Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Feed LNB Setup Questions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

iba wrote: »
    Excollier,

Well u figured out what I meant - your second pic is what I was getting at. (nice)

Silicone grease, thats a good idea.

I was thinking of waxing my dish with car wax - any idea if thats a good idea or not?

Regards

Iba

Not sure, but you would think so, as the water should run off the dish more quickly, I think just cleaning the dish face regularly should do it, if the dish is easy to access - mine is 4' 6" off the ground, easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

snaps wrote: »
    great value

Hi Snaps,

Yep, I think so too - especially compared to Sky for example. And Im a Man U supporter and they should at least 34 of their league matches last year. They show 2 or 3 games on a sat, 1 or 2 on a Sun and the Monday nite game. And I dont care about the language at all. The only complaint I would have, is that Xmas week their coverage was not great - dont know why - but I think I read that Sky were the same.

One point to note though, I had to buy a Cam to go with this card for my Humax STB but on my Ariva I dont need a Cam - so it all depends on ur STB.

Regards

Iba

excollier wrote: »
    Not sure, but you would think so, as the water should run off the dish more quickly, I think just cleaning the dish face regularly should do it, if the dish is easy to access - mine is 4' 6" off the ground, easy!!

Hi Excollier,

Thanks 4 ur thoughts. Mine is only a few eet up too

I know Im a pain in the ass - but can u give me a pic rom above ur LNBs - I want to c how hold ur LNB 4 16 stays in place/is held.

On another thread, I was told that my 28 and 26 were too far apart, so yesterday at last, I drilled a new hole and moved teh bar over a bit (not sure who gave me that advice, maybe u, Banie, Snaps, GBCullen (and please forgive me if ive forgotten ur name) but whoever it was, thanks a lot coz reception on 28 is so much better now - and here r some pics - just need to tidy up the cables going to my Diseqc switches now

Regards

Iba

and a few more

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

I'm interested in how you are running the cables back to the house - did you bury them in a conduit? (I'm assuming the dish is attached to a shed in the back garden?)

• Advertisement

SalteeDog wrote: »
    I'm interested in how you are running the cables back to the house - did you bury them in a conduit? (I'm assuming the dish is attached to a shed in the back garden?)

Hi Salteedog,

Yes Garden Shed.

The cables just run about 2 inches underground in a flowerbed, no conduit.

Then from the 2 diseqc switches, 1 runs into the sitting room through an air vent. And one runs into the attic (up the wall behind a drain pipe) into the attic, where it runs into a splitter sending the signal into 3 bedrooms.

Regards
    Iba

P,S. this is my 200 post, i wonder do i get an award :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

I was told that my 28 and 26 were too far apart, so yesterday at last, I drilled a new hole and moved teh bar over a bit

Pic of your previous setup [url=https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/150428/201699.JPG[/url].

Did you move the whole bar to get better reception of 13 east too, or why did you not just slide the 28 east lnb along the bar?

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Pic of your previous setup here.

Did you move the whole bar to get better reception of 13 east too, or why did you not just slide the 28 east lnb along the bar?

Hi Peter,

Couldnt increase signal strength by moving/sliding the 28 LNB. So I drilled a new hole in the bar, about an inch further a long. So i moved 3 LNBs I guess, 13, 19 and 28 (26 didnt move as its still in the center(obviously)).

Yes 13 signal is good now too. But the biggest improvement is on 28.

Cheers 4 ur help.

Regards

Iba

Couldnt increase signal strength by moving/sliding the 28 LNB. So I drilled a new hole in the bar, about an inch further a long.

Strange, I would have thought moving either the lnb or the bar would amount to the same thing.

Strange, I would have thought moving either the lnb or the bar would amount to the same thing.

Peter,

Well im no expert and cant tell u the reasons why - Ive just done what u and other guys (Banie, Snaps, Watty, GB Cullen) have suggested to me and its worked.

In this case i moved the bar.

Whats ur set-up?

Regards

Iba

• Advertisement

iba,my lnb for 16e is simply wedged between 13e and 19.2e, as I pointed out earlier in the thread, it is a slim Alps lnb between two standard lnbs, no holder at all, and they hold it, firmly, in it's place, it just popped in from above and is held tight, no movement whatsoever, a lucky discovery I'd say. It probably wouldn't work on a TD110 as the spacing will be wider.

pictures as requested

iba,my lnb for 16e is simply wedged between 13e and 19.2e, as I pointed out earlier in the thread, it is a slim Alps lnb between two standard lnbs, no holder at all, and they hold it, firmly, in it's place, it just popped in from above and is held tight, no movement whatsoever, a lucky discovery I'd say. It probably wouldn't work on a TD110 as the spacing will be wider.

pictures as requested

Excollier,

Ah ok - u got lucky i guess - i need to figure out a way to get my 26 more secure.

And thanks very much 4 the pics

Regards

Iba

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

David,

In my opinion, there is not much good stuff on 13, 16 & 19. Would you not consider 26 - there are loads of English movie stations on it - I have Sats 28, 26, 19 & 13 feeding into twin LNBs feeding into tow 4*1 Diseqc Switches.

Regards

Iba

Thanks for the input Iba. Well I want 13,16,19 for the footie so Im definitely keeping those. The contenders for that last slot are: PLTV - 10E, saorsat - 9E, or what you reccomended, 26.

I never knew there was anything of interest on 26, thanks for the heads up. How many movies would they show? Are they relatively new?

Yeah, that Cyfra card is great value for money. I'm man united fan aswell, so that would be perfect. The rest of the family wouldn't like the lack of English commentary, but its better than having no reception of those games. And at that price it'd be rude not to get it!

Re. 26 east, the channels of interest would seem to be the MBCs & Dubai One. You can see the MBC schedules here, Dubai One on this site (also has MBC & others).

From my own (very) brief acquaintance with these channels, I would sum them up as being like a few extra Film 4s & Five USAs with Arabic subtitles.

Useful enough I suppose, but you'd need your dish aligned on 26 east, so probably not worth compromising the rest of your sat. positions.

Re 26e, would a 1.2m dish suffice in Donegal? That is with 26e on centre focus, and what channels carry the football? My friend loves the football (premiership)
    I am watching the Moto GP ftrom Assen live as I write this, fast an exciting stuff!

Badr 4 is the only satellite at 26E receivable in Ireland & there's no Premiership football on it.

Thanks for the input Iba. Well I want 13,16,19 for the footie so Im definitely keeping those. The contenders for that last slot are: PLTV - 10E, saorsat - 9E, or what you reccomended, 26.

I never knew there was anything of interest on 26, thanks for the heads up. How many movies would they show? Are they relatively new?

Yeah, that Cyfra card is great value for money. I'm man united fan aswell, so that would be perfect. The rest of the family wouldn't like the lack of English commentary, but its better than having no reception of those games. And at that price it'd be rude not to get it!

Daviddom,

Loads o movied on Badr 26 - stations like MBC and Dubai 1 - they have recent movies and show movies non-stop all day - they also get the movies quicker than the likes of RTE and BBC etc

The Cyra card works on Hotbird 13 - u can always listen to the commentary on the radio - Im used to it now and really dont care less about the commentary.

Also u can get Al-Jazeera sports and Dubai sports on Badr - some Al-Jazeera channels r free and others u can get a card for.

Regards

Iba

Re 26e, would a 1.2m dish suffice in Donegal? That is with 26e on centre focus, and what channels carry the football? My friend loves the football (premiership)
    I am watching the Moto GP ftrom Assen live as I write this, fast an exciting stuff!

Excollier,

I think u need a 1.1m dish.

26 dosent show premiership football but they have other sport on Al-Jazeera and Dubai sports.

I use Hotbird for my premiership footie.

Regards

Iba

Re. 26 east, the channels of interest would seem to be the MBCs & Dubai One. You can see the MBC schedules here, Dubai One on this site (also has MBC & others).

From my own (very) brief acquaintance with these channels, I would sum them up as being like a few extra Film 4s & Five USAs with Arabic subtitles.

Useful enough I suppose, but you'd need your dish aligned on 26 east, so probably not worth compromising the rest of your sat. positions.

Hi Peter,

Im sorry but I have to disagree a little bit with you. IMO I think the movies on MBC 2, MBC Action, MBC4, MBC Max and Dubai 1 are all very good.

Regards

Iba

Re 26e, would a 1.2m dish suffice in Donegal?

Would seem to suggest so here (maybe that's where you got the figure?).
    Also u can get Al-Jazeera sports and Dubai sports on Badr - some Al-Jazeera channels r free and others u can get a card for.

The subscription sports channels are on Badr 6.

• Advertisement

Would seem to suggest so here (maybe that's where you got the figure?).

The subscription sports channels are on Badr 6.

Peter,

Ur right, my bad :)

Regards

Iba

I'm ordering all the equipment now.

There will be 5 lnb's going into my diseqc switch

Does anyone know if I can use a 4x1 diseqc and a 2x1 diseqc , or would I need a 8x1 diseqc?

I'd like to get away with a 4x1 and a 2x1, as the only place I can order a 8x1 is from China which would take 3-4 weeks to arrive, and I'd like to get everything as quickly as I can

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

the only place I can order a 8x1 is from China
    Are you serious? Internet is full of SAT-equipment and not only from China, look in e-bay. I am pretty sure that not far from you even some usual shops and flea-markets which sell all that stuff.
    If you are ready to handle shipping coasts I can mail some diseqc to you. If you plan to have 5 LNBs on one antenna then is better to use 1/8 or 1/10 Disegc without any cascading.

I ordered a 8x1 off ebay from China there. It has exipited shipping so it shouldnt take too long.

Cheers for the offer RimaNTSS, but its sorted now. Its very hard to come across an 8x1 disecq switch for a reasonable price, unless its bought from china on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I ordered a 8x1 off ebay from China there. It has exipited shipping so it shouldnt take too long.

Cheers for the offer RimaNTSS, but its sorted now. Its very hard to come across an 8x1 disecq switch for a reasonable price, unless its bought from china on ebay.
    You can get decent 10 way switches off German sites for under 15 euro a piece and the delivery is only 12 euro ,perfect if you are buying a few bits and pieces.
    I've seen one Irish satellite shops selling the exact same switch for 40 euro !

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭t c

t c wrote: »
    For 40 euro ;) just as I stated in my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭t c

as the only place I can order a 8x1 is from China which would take 3-4 weeks to arrive, and I'd like to get everything as quickly as I can

Relax Zardoz, never said you were wrong.........:confused:

Just letting Davidom2513 know that there is somewhere local to get switches.
    Only €13 in difference and on his doorstep, (compared to China!) and if there is a problem........well..........;)

I ordered everything off www.hm-sat-shop.de, and I got the 8x1 diseqc from china on ebay for €12 delivered with exibited shipping so I'm happy with that. So worked out €18 cheaper than satworld.ie then.

It was the shipping time that I was most concerned about, and €12 with exibited shiping is a bargain.

Cheers for the heads up on the other shops anyway, but hopefully I wont have a problem with the chinese diseqc, and I wont need to use those shops :pac:

• Advertisement

I ordered everything off www.hm-sat-shop.de, and I got the 8x1 diseqc from china on ebay for €12 delivered with exibited shipping so I'm happy with that. So worked out €18 cheaper than satworld.ie then.

It was the shipping time that I was most concerned about, and €12 with exibited shiping is a bargain.

Cheers for the heads up on the other shops anyway, but hopefully I wont have a problem with the chinese diseqc, and I wont need to use those shops :pac:
    hm-sat are excellent ,I bought my T90 dish off them .
    Did you go for the 1m Gibertini dish in the end ?

Advertisement