Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Feed LNB Setup Questions

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Cheers Peter, I'll check it out now so

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Another option is Enigma Signal Meter.

Get your Duo set up on your LAN, load a bouquet list, and then you can use the software on a laptop beside your dish as you set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

rurs wrote: »
    Another option is Enigma Signal Meter.

Get your Duo set up on your LAN, load a bouquet list, and then you can use the software on a laptop beside your dish as you set it up.

+1 on this, I've been singing the praises of this app since I came across it last year.
    I personally use it on an Android phone rather than a laptop. Much easier to use a phone out at the dish :D
    If you are using a linux box on a network, and have a smartphone(Or laptop....I suppose! haha) this is an indispensable free tool for the hobbyist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Trees could be blocking when the dish was on the roof alright, its pretty close though. There's no way they are blocking from the garden though.

That looks really useful, I'll definitely try that out. Cheers rurs and banie

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

If somebody looking for easy-to-make multifeed, there is a way how to make it from "ingredients" from any DEPO-like store. This one coasted me not more then 5 EUR. But for that money you get very dependable and user friendly construction. With that is easy to tune each LNB independently and precisely. I assembled this 80cm antenna for my parents for 4,8*E-13*E-19,2*E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

RimaNTSS wrote: »
    If somebody looking for easy-to-make multifeed, there is a way how to make it from "ingredients" from any DEPO-like store. This one coasted me not more then 5 EUR. But for that money you get very dependable and user friendly construction. With that is easy to tune each LNB independently and precisely. I assembled this 80cm antenna for my parents for 4,8*E-13*E-19,2*E.

hi

whats a depo store please?

Thanks

Iba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I guess he means a builders / plumber's / hardware type store

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

DEPO is net of shops here http://depo.lv/ they sell everything from garden stuff till some food as well. There are some shops named 1000 screws etc. Basically you need shop which sells some screws, nuts and bolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mr Guinness.

I have a vu duo in the siting room and want to put one in the kitchen.i have a free to air box in the kitchen so in order to put a vu duo (twin tuner) is it that I just run another cable from the lnb to the box?

I have a vu duo in the siting room and want to put one in the kitchen.i have a free to air box in the kitchen so in order to put a vu duo (twin tuner) is it that I just run another cable from the lnb to the box?

yes

• Advertisement

iba wrote: »
    yes

It's simple as that. Thank you

It's simple as that. Thank you

As long as your LNB is a twin

iba wrote: »
    As long as your LNB is a twin

I have the vu duo and two free to air box comming from my lnb.

If you want to use the Vu Duo as a twin tuner box in a location that already has an FTA box installed, then it is a case of just running another cable from your LNB yes.
    So given that you already have a Vu in the sitting room you'd need at least a Quad LNB to give you the required feed(which I'm assuming is what you have since you are already running 3 tuners)

banie01 wrote: »
    If you want to use the Vu Duo as a twin tuner box in a location that already has an FTA box installed, then it is a case of just running another cable from your LNB yes.
    So given that you already have a Vu in the sitting room you'd need at least a Quad LNB to give you the required feed(which I'm assuming is what you have since you are already running 3 tuners)

Ya it's a quad.do I need a f connector to screw on to the lnb?

Yes

Its a quad?
    So just lets do a quick bit of math here based on your other posts over the last few days.
    I have the vu duo and two free to air box comming from my lnb.
    So your quad already has all its outputs used! Vu Duo x2 feeds, and 2 FTA boxes with 1 feed each.
    So here we at 4 feeds, i.e a quad LNB, but you want to add a twin tuner yet you already already have 4 feeds used, so you need an Octo.
    But then you asked.
    I have a free to air box in one of the bedrooms.i want to put a sky box in do I have to get sky to install or can I do it myself i have a sky box.
    I'm going to assume thats to replace 1 of your above FTA's? So we are at 5 feeds needed now, 6 if you want Sky+ installed in the bedroom.
    My openbox will not connect to my wifi.cccam says of line.anybody know how to get it back on line.
    Is this the ''FTA'' box you are replacing? because if its not, we are up to at least 6 and possibly 7 feeds needed(depending on the bedroom box).
    So we are up to 2 Vu Duos, an Openbox, a legit Sky box(that maybe replacing the openbox?) for a minimum of 5 feeds needed and a possiblity of 7 actually needed which means your quad needs replacing with an Octo.
    Now with this number of receivers, you then ask do you need an ''F'' connector to connect to your quad LNB that you need at least 5 feeds from?
    Seriously? I'm actually wondering if this is a troll attempt at this stage given the questions being asked.
    I'm done.

Its a quad?
    So just lets do a quick bit of math here based on your other posts over the last few days.

So your quad already has all its outputs used! Vu Duo x2 feeds, and 2 FTA boxes with 1 feed each.

So here we at 4 feeds, i.e a quad LNB, but you want to add a twin tuner yet you already already have 4 feeds used, so you need an Octo.
    But then you asked.

I'm going to assume thats to replace 1 of your above FTA's? So we are at 5 feeds needed now, 6 if you want Sky+ installed in the bedroom.

Is this the ''FTA'' box you are replacing? because if its not, we are up to at least 6 and possibly 7 feeds needed(depending on the bedroom box).
    So we are up to 2 Vu Duos, an Openbox, a legit Sky box(that maybe replacing the openbox?) for a minimum of 5 feeds needed and a possiblity of 7 actually needed which means your quad needs replacing with an Octo.
    Now with this number of receivers, you then ask do you need an ''F'' connector to connect to your quad LNB that you need at least 5 feeds from?
    Seriously? I'm actually wondering if this is a troll attempt at this stage given the questions being asked.
    I'm done.

Great post Banie, so funny - I didnt know he had 200 boxes already

Its a quad?

But then you asked.

I'm done.

Ya im getting rid of the fta boxs.just a vu duo in sitting room and kitchen and that's it.

Ya im getting rid of the fta boxs.just a vu duo in sitting room and kitchen and that's it.

So on this thread yesterday evening you asked about replacing an FTA box in your Kitchen with a Vu+ Duo

Yet just a couple of hours previously you were wanting to replace an FTA box in your Bedroom with a legitimate sky box?
    I have a free to air box in one of the bedrooms.i want to put a sky box in do I have to get sky to install or can I do it myself i have a sky box.

So at my count you are planning , 2 x Twin Tuner recievers(sitting room and kitchen) and a box in the bedroom(FTA currently but considering Sky).
    You want a Sky sub to replace the FTA box in your bedroom!(which is what you said\asked about in the ''dodgy skyboxes discussion thread'')
    meaning you need at least 5 feeds(6 if you go Sky+ in the Bedroom)and that a quad LNB is no use to you in that situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement