Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Well the good news is that all of our home games for the first half of the season are Saturday evening games. Although given that I'm working in UCD I have to say the Friday evening games suited me down to the ground too.

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/teams/leinster/fixtures.php

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

There is another open training session on Carlow on Friday. The weekend after is the first friendly, it won't be long now til the season is up and running!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

When do Leinster send out the season ticket stuff?

decisions wrote: »

The tickets themselves generally arrive in mid-August IIRC and then we pick up the packs at the first game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

durkadurka wrote: »

There is an interview in Irish Rugby TV with Joe about his presentation:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv?play=media&id=12465

Conor O'Shea also has an interview about his presentation:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv?play=media&id=12463

Both are pretty interesting I thought.

Edit: Declan Kidney gave a presentation too and it would have been good to get an interview with him beforehand.

"Ireland head coach Declan Kidney delivered a detailed presentation on the build-up and Irish team performances in the summer tour of New Zealand. Performance analysis with videos were presented and discussed, with the attendees posing probing questions afterwards.

Declan highlighted the key challenges facing the Irish team in the short term but also Irish rugby development in the long term if the next Rugby World Cup and indeed the return tour to New Zealand are to be more successful."

http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/26927.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

CatFromHue wrote: »
    There is an interview in Irish Rugby TV with Joe about his presentation:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv?play=media&id=12465

Conor O'Shea also has an interview about his presentation:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv?play=media&id=12463

Both are pretty interesting I thought.

Edit: Declan Kidney gave a presentation too and it would have been good to get an interview with him beforehand.

"Ireland head coach Declan Kidney delivered a detailed presentation on the build-up and Irish team performances in the summer tour of New Zealand. Performance analysis with videos were presented and discussed, with the attendees posing probing questions afterwards.

Declan highlighted the key challenges facing the Irish team in the short term but also Irish rugby development in the long term if the next Rugby World Cup and indeed the return tour to New Zealand are to be more successful."

http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/26927.php

There are a number of ways you could interpret that sentence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

molloyjh wrote: »
    The tickets themselves generally arrive in mid-August IIRC and then we pick up the packs at the first game.

The packs are avail for the first 2 home games aren't they?

The packs are avail for the first 2 home games aren't they?

They're probably available for the first few weeks I'd say. But even after a trip to Bruce I still miss the RDS already so won't be missing the first week myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

They're probably available for the first few weeks I'd say. But even after a trip to Bruce I still miss the RDS already so won't be missing the first week myself! :D

Missed the first home game in 2010 and never got mine :(

tolosenc wrote: »
    Missed the first home game in 2010 and never got mine :(

Really? I thought they always gave people a couple of weeks...

So anyone any thoughts on who we're going to see next weekend? My guess:

1. VdM
    2. Strauss
    3. Hagan
    4. Cullen
    5. Toner
    6. Ruddock
    7. Ryan
    8. Auva'a
    9. Boss
    10. Madigan
    11. Carr
    12. O'Shea
    13. Macken
    14. Conway
    15. Nacewa

16. Dundon
    17. McGrath
    18. Moore
    19. Denton
    20. Murphy
    21. Cooney
    22. Reid
    23. Hudson

Will be praying for everyone to come through these couple of weeks injury free. These are the guys that will be starting for us for a lot of the Rabo games between now and Christmas at least. We can't afford to be hit with injuries like we were at the start of last season. Locky and Cronin will probably be available a fair bit but ultimately the guys above are the ones we're going to rely on at least until Bent and Goodman arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd bet a far more conservative team, with some of the A players starting. I'd bet we'd see a team more along the lines of:

1. McGrath
    2. Dundon
    3. Hagan
    4. Denton
    5. Toner
    6. Murphy
    7. Ryan
    8. Auva'a
    9. Cooney
    10. Madigan/Reid
    11. Carr
    12. Reid/O'Shea
    13. Macken
    14. Hudson
    15. Conway

16. Sexton
    17. HvDM
    18. Moore
    19. Flanagan
    20. Conan
    21. Boss
    22. Madigan
    23. Nacewa

Basically same team, rejigged. I think they'd like to see how the A players start a game, with some time reserved for the senior guys.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Noel Reid is on the piss in Miami so I doubt he'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Higher wrote: »
    Noel Reid is on the piss in Miami so I doubt he'll be there.

Is he injured? Why would he be allowed miss some pre season?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

.ak wrote: »
    I'd bet a far more conservative team, with some of the A players starting. I'd bet we'd see a team more along the lines of:

1. McGrath
    2. Dundon
    3. Hagan
    4. Denton
    5. Toner
    6. Murphy
    7. Ryan
    8. Auva'a
    9. Cooney
    10. Madigan/Reid
    11. Carr
    12. Reid/O'Shea
    13. Macken
    14. Hudson
    15. Conway

16. Sexton
    17. HvDM
    18. Moore
    19. Flanagan
    20. Conan
    21. Boss
    22. Madigan
    23. Nacewa

Basically same team, rejigged. I think they'd like to see how the A players start a game, with some time reserved for the senior guys.

I think that side is just too inexperienced to start a Pro 12 game, I'd expect two of VdM, Nacewa and Cullen to start. I also reckon Roux would be involved ahead of Flanagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

But it's not pro 12, it's just a pre season friendly.I'd be disappointed if we didn't see the likes of denton roux etc playing in this

But it's not pro 12, it's just a pre season friendly.I'd be disappointed if we didn't see the likes of denton roux etc playing in this

Roux isn't here yet though is he?

The reason I went with the squad I went with is because it's the only home game of pre-season and it's not in the RDS so they'll probably try to sell it as much as possible. The away games will probably see more experimentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Yesterday, he tweeted "@robert_herring2 comming next wednesday bro,wil meet up soon.."

Whether that means today, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

The reason I went with the squad I went with is because it's the only home game of pre-season and it's not in the RDS so they'll probably try to sell it as much as possible. The away games will probably see more experimentation.

For the home crowd you might be right that they'll put out a few stars, but I think we'll see plenty puff the new guys as well. Does anyone know if there is a sub limit on these games, or are they just treated as exhibitions?

Anyway only a week and a half till we get the action started all over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

There'll be more than a 23 man squad, more like 28 or 29.

1. Heinke van der Merwe
    2. Richardt Strauss
    3. Jamie Hagan
    4. Leo Cullen
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Dominic Ryan
    7. Shane Jennings
    8. Leo Auva'a
    9. Isaac Boss
    10. Ian Madigan
    11. Fionn Carr
    12. Colm O'Shea
    13. Brendan Macken
    14. Andrew Conway
    15. Isa Nacewa

16. Aaron Dundon
    17. Jack McGrath
    18. Martin Moore
    19. Mark Flanagan
    20. Tom Denton
    21. Jordi Murphy
    22. Jordan Coghlan
    23. Ben Marshall
    24. John Cooney
    25. Noel Reid
    26. Darren Hudson
    27. Andrew Boyle

Actually, there's not even a sub limit. A lot of players will feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Got my wires crossed completely there. I was thinking it was a very early start to the reason alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

6. Ruddock
    injured at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

decisions wrote: »
    Mine has just arrived in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

That's early for Leinster. I've been known to get mine the week before the season starts..

Edit: mine just arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Yep, mine arrived this morning too.

Mine too. Like the new design...

tolosenc wrote: »
    Yesterday, he tweeted "@robert_herring2 comming next wednesday bro,wil meet up soon.."

Whether that means today, I don't know.

I'd assume that means the 08th. Still that means he'll be available for the start of the season which is good news.
    injured at the moment

You're right, forgot about that. Hagz probably has it spot on in his so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Possibly posted already, but 4,000 tickets have been sold for the game in Tallaght, that's a brilliant achievement for any pre-season friendly but for a game in the one of the most un-rugby parts of the city, it's phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Hopefully a lot of them aren't already Leinster/rugby fans and we get a few converts!

That's amazing actually. Don't think the Saints or Rebels game got near that last season.

• Advertisement

(It's not "un-rugby")

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement