Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivi Nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Lost my first tank to a juice, black liqorice from albavapours. In fairness it says it plainly in the juice description on the site, didn't see it for whatever reason :rolleyes:

Hairline cracks have started to form in the polycarb tube, just a matter of time before it becomes a mess i imagine....picked up one of the metal tubes a while back, so i can use that with this juice...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Do people dry burn before the first use? Is that best practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Do people dry burn before the first use? Is that best practice?

Yeah, supposed to eliminate the break-in period. I've only used one head, the rest I've rewicked, but six one-second shots seemed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Once the Vivi was broken in I enjoyed it very much, especially as boge seem to be going through a rough patch atm.
    I do seem to use more juice with it though, anyone else have the same experience?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yeah they are juice monsters alright...i'm normally about 5-6ml a day, and with the vivi it was up to around 8-9ml a day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Anyone any issues with cleaning these? Any harm rinsing out the head or should that be avoided? I've a lingering flavour I can't get rid of!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

chacal wrote: »
    Anyone any issues with cleaning these? Any harm rinsing out the head or should that be avoided? I've a lingering flavour I can't get rid of!
    Thanks

I've rinsed 'em under the tap and / or soaked 'em in alcohol - not a bother.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Should have known, but these things dont like 100% VG! Juice is way too thick for the wicks, the standard ones anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

chacal wrote: »
    Thanks

I wash the tank, lid and bottom part out in warm water and let them dry for a day or so on the windowsill on some kitchen roll.

I then put the heads in a jug with boiling water for a half hour or so giving them the odd mix and then rinse them and let them dry out for a day or so as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alf70

Is anybody having a problem with the treads on the Vivi Nova? Seems to have mangled the treads on one of my batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

I finally give into temptation and acquired one of these, long wick version. Tried it out with my new El Toro juice and although it started great, I'm now getting a very cold draw, and a lot of burnt taste, even with loads of jucie left in it. Anyone else had this issue. It's my first time straying from the original ego-T system or cartomisers, so could be doing something silly.

It's on a standard ego battery, and its the 2.4 head. Which of the three heads is generally better on the ego battery?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

th el toros are 50% vg .. I think I read somewhere that higher vg juices had a little bit of trouble with the vivis, but i could be wrong.. or it could even have been a previous version of the vivis

the el toro juices are very "dirty" on coils though. even on my repairables, I have to clean them pretty often when I vape the el toros... I think the coils on the vivis are wrapped very close together.. if the el toro is leaving deposits on the coil this could be causing an issue for you as it builds up

how I deal with this is give it a few short dry burns, get the coils to pulse red (has to be dry for this) .. when it's really bad I get a toothpick or an old toothbrush and gently try to clean the coils

Thanks, I'll see if I can salvage the juice and investigate the coil at lunch time.

If it is built up on the coil already, I'll have to find a different way to use the El Toro juice.
    th el toros are 50% vg .. I think I read somewhere that higher vg juices had a little bit of trouble with the vivis, but i could be wrong.. or it could even have been a previous version of the vivis

the el toro juices are very "dirty" on coils though. even on my repairables, I have to clean them pretty often when I vape the el toros... I think the coils on the vivis are wrapped very close together.. if the el toro is leaving deposits on the coil this could be causing an issue for you as it builds up

how I deal with this is give it a few short dry burns, get the coils to pulse red (has to be dry for this) .. when it's really bad I get a toothpick or an old toothbrush and gently try to clean the coils

it depends on the juice, is it cigarillos or virginia prime?

virginia was *way* worse on the coils... I had to dry burn once a day at least.. every morning I'd look at my coil and the wire would be backed in gunk.. some of the coils were so caked they were touching each other and and it was affecting the vape.

cigarillos wasnt as bad but if the coils are wound very close together it might not matter, as even a small amount of deposit on the coils could have an effect

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

@Carb do you have the long wick attys with a wide opening at the top (i.e. you can see the coil. Or the long-wick attys with a pin-size hole at the top? I've had issues with high VG content liquids on the vivi nova's

Yes, long wick and wide opening.

Unsurprisingly, looks like Sir Digby was right. Disassembled it there and the coil looks a bit gunked up.

I've stuck on the 1.8 head with my Dekang jucie and it's flying again.
    @Carb do you have the long wick attys with a wide opening at the top (i.e. you can see the coil. Or the long-wick attys with a pin-size hole at the top? I've had issues with high VG content liquids on the vivi nova's

when you can, try to do a dry burn with the gunked up head

get an old toothbrush and after you've made the coil glow red a few times (only for a few seconds each time) take the tooth brush and give the coil a gentle brush. you just want to get rid of the caked off deposits from the juice.

be sure and wait a second or two for the coils to cool down before you brush, I didn't once and melted some ofthe toothbrush... things. had to throw the coil away then as I wasn't sure I wouldn't be vaping something with plastic melted onto it

It's cigarillos. Had to check it out after all your praise. The flavour didn't disappoint.

