Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Think I may take the Monday off and head over. Want to experience it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Why a Sunday in Clermont!? Why!?

Agreed. Pain for travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Also, we defo need to put on a decent reception for the Clermont fans now that we know what date they'll be over. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Sat 13 Oct: Leinster Rugby v Exeter Chiefs , RDS 15.40 Sky Sports/Canal+Sport
    Sat 20 Oct: Scarlets v Leinster Rugby, Parc y Scarlets 13.35 Sky Sports
    Sun 9 Dec: ASM Clermont Auvergne v Leinster Rugby, St Marcel Michelin 16.00 FR2/Sky Sports
    Sat 15 Dec: Leinster Rugby v ASM Clermont Auvergne, Aviva Stadium 15.40 Sky Sports/FR2

The last time we played Clermont in the Pool stages we played them on a Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Sat 13 Oct: Leinster Rugby v Exeter Chiefs , RDS 15.40 Sky Sports/Canal+Sport
    Sat 20 Oct: Scarlets v Leinster Rugby, Parc y Scarlets 13.35 Sky Sports
    Sun 9 Dec: ASM Clermont Auvergne v Leinster Rugby, St Marcel Michelin 16.00 FR2/Sky Sports
    Sat 15 Dec: Leinster Rugby v ASM Clermont Auvergne, Aviva Stadium 15.40 Sky Sports/FR2

The last time we played Clermont in the Pool stages we played them on a Sunday.

Last time in Clermont was a Saturday evening if I am not mistaken?

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    Think I may take the Monday off and head over. Want to experience it.

see you there pal.

gis a text/mail about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Suits me perfectly thankfully. Won't be able to take days off around then so the 1 night JWT option is looking good. Fly over Saturday morning and home Sunday night. Means I only get 1 night over there, but with them coming over the following week it should make up for it.
    .ak wrote: »
    Also, we defo need to put on a decent reception for the Clermont fans now that we know what date they'll be over. :)

Yeah we have to do something for them all right. Bordeaux was nothing short of epic so we owe them!
    Big Nelly wrote: »

Nope, Sunday game too. 12th December.

Big Nelly wrote: »

It was a Sunday, my Dad's flight was delayed out on Sunday night and he ended up going straight to work on Monday morning from the airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Isn't Sunday afternoon the prime choice for rugby on French TV? Presume that's why we get this burden when playing away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

.ak wrote: »
    Aerlingus are doing a nice little 134euro flight from Friday to Monday if anyone fancies making a weekend of it.

Not anymore they're not.

Bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Happy enough with that sequence of games; would be hoping for a good win at home to Exeter to get things rolling, and then when the Clermont games are done and dusted, we'll know what is needed from rounds 5 & 6.

Reckon Clermont will make that game in Aviva the focus of their season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Reckon Clermont will make that game in Aviva the focus of their season.

I'm not so sure, I reckon the game in Clermont will be their biggie. Their away record is that bad that if they were to target away games it would be against Exeter and Lanelli. They've only won 4 out of their 6 pool games in each of the last 3 seasons with their away victories being against Aironi, Saracens (in the last pool game when Saracens were had been out of the comp at a few games by that stage), and Viadana!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hmm...I've a feeling Clermont may target the Leinster away game nonetheless for the understandable if irrational reason that we've pissed them off.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Hmm...I've a feeling Clermont may target the Leinster away game nonetheless for the understandable if irrational reason that we've pissed them off.

Honestly if they win their first 3 games (Lanelli H, Exeter A, Leinster H) they'll be more than happy with that, especially if Leinster also win their first two games as that could put Lanelli and Exeter only having mathematical chances of qualifying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Cant wait to go to Clermont. Those back to back games are going to be unreal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

prices are awol now... damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was hoping for Dublin then France, can only (possibly) make the Aviva. Waslooking forward to a trip to the Auvergne, and meet those amazing fans in their element. Still.....was there ever any doubt about the double header?

Also.....+1 on the France based game being on a Sunday......16:00 is gonna be 01:00 here......looks like I'm gonna be 'sick' on the monday! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Too early to book my train tickets, ill have to wait until mid August..

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Taking the Clermont double header in isolation-am a bit surprised they have agreed to their home game first. I think that Leinster an advantage playing at home second.

Feva In The Aviva PT III Attack Of The Clones (ie the Kearney Bros.) coming up!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Panics over lads:

@SeanOBrien1987: Hay baled, thanks be to Jesus that's done for another year! #loosingpatience”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

durkadurka wrote: »

The difference between his interpretation of the second quote and Kidney's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭jimbomalley

"The only way to perpetuate mistakes is to have no new ideas"

- Declan Kidney

edit: tolosenc said it first, just thought i'd verbal what ol' deccie might be thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

tolosenc wrote: »

The difference between his interpretation of the second quote and Kidney's...

I'm sure we all had the same thought there.....wonder does Deccie realise Joe means something alto legged different though!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I think that's pretty favorable order of fixtures for Leinster. Given the group we have, I suppose we needed a bit of help, but it's good that we have Clermont in the back to back and that play at home second. Like last time, if we can get a losing bonus over there, then we'll be in the driving seat.

Scarlets are a developing squad and it'll be nice to have maybe the easiest game first to prepare for the trip over there in round 2, and then we have a nice run in, home to Scarlets and away to Exeter who will hopefully have no more interest, even though English sides don't tend to pack it in even if they're out. but if they're under a bit of pressure in the league, you never know.

It's quite sickening to have Clermont AGAIN (4 seasons in a row), but at least we have an opportunity to take them out over 2 legs rather than potentially having to travel over there again for a semi (although given the final is in Dublin, any quarter final involving Leinster / Munster / Ulster will have a home semi draw).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Is there anything we can't do? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Was that match above international standard?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

tolosenc wrote: »

Please tell us Isa got Man of the match! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Please tell us Isa got Man of the match! :)
    Dundon I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement