Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

chasm wrote: »
    Details of their Credit score i think as it followed after this: "It is also ­understood bosses have agreed special terms with credit ratings agencies to ensure victims are not left with black marks on their records."
    You'd swear it was only a minor issue here from that article!

OK, i see it now. They separated each sentence, looked like none of them was related to the other...
    Since it is in the press, there is no chance they can deny responsibility.
    Good news for non-Ulster Bank account holders!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Tried to log in there to see if there was any movement on my account but I can't log in. Someone in part one of this thread said they normally go down between 2am and 3am so we'll see in 41 minutes time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭chasm

wonski wrote: »
    OK, i see it now. They separated each sentence, looked like none of them was related to the other...

I had to reread that bit of the article because i thought the same when i read it first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Tried to log in there to see if there was any movement on my account but I can't log in. Someone in part one of this thread said they normally go down between 2am and 3am so we'll see in 41 minutes time :pac:

Not sure what time it comes back, but I finish work late at night, so know for sure 2am is a cut off time.

I assume this is when those "batches" the nerds here talk about are being processed.

So, there is one change. The S/O i tried to get rid of for many days now, is back again!!! Just awaiting another 12.70 charge...
    I really doubt it is going to be sorted before next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

No change in my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I was billed on 30 June for about €84 and there is no sign of it to go out of my account yet..but I withdrew €500 yesterday via ATM and paid a bill online this morning for €120 which both have been taken from my balance..so i'm confused why the transaction from June 30 isn't showing up (it says on the site I pay that it was received :/)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

No change overnight here. Still missing wages from 21st & 28th, family income supplement from 21st & 28th. Now also missing child benefit, due today.

Debit card transactions, direct debits & ATM withdrawals are applied up to June 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭notuslimited

Checked account this morning. Still no activity showing on my account since 18 June. Not a fupping sausage. No wages, no Children's Allowance - nothing, nada, sweet fanny adam. I am starting to get seriously pissed off now. UB Credit Card working normally so yesterday asked for a €3000 increase in credit limit to cover me just in case I need it. UB are considering my request and will know by end of week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

As above.
    Not a fuking bean inwards since two weeks.
    Now almost €5k short.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,329 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still -511.86. Not a budge since the 18th of June, now my other DD's are going to be affected.

Thats it im pulling my wages from my account and setting up a PTSB account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Just a quick question, if I go into my local branch and lodge cash will it go straight through to my account or will it be subject to the backlog, eg are they just working on the backlog and technically this will be added to the backlog?
    Don't want to have a wasted journey to town if I were to go into the bank and then not have access to the cash if needed over the next few days, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Just a quick question, if I go into my local branch and lodge cash will it go straight through to my account or will it be subject to the backlog, eg are they just working on the backlog and technically this will be added to the backlog?
    Don't want to have a wasted journey to town if I were to go into the bank and then not have access to the cash if needed over the next few days, thanks.

I think you join the "backlog" "queue" afaik (if it exists).
    In reality, they will just gobble up your money and you will never see it again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Another morning, another check online and mobile and still no wages. We haven't spent a bean using our cards since the 23rd so no new transactions should be showing up.

Slipping over to the side of insanity this morning. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

no change on my acc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Ok boys and girls

July 3rd.

My commercial bank account is still showing 21st of June.

No lodgements have hit it whatsoever. No EFT from the laser machine, no cash lodgements, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Ok boys and girls

July 3rd.

My commercial bank account is still showing 21st of June.

No lodgements have hit it whatsoever. No EFT from the laser machine, no cash lodgements, nothing.

Superscouse , how on earth are you still operating ?

Mad isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Still no sign of my wages since 21st of June and no sign of Children's Allowance today either. Account balance is reading mius 17.77 instead of plus 800 aprox. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 djk68

FYI

A meeting of the Oireachtas Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform Committee is being held this Thursday at 2-30 p.m. with the following subject matters:

1. The safeguards in place to mitigate technical difficulties in the Irish Financial Services Sector [Representatives of the Central Bank of Ireland, Financial Regulation Division]
    2. Technical difficulties within Ulster Bank [Representatives of Ulster Bank]

Of course this may be pure spin from them , ie We have to do things in certain order yadda yadda yadda , lets hope they get a serious grilling however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Don't think I can do this anymore. The indefinite wait. I logged in today expecting to see money I lodged on Saturday 23rd. Foolish behaviour I know. Totally disillusioned. Due to be paid on Thursday by EFT, not enough time to set up alternative account. Very depressed about the whole thing. Angry too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Davidth88 wrote: »
    FYI

A meeting of the Oireachtas Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform Committee is being held this Thursday at 2-30 p.m. with the following subject matters:

1. The safeguards in place to mitigate technical difficulties in the Irish Financial Services Sector [Representatives of the Central Bank of Ireland, Financial Regulation Division]

Of course this may be pure spin from them , ie We have to do things in certain order yadda yadda yadda , lets hope they get a serious grilling however.
    I suggest that you lobby the members of the committee in advance of the meeting. I will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jagnux

Hi,

New here but I wanted to let people know that today for the first time I see money in my account, this money was sent around the 21st (international wire in USD), but it appeared in my account today marked as 26th June, I also had a wire transfer from a UK company sent 25th June in GBP (i'm in N. Ireland) which hasn't appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Still nothing in my account this morning and with news today of it now being next week I'm glad that yesterday I finally gave up and took steps to open an account with a different bank.

That won't save my next payment due in at midnight wed/thurs but at least I feel like I'm doing something.

Eoineo wrote: »
    I suggest that you lobby the members of the committee in advance of the meeting. I will be.

I am , that's where I got the info from.

Just FYI

I am not an UB customer , but my employer is ... was due to have monthly pay on 25th.... still nothing .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

jagnux wrote: »
    Hi,

New here but I wanted to let people know that today for the first time I see money in my account, this money was sent around the 21st (international wire in USD), but it appeared in my account today marked as 26th June, I also had a wire transfer from a UK company sent 25th June in GBP (i'm in N. Ireland) which hasn't appeared.

I'm glad you got your money but i'm curious as to why they aren't doing it in order? Plenty of us are awaiting money that should have been in our accounts before the 26th June (Mine should have been in on the 22nd, and some people are still awaiting from the 20th...) It doesn't make sense that they are just doing it all randomly :/

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Davidth88 wrote: »
    FYI

Well they at least should get a grilling from Pearse doherty and joe higgins, peter matthews fg should also be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

jagnux wrote: »
    Hi,

This tallies with previous reports that same day payments are operating, albeit in a somewhat sporadic way. Would love to hear that people are starting to receive their salaries. I was due on the 22nd and still no sign. Once they begin to flow I think progress will have been made. Until then, it'll be chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jagnux

dee. wrote: »
    I'm glad you got your money but i'm curious as to why they aren't doing it in order? Plenty of us are awaiting money that should have been in our accounts before the 26th June (Mine should have been in on the 22nd, and some people are still awaiting from the 20th...) It doesn't make sense that they are just doing it all randomly :/

I'm not exactly sure, the transaction i'm speaking of was sent from a bank in USA on 21st, I wasn't expecting it for at least a week because it has to be handled manually and converted into GBP before hitting my account, if people are waiting for salaries that are regular DD's or bank transfers then they aren't working through a backlog because I definitely shouldn't see anything if people are waiting from the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

How many customers does Ulster Bank have in the Republic

• Advertisement

skydish79 wrote: »
    How many customers does Ulster Bank have in the Republic

That's not really relevant , this is effecting thousands of other people too, although RBS's spin won't mention this

For example my employer banks with UB , he employs 6 people none of whom bank with UB , none of us have been paid this month. ( over a week late )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement