Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New route for Rebel Tour 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Seems to be a load more pics added to that since it first went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eoghan84

denbatt wrote: »
    By the way lads, my sister is in the local camera club in castletownbere and they were out taking pics on saturday, she was covering the 160 route over between allihies and urhan(cods head stage) i had a look at some of them and everyone's number is not visible but i may be able to get some pictures of ye. I'm hoping she may get a pic of myself from one of the lads on the top of the healy pass;)

Hi Denbatt thanks for the message about that, do you know if the club will be putting the pics up somewhere or is there a way of getting them? I was snapped at a great spot with a nice view behind. I thought it was really nice of the girls to be taking pics there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Seems to be a load more pics added to that since it first went up.

about 100 more!
    boardsie @#196

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

There was someone on top of the Healy pass taking photos , anyone know are these photos available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

shaka wrote: »
    There was someone on top of the Healy pass taking photos , anyone know are these photos available ?

...and the Caha pass as well. The wife is mad keen to see them as this was her first mountain to climb on the bike. She said there was 2 photographers, but so far no sign of the photos.

• Advertisement

Have you tried irishsadists.ie?

Can't find that site' sounds a bit dodgy , is that address correct

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

about 100 more!
    boardsie @#196

That's me, going through Castletownbere I think. Also me at no.5.

I think I was the only 410 jersey wearer on the 160km.

the 85ers were with you in spirit though!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

eoghan84 wrote: »
    Hi Denbatt thanks for the message about that, do you know if the club will be putting the pics up somewhere or is there a way of getting them? I was snapped at a great spot with a nice view behind. I thought it was really nice of the girls to be taking pics there

Hey sorry i havent been on in a couple of days, my sister has all the photos the camera club took that day, over 4000 altogether:eek:, when i get a chance i'll have a look through them, i dont know what the plans are for the photos, they were asked to submit 10 or 20 of their best one's but after that i really don't know whats happening, i will keep you all informed;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Hey sorry i havent been on in a couple of days, my sister has all the photos the camera club took that day, over 4000 altogether:eek:, when i get a chance i'll have a look through them, i dont know what the plans are for the photos, they were asked to submit 10 or 20 of their best one's but after that i really don't know whats happening, i will keep you all informed;)

Just lash them all on an we go through them . . . Give us smethin to do over the wend . . Ha !

UPDATE: Was speaking to my sister their are actually over 6000 photos!! Some not great due to the couple of showers that day, Each member of the camera club will be submitting 50 photos to the cork sport partnership, Otherwise she told me to let ye all know ye can mail them on bearacameraclub@gmail.com and if ye know yer numbers (some of the photos i have seen numbers are not always visible) I'm sure they will do their best to help.

UPDATE: Was speaking to my sister their are actually over 6000 photos!! Some not great due to the couple of showers that day, Each member of the camera club will be submitting 50 photos to the cork sport partnership, Otherwise she told me to let ye all know ye can mail them on bearacameraclub@gmail.com and if ye know yer numbers (some of the photos i have seen numbers are not always visible) I'm sure they will do their best to help.

thanks Denbatt, I sent an email to the Beara club and hopefully I will be able to get the photos. Dont mind paying, just would be cool and they were at a great viewing point!

thanks Denbatt, I sent an email to the Beara club and hopefully I will be able to get the photos. Dont mind paying, just would be cool and they were at a great viewing point!

Great, i hope you get sorted, i got a great pic of myself climbing the last 100m of the healy pass, i was easy to find cuz i was all in black with a rib cage print on the front and back of my jersey:D

Any chance they could just put the photos up on a site like flickr and we could scan through them ourselves?

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Any chance they could just put the photos up on a site like flickr and we could scan through them ourselves?

I know, that is what i was telling her and she is trying to push for it, but some of the camera club members lets just say are a bit old fashioned :rolleyes:, they want to sell a disk with the pictures as if someone would want loads of pictures of other people! All i can say is mail em and the more people ask the more chance ye may have of getting them on a flickeresque format.

Really sorry but thats all i can do.

I know, that is what i was telling her and she is trying to push for it, but some of the camera club members lets just say are a bit old fashioned :rolleyes:, they want to sell a disk with the pictures as if someone would want loads of pictures of other people! All i can say is mail em and the more people ask the more chance ye may have of getting them on a flickeresque format.

Really sorry but thats all i can do.

thanks denbatt anyway, I emailed last Friday so hoping to hear if they can send me the pics. Id have no problem paying and I think it was great that the club were covering the event - hope to hear something back, would be nice pic to show the family!

Load of pics gone up on the Cork Sports Partnership facebook page;

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cork-Sports-Partnership/168134863250085?ref=hl

Edit: Just looking through the pics now and have to say they are absolutely spectacular, well done to the photographers, excellent work.

Looking through them now , great photos still can't find myself though

Looking through them now , great photos still can't find myself though

same thing with me, hopefully they will put up more pictures and maybe I can convince the club to sell me the ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

same thing with me, hopefully they will put up more pictures and maybe I can convince the club to sell me the ones!
    And me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

From that Facebook link:

The Whealy Pass :cool: :eek:

420537_419312068132362_2010326189_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

From that Facebook link:

The Whealy Pass :cool: :eek:

420537_419312068132362_2010326189_n.jpg

Show off :D, i was in the Granny gear on that last stretch.

That wheelie is unreal, fair play to him, i would hate to have been going up after him ;)

wheely shmeely... but can he do this...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PVMC

Just got a nasty surprise in the post today. The boys in blue were busy on the registration night in Ballincollig for the Rebel Tour. Apparently I was doing 70km in a 50km zone on the Carrigrohane straight road (in the car:D).I know that speed limits are needed, but on a straight road at 7.30 pm:confused:.
    ps Had to have a rant don't want to start a debate:rolleyes:
    pps no problem finding my photo in this instance:eek:

wheely shmeely... but can he do this...

He'd be all day going up the Healy pass tho;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Just got an email from the Beara Camera club. They will be uploading watermarked pictures from the tour to this Facebook page very soon that were taken during the An Post Rebel Tour 2012. The images will be divided into folders according to the area that they were taken - i.e. Healy Pass, Adrigole, Caha Pass, Glengarriff, Eyeries, etc. Each will have unique IDs so high res versions can be ordered from them each for € 2.00 donations to the club.

No ETA on when they will be available but sounds like there are a lot to ID, crop, resize and upload.

they've a shot of them up from Adrigole, must have a trawl through them

http://www.facebook.com/beara.cameraclub.1#!/media/set/?set=a.103190863176427.6782.100004565407178&type=1

• Advertisement

still no sign of myself beginning to wonder did i do it :)

Advertisement