I dropped the head into some boiling water, and there was even a bit of gunk floating in the water. I'll let it dry and try a dry burn on it over the weekend to salvage the head.

Thanks.
    it depends on the juice, is it cigarillos or virginia prime?

virginia was *way* worse on the coils... I had to dry burn once a day at least.. every morning I'd look at my coil and the wire would be backed in gunk.. some of the coils were so caked they were touching each other and and it was affecting the vape.

cigarillos wasnt as bad but if the coils are wound very close together it might not matter, as even a small amount of deposit on the coils could have an effect

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Have to say found cigarillos fairly disappointing myself. Almost flavourless :(

Quite like the cigarillos, but finding the Vivi Nova very frustrating. Ok flavour, then burnt flavour, then ok, then burnt ......etc. and thats with dekang or liqua juice. For the amount of juice I've gone through in the past two days, there hasn't been much enjoyment.

Got some Kanger KR-510 clearomisers at the same time, and liking them so far.
    Have to say found cigarillos fairly disappointing myself. Almost flavourless :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Carb wrote: »
    Quite like the cigarillos, but finding the Vivi Nova very frustrating. Ok flavour, then burnt flavour, then ok, then burnt ......etc. and thats with dekang or liqua juice. For the amount of juice I've gone through in the past two days, there hasn't been much enjoyment.
    It's stock wick can't seem to soak up anything heavier than 20%VG without needing to be tipped and dry pulled.
    Swap the wick for cotton and Bob's your uncle. Tried the Cigarillos with the stock head and had the same problems, slid wick out, inserted cotton, no dry hits, ever.

Unfortunately, it's the reverse for the Orange de Sangre. It wicks through the cotton so well (80/20 PG/VG) that the coil is soaked and the already minimal amount of vapour gets choked.
    I've got to make sure I'm chain-vaping it in order to get vapour. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Haven't used the Nova since I got my Kanger T2s. Have one unopened but the last one I was using had started to leak out the bottom (through the 510 connection). Would putting a new head on it sort it or is it likely to be a different problem?

sept09baby wrote: »
    Haven't used the Nova since I got my Kanger T2s. Have one unopened but the last one I was using had started to leak out the bottom (through the 510 connection). Would putting a new head on it sort it or is it likely to be a different problem?

It might have been the head wasn't tight enough and some just got down through the centre hole where the heads acrews in, its hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Initially thought it was a loose head but double checked everything. There was a good bit and once it started leaking it would keep doing it so don't think it was the airhole. Happened to both Novas I bought and only after a few weeks so that's why I thought it might be just the head needed replacement.

Was going to give one to friend I'm bringing to vapefest so she can just get spare heads but won't bother if it's something bigger

Have you been filling them up too much maybe overfilling them no?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparkemo

Has anyone else noticed that the replacement heads for the vivi nova are about 2mm longer than the ones that come with the kit ?

It will screw in tight but not make a seal or (as I did ) destroy the top rubber seal on them as the top cap would not seal all the way.

With the head off I was able to push the center post down enough to make them fit but protrudes at the threads quite a bit which may cause problems threading in to some devices.

I tried heads from two different suppliers, they were the same.

sparkemo wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the replacement heads for the vivi nova are about 2mm longer than the ones that come with the kit ?

It will screw in tight but not make a seal or (as I did ) destroy the top rubber seal on them as the top cap would not seal all the way.

With the head off I was able to push the center post down enough to make them fit but protrudes at the threads quite a bit which may cause problems threading in to some devices.

I tried heads from two different suppliers, they were the same.

There's a couple of different versions of the Vivi Nova so I reckon you have the version 2 heads for the version 1 tank or vice versa or then again is there a version 2.5 out now I dunno but this happens over the rate the manufacturers change and release versions of the same thing and they dont bother to print what version is what on the actual item.

I have 3 different types as I have the bootleg version of the vivi as well and when I'm putting them together its like a jigsaw puzzle trying to get the right heads or caps on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparkemo

It's A Vivi Nova V3 tank ( well that's what was advertised ) that I have.
    Bought V3 replacement heads , but they look different with the little spud on top
    compared to the open top with metal washer that came in the kit.
    Which one is the real V3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

sparkemo wrote: »
    Which one is the real V3 ?

Judging from pbusardo's video, the real Vision Vivis have their resistance etched on the side of the coil-head, and the silicone cap has a lip over the top, the end that meets the drip tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Bought a vivi nova at the weekend and really disappointed, fits lovely on the provari that I picked up but the vape is shocking.

I have a burnt taste 60% of the time regardless of the voltage setting or the 3 heads that came with it. From Google searches I dont have a fiber ring that burns and I cleaned them out, dry burnt and primed them before using. Every now and again I get a nice vape with flavor but its rare.

Also have two mini's and they have been great but turn clear liquids dark very soon and lose flavor once this happens.

Am I doing something wrong

Advertisement