the centre tube. Absolutely no leaks or spots of liquid on the battery. I've only had it a few hours though so we'll see. The replacement wicks are €3 each so if you go through, say, 2 a week this could be very economical. It looks very well on an Ego battery. Using the 1.8 atty gives a light warm vape. At last I've found the perfect hardware after much trial and error.!
    I'm using 100% Vg with no problems so far though it probably means I'll go through atties quicker. The Ego Visions only lasted a week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Has anyone used the vivi nova version 3 with the long wicks yet and are they as good as the version 2 short wicked ones? Im wandering do the atty heads on a version 3 long wick one fit the version 2 tank as well

I've just rewicked using cotton from a face pad. Saw it on ukvapers.

You just remove the old wick without even taking the head apart and roll a piece of cotton. Put the cotton through the coil using the tapered end to lead. It works great.

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-How-to-upgrade-a-Vision-Ego-Rebuildable-OR-Vivi-Nova-with-cotton-wool-pads

Here's a video which explains it fairly well
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9Y7tF78Yo

I think this is the stuff he uses...dead cheap too:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braided-Cotton-Candle-Wick-Candles/dp/B006QIXF5W/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345057399&sr=8-1-fkmr2

I got a Mini Vivi Nova this morning, and i have to say, it's probably the best vape I've had in weeks.

The flavour is super strong and clear on it, wicking isn't a problem on it, as it's the one with the long wicks, and the the new thread design is much nicer, the caps thread on the outside of the tank, not the inside...much more sturdy! :)

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/150-mini-vivi-nova-tank.html

I have the original one and it's too big. I've just bought the mini.

Whenever one of the heads on yours isnt performing you should rewick using the cotton just to try it. I'll never use fibreglass again if I can use cotton. Apart from the flavour, wicking and price improvements I've read too much about shards and lungs from various forums.

eeloe wrote: »
    I got a Mini Vivi Nova this morning, and i have to say, it's probably the best vape I've had in weeks.

The flavour is super strong and clear on it, wicking isn't a problem on it, as it's the one with the long wicks, and the the new thread design is much nicer, the caps thread on the outside of the tank, not the inside...much more sturdy! :)

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/150-mini-vivi-nova-tank.html

Just ordered one myself, is the flavour etc better compared to the regular vivi nova, or pretty much the same. I'll be happy with the same performance in a smaller unit tbh...

newmark wrote: »
    Has anyone used the vivi nova version 3 with the long wicks yet and are they as good as the version 2 short wicked ones? Im wandering do the atty heads on a version 3 long wick one fit the version 2 tank as well

Last one I bought had long wicks, not sure what version cause the numbering is different depending on who you buy from.

Heads work on all versions I have, long or short...

• Advertisement

I can only compare to the vivi nova i got a couple of months ago, it was okay, plenty of vapor, nice throat hit, but stripped down flavor.

The one i got this morning is fantastic, using the 1.8ohm long wick head at 3.4volts on the lavatube, and the flavour is outstanding, so clear...

I got the mini version yesterday and echo what eeloe says. Great little yoke straight out of the box. Using the 2.4 ohm at 4v and it's working fantastic. Looks like they've improved the heads by adding more strands than the last version.

I got the mini version yesterday and echo what eeloe says. Great little yoke straight out of the box. Using the 2.4 ohm at 4v and it's working fantastic. Looks like they've improved the heads by adding more strands than the last version.

Are the heads interchangeable with the bigger tank?

Yep, the heads are the same for the mini and the standard size.

I dunno what works better about the mini, i think it's just that the tank is smaller that it aids the wicking.

Love this thing....juice monster, but it tastes fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Whats the life expectancy of one of these? I mean the replaceable wicks/heads?

Whats the life expectancy of one of these? I mean the replaceable wicks/heads?

Anyone, roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

@Hunter Still getting great flavour and vapaour out of my first head (1.8Ohm on eGo Batt) after 3 weeks evening use.
    I guess life expectancy really depends on vaping habits, voltage, juice used and other factors (manufacturing flaws?)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Anyone, roughly?

I usually have about 3 different setups on the go at the same time so its hard to tell, but I'd say roughly a weeks solid vaping at least per atty head.

Yeah, the only downside to the mini is the heat produced, darkens the juice slightly so the taste of the juice does become darker(not burnt, but not so fresh) after a couple of fills.

I've still got the original one on mine for a week now, and it's still performing okay, the wick/coil is jet black now tho...but tastes fine

• Advertisement

Thanks lads

Advertisement