Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Islander13 wrote: »
    This tallies with previous reports that same day payments are operating, albeit in a somewhat sporadic way. Would love to hear that people are starting to receive their salaries. I was due on the 22nd and still no sign. Once they begin to flow I think progress will have been made. Until then, it'll be chaos

My wife got her salary last wednesday, it was due on 20th June. I got paid on 22nd of June but hasnt arrived yet!!

But i like to know where do we stand now on the legal side of things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Superscouse , how on earth are you still operating ?

Mad isn't it

Quite mad !

I have been assured that all DD's are being allowed as long as they "look" normal and regular. I have the same debits coming out for years so when they get presented, they recognise them and get processed.

I did take the precaution of ringing my main suppliers and reminding them I was UB. They have not reported any problems with DD's not getting paid, but I am COMPLETELY in the dark. The national lottery told me I was right to ring them, just in case. I have told them if there is a problem, I will go into their offices and drop cash on the table if needs be. This is against their rules as they demand DD, but seeing the bank is broken, it will have to do.

While I believe my DD's are all in order, I believe the fact its all over the news, no one in the country is unaware of the problems. Suppliers know whats happening and are being tolerant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Quite mad !

As I said in an earlier post , I was speaking to a small business who has decided to shut up shop and go on early holiday.

She had been refusing card payments for the last 10 days because she couldn't be sure that they were going though .

Were you able to pay staff even ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carssou

The news I have from my company's HR is that UB are manually working on the backlog on branches even for electronic lodgements, no automated tasks. If we have a SO or need to transfer money we can contact the branch manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

As I said in an earlier post , I was speaking to a small business who has decided to shut up shop and go on early holiday.

She had been refusing card payments for the last 10 days because she couldn't be sure that they were going though .

Yeiks, that's really bad!

They are forgetting that this kind of thing could put a lot of small businesses over the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

OUTSOURCING := is there anything it CAN do ???

I am a cash business. It costs me money to lodge it.

I am honestly not bothered about this. I am not using night safe anymore. I am going into the branch and having them stamp my lodgement book. This is my proof of lodgements.

As long as my suppliers keep supplying, I am unaffected. The only problem I could have is supplies stop. That can only happen if UB dont pay DD's.

THEY hold the account.
    THEY have my cash.
    THEY have the problem.

If THEY stop my DD's, THEY are in the frame.

As I have said all along. They are responsible and they know it. If anyone, and I mean anyone, loses out due to this, UB have to take the hit.

There will be no black marks with the credit bureau, nobodys ESB will be cut off, end of story. Once the supplier sees the originating account is UB, which they can see easily, they will know. However, if you get paid into UB, transfer to AIB and pay your ESB from there, you may run into problems.

I dont mean to come over as flippant, but I am not one bit worried. If I was relying on the cash to arrive from an employer, like a lot of people are, I would probably be furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Stating the obvious, Tuesday 03/7/12, and no change in my current account since yesterday. I see no progress in "clearing the backlog" on checking my account online.

I have lodgements that have not cleared, visa debit transactions not showing and no direct debits from 20th on..... there is no improvement as far a I can see!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

System is now down on both the app on the phone & the pc. Can't check anything again. Going on the last time this happened for me there was a change in the account once the service was resumed. Will post back once I get back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

Both ulster bank app and anytime banking is out of service at the moment, I wonder could there be some activity going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

My branch told me last night they were processsing payments from other Banks for the 25th June. Which is rather worrying as a payment sent from BoI to me on June 20th has not arrived in the account yet.

They have made no start on all the 'over the counter' lodgments yet, and don't know when they will.

While most customers have been very patient with UB, I believe there are signs that the mood is darkening by the day. Don't know if its true, but I did hear there is now 'bouncer' like security on some branches

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

As long as my suppliers keep supplying, I am unaffected. The only problem I could have is supplies stop. That can only happen if UB dont pay DD's.

THEY hold the account.
    THEY have my cash.
    THEY have the problem.

I have to agree with you fully on this one. However I have now opened an account elsewhere and I am going to lodge my cheques etc. into there until some of the in branch lodgements that I have made over the past two weeks start to make an appearance on my account, just to be on the safe side in case suppliers start to lose patience (which they would be quite within their rights to do at this stage).

I have been in my branch every day for the last two weeks and my heart goes out to the people who are basically in there begging to be given their own money. You can nearly feel peoples mortification when they are being asked about how much they normally spend on DDs etc. out of their accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

alphabeat wrote: »
    OUTSOURCING := is there anything it CAN do ???

