Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivi Nova

Options
  • 03-07-2012 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Got one of those Vivi Nova's this morning. It cost 12 euro from TBS and has a fairly big tank that holds probably 3ml or more and has replacement heads (3 supplied @ 1.8 ohm, 2.4 ohm and 2.8 ohm). Nice piece of kit actually.

The coil and wick are very accessible and I'm assuming that a person can make up fresh coils/wicks whenever they want when the supplied ones die.

Only had a few toots on it yet and it seems to work pretty good using the 2.4 ohm head @ 4.0 volts. Decent taste and vapour. I'll know more after a few hours use I suppose.

Already prefer it much much more than the stardust cos the draw is much lighter and a warm vape. What impresses me most is that the whole thing is easily disassemblable for washing, changing coils etc.

If you were thinking of buying a stardust, I think I'd have a look at this first. Of course, I'll probably end up eating my words later but first impressions are good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

thanks for that,
    wasn't sure how they perform, may order some for the missus.
    keep us updated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Will do! I'm impressed with this thing so far. The tank is a bit bigger than I'd normally use @ 3.5mls but thats a personal thing.

Every single bit of it screws apart with your hands and fingers. and the coil wick can easily be washed. I normally use an RDA and it's great but I've been looking for a tank system as well and hopefully I've found it.

Hope I dont end up eating my words now............

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Aye got one myself, filled it yesterday and made bits of the 2.4ohm coil straight away, fired it before it was saturated!

was using the 2.8ohm coil last night then and it was working away perfectly :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

How do you find it compared to the RDA?

The stardust never really did it for me, but it'd be nice to have something simple like that around.

stevenmu wrote: »
    How do you find it compared to the RDA?

The stardust never really did it for me, but it'd be nice to have something simple like that around.

That's a very good question and I had exactly the same problem. Tried loads of tanks and clearo's to find something that would at least partly measure up to the RDA but nothing did. The RDA is always a bit dodgy in the pocket cos of potential leaking obviously and it's hard to know how much is left in it too so I was looking for some kind of tank system.

So far, I'd have to say that it measures up very well. The vape is warmer than the RDA even at 3.8v and a 2.4 ohm coil and the vapour and flavour are also very good. The draw is very similar and no issue at all.

For 12 euro, I think it shapes up very well compared to the RDA and it's worth a punt for you I think. It's a far, far superior system than the stardust in every single way I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Anytime i look at these tanks, i always wonder how they can possibly wick properly once the juice gets to any kind of low level :confused:

I noticed in another thread eeloe, you had wicking problems with the vision ego. You pretty much described my experience...

How are ye finding the wicking on the viv nova's, dry hits etc...??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's a very good question and I had exactly the same problem. Tried loads of tanks and clearo's to find something that would at least partly measure up to the RDA but nothing did. The RDA is always a bit dodgy in the pocket cos of potential leaking obviously and it's hard to know how much is left in it too so I was looking for some kind of tank system.

So far, I'd have to say that it measures up very well. The vape is warmer than the RDA even at 3.8v and a 2.4 ohm coil and the vapour and flavour are also very good. The draw is very similar and no issue at all.

For 12 euro, I think it shapes up very well compared to the RDA and it's worth a punt for you I think. It's a far, far superior system than the stardust in every single way I think.

Excellent, sounds right up my street. Have the same issues with the RDA, they're great, but most of my pockets smell of Halo Torque at this stage :). I have an RTA on the way, which will help, but it'd be nice to have something cheap and simple to just fill up and throw in a pocket as needed.

I've only been using it on and off since yesterday it's sitting on top of my lavatube infront of my computer.

I've had about 3ml through it so far and it's grand, I've been making sure to give it a swish around, and a tip over every once in a while and no real dry hits or anything! I'll keep ye updated tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

Hi Guys, been lurking about here for the last 9 weeks so time to make myself known. Been vaping for 8 weeks and off the cigarettes for 7 weeks. My wife is also off them and vaping. Starting with Ego T 900mah batteries and CE4+ clearomisers but had no luck with them. Got CE5+ clearomisers from discount vapers in the states and found them way better. fixed all the problems I had with the CE4+.
    Then moved onto Ego C twist and wanted something easier to get my hands on than the CE5+ so got a vivi nova tank from TBS. Have it a week now. Great tank. no Issues. Have to splosh it about a bit to keep the wicks wet but no problem with that. Have been using the 2.4ohm head up till last nite. Died on me with no warning. I was after cranking up to 4.3v and enjoying the thick vapour when it died (or maybe I killed it) :-) Anyways I have in my pocket a lot of the time. Even when about the farm. (am careful to within reason of it) and no leaks or problems with it. It's sturdy out !
    In my 8 short weeks of vaping this has been the best so far. Am very happy with. I even have 2 more coming today to have spares. :-D

Thats good to see and welcome!

I do notice that the vapour is very warm. I started off using the 2.4 ohm at 4v but I'm cranking down as the day goes on. Apart from that I've still to get a bad hit, leak or anything. Normally the "issues" start appearing an hour or two after the initial thrill of a new toy but I'm delighted with this actually.

• Advertisement

Welcome aboard mate....glad your doing so well..soon your 7 weeks analog free will be 7 months! ;)

Keep on vaping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

So far so good. To be honest at 1st I didn't think it would work but 7 weeks later I'm thrilled. All this vaping gear is eating up what I am saving on not smoking 30 a day ! ha ha ha. 2 more vivi nova tanks, 150 mils of juice and a lava tube due today ! Whuuhuuu.

It never feckin stops, there's always new stuff coming out :eek:

Just a quick update. I've used this since 10 this morning and haven't had one dry/burnt hit from it yet and no leaks either.

The only possible negative that I have is the heat of the vape. It's quite hot even down at 3.2 volts using the 2.4 ohm head.

I'd imagine the 1.8 ohm must be very hot altogether.

It's the nature of the set up, the heating coil is pretty damn close to your mouth when you think of it, compared to a carto...very little room for it to loose temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ordered. If this isn't superb I'll hunt down each and every one of you and make you vape dry 306s!

I'm an idiot too by the way. I was wondering why the 2.4 ohm was so hot.............well, it's because I had the 1.8 ohm head on it........

In a rush to play with my new toy I must have mixed them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Been using the vivi nova for the most of a week now & its the best tank i've used so far, no leaks or cracks and most importantly flavor is very consistent.

For €12 with 3 atomizers its fantastic value

I took the 2.8 ohm one apart with a view to rebuilding it but the distance from the coil to the connecting point is fairly long. They seem to have a bit of thicker wire soldered onto the end of the coil. Without that, the wire length would be very long and add a heap of resistance. Damn it. TBS dont have replacement heads yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I took the 2.8 ohm one apart with a view to rebuilding it but the distance from the coil to the connecting point is fairly long. They seem to have a bit of thicker wire soldered onto the end of the coil. Without that, the wire length would be very long and add a heap of resistance. Damn it. TBS dont have replacement heads yet either.

This might help?
    http://www.beatrev.com/2012/05/10/vivi-nova-rebuild-tutorial/
    Then again it might not, I didnt understand about the resistance and no resistance wire. YMMV

• Advertisement

I think you can use long legs and bend it back and twist it tightly to kind of simulate some no resistance apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Am really tempted to order one of these and see what the fuss is about. Hmmm

Arrived today. Very handy design. Works perfectly well. I can't wait until TBS has individual atomisers for it in stock. :)

Ended up getting one today aswell, initially impressed :)

If you're not in a rush for atties, Health Cabin have them in stock, probably a bit cheaper aswell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Gryzor wrote: »
    Ended up getting one today aswell, initially impressed :)

If you're not in a rush for atties, Health Cabin have them in stock, probably a bit cheaper aswell..
    Is it just me? got my Lavatube with the nova tank from TBS today and have to say the flavour with the Lavatube comes out better than the twist, but have noticed that when the level in the Nova drops around half way down I start getting a burnt taste, tried swishing as some of you have said and soaking the wick in the juice but still burnt taste. As soon as I top up the the level again no burnt taste and lovely smooth flavour and great plumes of vapour with the Lavatube (2.4 ohm head) Can't see the point of having a 3.5 ml tank if I have to keep topping it up before it gets half way down :(
    Any suggestions?

I can't say I've noticed that happening to me, when the flavor starts to dip, give it a little swish around and bam, its back.

I've found turning it upside down for a few seconds helps.

nesf wrote: »
    I'll try that when level goes down, must give vaping a break for an hour or so, got a bit of a headache from chain vaping my new toy.
    Have to say peeps at work having a good laugh at me coz of the size of the Lavetube with the Nova tank stuck on top, but couldn't give a hoot, tiz working for me just dandy.
    BTW could the burnt taste come from the 2.4 ohm head, do I need to put in the 2.8 or is the 2.4 ok for a vv?

2.4 should be fine so long as the voltage is low enough. 1.8 should be grand at 3V. :)

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »

Started getting burnt taste again when level dropped to 1.6 ml and turned it upside down for about 20 sec's and burning taste gone. So your not just a pretty face :D

On another topic, has anyone had problems with their lavatube button not firing? (only got it yesterday) last night about one in four clicks wouldn't fire it up at all, battery charged at 60% even changed battery and still problem with button not working regularly.
    But today it's working perfectly (and no I wasn't pi$$ed) hope it's not a dicky button problem that will eventually fail.

Advertisement