Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

I've being trying to sort my issues of not been able to make or receive calls after weeks of working perfectly and I've found out its only when I have a Vodafone sim card in phone that it won't work properly... I'm replaced sims multiple times but still have issue. I had a meteor and O2 sim in it earlier and had no problems making calls at all so Def seems like it's something to do with Vodafone, it is a pain as I'm Vodafone bill pay.. Il be ringing tech support 2mrw in hope they can find out why this is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Every time I connect the phone to the bluetooth in the car I get a message tone as if i get a message. Anyone experience this and know how to fix it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Every time I connect the phone to the bluetooth in the car I get a message tone as if i get a message. Anyone experience this and know how to fix it ?

is that the default notification sound?

perhaps its letting you know "connected"

danniemcq wrote: »
    is that the default notification sound?

perhaps its letting you know "connected"

It is letting me know that it is connected to the bluetooth but I keep thinking I'm getting a text message.
    Would like to turn of the notification or atleast change the sound. If i change the notification sound this will also change my message tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

It is letting me know that it is connected to the bluetooth but I keep thinking I'm getting a text message.
    Would like to turn of the notification or atleast change the sound. If i change the notification sound this will also change my message tone.

customise your message app,

gosms i think allow you to modify your notification tone for messages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

danniemcq wrote: »

So does the stock messaging app.

danniemI q wrote: »

Cheers, think i have it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cheers, think i have it sorted.

Can someone please explain (in words of one syllable preferably) how to change the message tone but not the email tone? I can only find a "notifications" tone option which seems to apply to both. I'd prefer to have a different tone for each. I use a gmail app that I downloaded (i think!) and the default messaging app.

Also, is it any harm that the desk clock which I use at night doesn't move around the screen? I thought that there was a risk of the screen "burning" from something being on the whole time? Or has technology moved on past that now?

As is probably obvious I'm a bit of a technophobe about these things, so any help appreciated!

I find the phone great but there's a lot of glitches with it (this is my second one, first one returned for replacement due to even more glitches). Whoever else posted about the message tone only half playing, or sometimes not at all (just about a 5 second long vibrate) - yep, have that too.

Well I use handcent sms for messaging. Much better than the stock messaging app imo.
    In handcent select settings-notification settings - notification sound.
    This will just be for text messaging and will differentiate between the two.
    Lots of tinkering with the phone to maximise its potential.
    Brilliant phone though.

With the stock messaging app it seems to be settings - Select ringtone at the bottom.

Just ordered some NFC's anyone already using these for something useful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

To add my wifi experience to the thread:
    Connected fine to the home wireless g network fine the first day, following day wouldn't work.
    Went through various solutions including:
    - reboots (of phone and router). worked once I think.
    - *#0011# to turn off wifi power save mode. didn't help
    - installed wifi fixer, worked for a while
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wahtod.wififixer&feature=search_result

- In the end, I set a static IP address for home network, which has worked fine since.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1871130

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

Suppose I'll post in here see if I can get any help.

Recently bought a Bluetooth headset for listening to my music and watching videos online. Ever thing works perfectly except whenever I connect the headphones my wifi slows to a trickle. Is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can someone please explain (in words of one syllable preferably) how to change the message tone but not the email tone? I can only find a "notifications" tone option which seems to apply to both. I'd prefer to have a different tone for each. I use a gmail app that I downloaded (i think!) and the default messaging app.

To change the default message tone (IE, receiving a Text message)
    Go into your texts and hit menu, from there hit settings and scroll down the very bottom of that page and you will see 'Select Ringtone' and your done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I'm using firefox on my s3. Found it best for browsing the boards main site rather than touch. Can anyone tell me is there a way to watch embedded youtube videos though? What is the story with pluggins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Facebook has mysteriously stopped working on my S2 native browser. I was working fine but for last few days it just contantly reloads without displaying anything when you go to the url.

What gives ? Any ideas anyone ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

My message app just stopped working on Thursday. I tried deleting messages which resulted in the phone freezing, it initially was only when a certain person texted, but this morning it was for every message. I had to stop using the stock sms app and download Go SMS instead.

How do I access the options for driving mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

How do I access the options for driving mode?

settings>language and input>text to speech output.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ro95

iphone 5 is better, worth the extra!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

ro95 wrote: »
    iphone 5 is better, worth the extra!

:confused:

how did you come to be posting here. move along...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

I got my JB na na na naaa na ..
    Im on network three

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Erper wrote: »
    I got my JB na na na naaa na ..
    Im on network three

I have the update but will wait until I'm home and use the wifi
    Any noticeable differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Before I got SGS3 I backed up contacts, messages etc with kies. But I cant figure out how to get my backed up messages onto new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Jeez, thinking of getting an S3 for my upgrade next month .... might reconsider after reading all this :(

Liamalone wrote: »
    Jeez, thinking of getting an S3 for my upgrade next month .... might reconsider after reading all this :(
    After reading which?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

After reading just the last five pages of bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Liamalone wrote: »
    After reading just the last five pages of bugs.

It's a quality phone.
    You could read pages and pages of bugs on any phone. A lot of the bugs have obviously been ironed out through updates since it was first out. I've had no problems.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I have the update but will wait until I'm home and use the wifi
    Any noticeable differences?

in notification bar now you have date/time/day
    there is also new button - blocking mode - when someone wants to call you (you can set up specific time of day so the phone automatically reject calls)
    there is 5 icons in lock screen now
    some new widgets
    google voice search (new)
    instead of 780 ram now you have 833
    and it use less ram
    battery last longer
    ive charged mine over night and its being on skype and wifi/network connection from 9- till now and still 55% of battery

New setting for Home screen mode
    and accounts like FB, samsung, skype etc are visible in settings, you dont have to search for specific location for them

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lemon_grass

Erper wrote: »
    in notification bar now you have date/time/day
    there is also new button - blocking mode - when someone wants to call you (you can set up specific time of day so the phone automatically reject calls)
    there is 5 icons in lock screen now
    some new widgets
    google voice search (new)
    instead of 780 ram now you have 833
    and it use less ram
    battery last longer
    ive charged mine over night and its being on skype and wifi/network connection from 9- till now and still 55% of battery

New setting for Home screen mode
    and accounts like FB, samsung, skype etc are visible in settings, you dont have to search for specific location for them

I hope meteor get the finger out soon. New to meteor myself, do they tend to be slow with pushing out updates?

• Advertisement

three was the first operator to receive JB...

so far i found 2 bugs...

one is response, it seems slower and laggy comparing to ICS and second is web browser, it does not remember your last page you visited

Advertisement