It's cheap, and it makes bosses feel like they have cut costs. Hardly any bosses have any respect for their IT staff or have a clue what they do. When you outsource, you had better be bloody sure that you don't get rid of key people who know the system inside out, or you will pay for it, like Ulster bank are now. Just remember that a lot of Indian IT companies are like Churchill the nodding dog, prepared to say yes to everything, and lying about their capabilities to leech Irish and UK jobs over to their country. Well, the thick Irish government had better open their eyes. All Irish banks are dabbling in India now. That's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I can't log into my account. Hopefully there is some activity taking place seeing as child benefit is due in today.

Or am I being too hopeful? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Anyone else not able to access online banking?:(

Eblana12 wrote: »

THEY hold the account.
    THEY have my cash.
    THEY have the problem.

I have to agree with you fully on this one. However I have now opened an account elsewhere and I am going to lodge my cheques etc. into there until some of the in branch lodgements that I have made over the past two weeks start to make an appearance on my account, just to be on the safe side in case suppliers start to lose patience (which they would be quite within their rights to do at this stage).

I have been in my branch every day for the last two weeks and my heart goes out to the people who are basically in there begging to be given their own money. You can nearly feel peoples mortification when they are being asked about how much they normally spend on DDs etc. out of their accounts.

The question is: Are your suppliers getting paid?

I am going to confirm that by phone this morning. As long as they are sorted - you are sorted. Just make sure you have a stamped lodgement book. When they do eventually get up to date, make sure your lodgements are all accounted for. Do not use a nightsafe. Get a stamp, at the counter. That will stop any queries if any arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My child benefit didnt go through today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭thomasj

Didnt think it could get worse but,....on Rte
    RBS chairman Phillip Hampton, who met politicians in Belfast, said he understood customers anger

"I apologise to all of our customers for the inconvenience and difficulties we've caused them. It should never have happened. I don't think we will fix it by the end of the current week. Hopefully as we go through next week, we will absolutely break the back of this," Mr Hampton said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 garys

DoneDL wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to access online banking?:(

I can't log in either.... hopefully a sign that they've made some movement towards fixing the problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

garys wrote: »
    I can't log in either.... hopefully a sign that they've made some movement towards fixing the problem...

I wouldn't hold your breath

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

The question is: Are your suppliers getting paid?

I am going to confirm that by phone this morning. As long as they are sorted - you are sorted. Just make sure you have a stamped lodgement book. When they do eventually get up to date, make sure your lodgements are all accounted for. Do not use a nightsafe. Get a stamp, at the counter. That will stop any queries if any arise.

I have always been a bit wary of internet banking etc. and had only been using it to watch the balances etc. with the result that most of my suppliers are paid by cheque and I understand that their banks have cleared the cheques for them at this stage and are allowing them draw the funds against them so I don't think UB can do much about them at this stage!. I have a couple of DD's with suppliers but they actually wouldn't be due for payment until the middle of the month so I am ok there for the time being. A few wouldn't accept UB cheques but I managed to get drafts for them.

I have stopped using the night safe and I have been lodging in branch. The only worry I have is the night safe and express lodgement stuff from the first week before I realised how serious this was and stopped using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

I can't log in either but I doubt very much it's down to any form of progress. More likely to be the opposite given events so far.

Radio Nova news has just quoted the MD of the bank saying problems could go on till the middle of next week.

Mark my words, this will go on for months.

People will get charged, fined, whatever. They will reclaim any that are not automatically sorted but it will take months.

Remember I said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Back up and running again. I'm afraid I was too hopeful. I'm going on holidays this weekend and badly need to get some clothes and bits.

This is an absolute farce of highest proportions :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,230 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Internet banking now disabled as others said
    I don't think we will fix it by the end of the current week. Hopefully as we go through next week, we will absolutely break the back of this

So hopefully some of it will be fixed by the end of next week? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭thomasj

eigrod wrote: »

I can't log in either but I doubt very much it's down to any form of progress. More likely to be the opposite given events so far.

I'm able to login to the mobile app again!

No progress! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

thomasj wrote: »
    Didnt think it could get worse but,....on Rte
    RBS chairman Phillip Hampton, who met politicians in Belfast, said he understood customers anger

"I apologise to all of our customers for the inconvenience and difficulties we've caused them. It should never have happened. I don't think we will fix it by the end of the current week. Hopefully as we go through next week, we will absolutely break the back of this," Mr Hampton said.

Excellent.
    A bank can't give us precise dates and has resorted to statement that a teenager on work experience would make ... "hopefully ... next week"

They don't know what is going on.
    If they can't give a deadline and stick to it then they're goosed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

eigrod wrote: »
    yeah not very hopefull either ,i had a couple of quid to cover things in my account and everytime its gone down i've thought maybe my pay will go in ....but nada :rolleyes: checking back on my account balance's and all the outgoings it all adds up prefectly and has done since last week some time,any time i use my card it shows up as a debit pretty much asap but no movement on inbound payments....i'm mainly only pissed that we where put to tha back of the que and how the situation has progressed or not for that matter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement