Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analogue Switch Off - 24/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

Wow, that was so underwhemling. A mouse click? Really?

I even counted down when she said "20 seconds to go" and we both reached 10 at the same time, then she jumped from 9 to 6 to 5 quite quickly, so it actually was a few seconds before 10:00am... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Worst countdown ever! 10 8 4 6 *click*

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭marclt

Not sure why she's doing all of the interviews with notables now... I guess it's the digital future we're all about now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

kippure gone too

I wonder how many people didnt change over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Finally!

I tuned my TV to the Analogue signal just to see it die :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Watching on Three Rock and saw the blue screens in their control room before signal cut out .

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭formerly scottish paddy

mouse click :(

wanted big sparks switch

That's the modern world........everything is a mouse click :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

I hope the stuff ther are showing now isnt a sign of things to come :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

SPDUB wrote: »
    Watching on Three Rock and saw the blue screens in their control room before signal cut out .
    same on Kippure VHF

• Registered Users Posts: 34,347 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

RTE1 Kippure lasted about 2 seconds after the analogue screens next to Miriam went blank, froze for half a second, then gone...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Mary Kennedy tweaking Pat Rabbitte's ears.

Now there's a sight worth seeing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

If your screen is dead, you're seriously pissed off and you think it's all the government's fault for not helping you more the number you need is 1850 715 815 and ask to "Talk to Joe"

If you think it's all the fault of a conspiracy between Nigerian Immigrants, the Trokia and the Bilderburgs phone 01 4255 444 and ask for David ;)

Oh Lunchtime will be comical I'll be flicking between Radio1 and 4fm like a kid at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

anyone any idea why i cant get irish stations on saorview box. live in balbriggan. tuned in the box this morning and getting bbcs itvs c4 c5 e4 but no rtes! not that im complaing too much but was all set for just gettin rtes and nothing else!!

Just checked on RTE on Analogue UPC and Aertel is still working and according to that page will continue working for Sky viewers .

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭roverdublin

Here in Donnybrook/Dublin the Three Rock Signal just went on the dot.
    Just recorded the last analogue minutes.....:)
    I wonder when we will turn of the Digital signal ..... that will happen one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Can't you just see all the old biddies around the country, repeatedly slapping the top of the TV, with a confused look on their faces?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Just checked on RTE on Analogue UPC and Aertel is still working and according to that page will continue working for Sky viewers .
    Out of interest, is it just aertel or has the analogue service continued on analogue UPC? My other half was adamant the analogue service in his home bedroom would continue via UPC, but I have my doubts

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Live in Armagh City, was getting a bril digital picture from the south on 815 and up, and a poorish picture on 800 and up. I've retuned this morning and on my Sony Bravia TV RTE digital) has completly gone 800 says poor picture quality and doesn't show anything, 815 has a radio station instead.

Watch it via my Humax Fox t2 box and the 815 have completely gone and the 800 station is unwatchable.

I thought the idea was to broadcast a stronger signal into the north! My aerial points in the Monaghan direction.

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Out of interest, is it just aertel or has the analogue service continued on analogue UPC? My other half was adamant the analogue service in his home bedroom would continue via UPC, but I have my doubts

For at least the last two weeks UPC has been scrolling a message across the RTE channels on analogue that these channels would be staying on air and would you like to upgrade anyway

......................................me feckin tv's not workin :mad:

• Advertisement

kah22 wrote: »
    Live in Armagh City, was getting a bril digital picture from the south on 815 and up, and a poorish picture on 800 and up. I've retuned this morning and on my Sony Bravia TV RTE digital) has completly gone 800 says poor picture quality and doesn't show anything, 815 has a radio station instead.

Watch it via my Humax Fox t2 box and the 815 have completely gone and the 800 station is unwatchable.

I thought the idea was to broadcast a stronger signal into the north! My aerial points in the Monaghan direction.

Power up on some DTT transmitters is later on, 1:00pm for Clermont Carn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

So how's that possible? Unless MO'C didn't actually turn anything off apart from the monitors in the control room.

Richard wrote: »
    So how's that possible? Unless MO'C didn't actually turn anything off apart from the monitors in the control room.
    Frame stores.

Have all transmitters actually gone off or is there still a carrier there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sad day, you just know there are probably hundreds of pensioners out there that didnt get this sorted and now are wondering what to do, Ive sorted out 4 different elderly neighbors with the same model 22" LG from Power City, nice and simple controls, great picture and no messing around with 2 remotes, could have done it cheaper with a saorview box but I wouldnt have even bothered trying to explain putting their old tv on AV or anything like that, thats why I didnt agree with the government pushing the boxes on elderly people instead of a new tv, a lot of pensioners just wont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Allready had a call from a woman saying her tv or aerial is broken, she was watching tv and half an hour ago she lost the picture on all her 4 channels!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Odd.. I was able to watch them turn off Analogue TV on Analogue TV. My signal lasted nearly 30s after the monitors in RTE went to "snow" when they counted down and said "off"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Richard wrote: »

I recon that's it. She messed up the countdown and pressed the mouse 2 seconds early. I imagine the transmitters were timed to go off even if she hadn't pressed the mouse. Typical fudge by engineers.

I was watching Kippure VHF, it stayed on for about 2-3 seconds after the screens went blue in the control room, after that the carrier was lost (black screen) for about one second and then the TX switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Signal Gone on Digital Stations from 3Rock...or is my Saorview Box kaput?

Advertisement