Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

Islander13 wrote: »
    Word is that Stephen Hester is finally in Ireland

Jim Brown to "pursue other opportunities" in 3...2...1... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Lets just say there was a conference call for UB staff tonight. Not much progress over weekend apparently and staff were informed he was in town. Looks like we could be another week before resolution

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

90e has arrived to my account for no apparent reason, been with UB for a year and a half and not once has that happened.

What are they doing over t Ulster Bank I ask you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭phormium

Was the conference call just senior level staff or all staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 59,564 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Ulster Bank will need to think twice about reintroducing bank charges after this (read recently that it looked like it was on the cards for later this year).
    Free banking is the sole reason I'd stay with them after this debacle- I've a LOT of payments due on 7th July (they'll probably come out on the 9th this month) and will be an extremely unhappy camper if the problem isn't resolved by then. Neither my monthly salary nor my spouse's fortnightly salary are credited; a lodgement I made on June 21st (possibly June 22nd) hasn't been credited. An online credit card payment (UB issued card so it's a transfer from current account to credit card account) hasn't been debited or credited either.

• Advertisement

Immediate start? :P

http://imgur.com/7vmMx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

phormium wrote: »
    Was the conference call just senior level staff or all staff?

Manager level plus - so not too senior

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

Lets just say there was a conference call for UB staff tonight. Not much progress over weekend apparently and staff were informed he was in town. Looks like we could be another week before resolution

And was there anything else said in this call? or just a "hey guys,act busy,the boss is in town".
    Surely a conference call between management would reveal more about the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

ulster bank need to reveal what is happening and be more helpful. I took out 140 euro out of my account, when i didnt even have that much in the account at the time, i was able to take it out because they cant check the balance, but i dont know what they will do if they cant get the system up properly. i know i will have to pay the money back but they didnt even give me a receipt for the transaction. makes me wonder though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

freeq wrote: »
    We also have our savings with UB and all of these glitches have affected us massively. We were just about to close the purchase of our new house and unfortunately our mortgage is through Ulster Bank so despite the fact that Solicitors have requested loan funds two weeks ago we were then told there will be delay until systems are fully operational on Friday 29th June (as expected back then). Mortgage offer was due to expire this week so they have rang me and kindly extended it for two more weeks. It goes to show you that they don't really know when their systems are operational again.

We are currently renting so had to talk to the Agent to extend our lease for a week or so extra as we previously gave them a notice we would be out by June 30th. They agreed that we stay until the 10th July but this means we can stay in the apt but have to pay extra rent now which we haven't really prepared for.
    If this wasnt enough, I was due my 5 week month salary in my account on Friday but it's nowhere to be seen yet...

You should make a claim for all your extra expenditure when all thi smess is over. Keep records of it all - extra rent etc. You should get it all back.

See http://www.moneyguideireland.com/ulster-bank-compensation-and-redress.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

silentbang wrote: »
    And was there anything else said in this call? or just a "hey guys,act busy,the boss is in town".
    Surely a conference call between management would reveal more about the situation?

Don't actually work at UB so wasn't on it myself. Details were passed by a friend who I trust. Was a scheduled call to make staff aware of progress or lack thereof. Three main outcomes from it

1. No tangible progress
    2. Hester in town
    3. Communications are to improve and be more transparent

We shall see

Don't know much more than that but if I hear anything I'll let you know

ulster bank need to reveal what is happening and be more helpful. I took out 140 euro out of my account, when i didnt even have that much in the account at the time, i was able to take it out because they cant check the balance, but i dont know what they will do if they cant get the system up properly. i know i will have to pay the money back but they didnt even give me a receipt for the transaction. makes me wonder though

I was the same, im with the bank 5 weeks, only started job 4 weeks ago,first week only worked 2 days so my account only showed that i was paid once the sum of 250 euro, the teller could give me upto 1000 euro, based on that? and my balance was only 4 euro? I even said this to her and she said it was fine how much did i need.
    I only took out 250 euro.
    But how do they know if im really waiting on wages? They dont! Thats why this will get crazy before it gets better.

Completely agree on the more transparency thing.

You make an interesting point regarding receipts. I took money out three times last week: the first time I was given a receipt; the middle time nothing; the third time the lady wrote the amount I took out on the printout of my payslip and stamped it, then gave it back to me.

I did notice all three used the same receipt-type book thingy though (I mean the same size/design) and I signed something in all three cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Coriander

This has probably been asked and answered before but I'm just too frustrated at this stage to go back through 117 pages of the thread - if I lodge cash to my UB current account will I be able to use my debit card again? All I can see online is an incorrect overdrawn balance amount since my salary went walkabout on June 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

But how do they know if im really waiting on wages? They dont! Thats why this will get crazy before it gets better.

Consumer Associations in the North even had to release a press release asking people to have some restraint taking out money they know they don't have.

They are presently giving out loans without any signed agreements on how it will be returned. What else could we expect them to do though? It would be difficult to turn around a credit agreement/I.O.U system so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Tow

Coriander wrote: »
    if I lodge cash to my UB current account will I be able to use my debit card again?.

No, it will just join the two week backlog.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

This has probably been asked and answered before but I'm just too frustrated at this stage to go back through 117 pages of the thread - if I lodge cash to my UB current account will I be able to use my debit card again? All I can see online is an incorrect overdrawn balance amount since my salary went walkabout on June 22nd.
    Not a hope . Lodgements are not being processed. Keep your money. Lucky to have it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I have had no wages in 2 weeks.

i complained that I can not just nip out to the bank with a bunch of children on hols and no car. 20 euro return with a taxi.

They have offered to pay the taxi costs.

Still. I need my wages after 2 weeks.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

No, I lodged cash over the counter several times. 1st lodgement on 20th still not gone through, so its pointless.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Consumer Associations in the North even had to release a press release asking people to have some restraint taking out money they know they don't have.

They are presently giving out loans without any signed agreements on how it will be returned. What else could we expect them to do though? It would be difficult to turn around a credit agreement/I.O.U system so fast.

Yeah thats how i was looking at it, they are just handing out loans...they dont have to worry about me, but there must be a fair amount of people just chancing their arm and people who maybe havent used the bank in a while taking money out with no intention of paying it back.
    Also whats to stop me going down again every day this week and taking out money by just telling them im owed wages, because as iv said in other posts i was never asked for a payslip,wasnt mentioned at all infact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

No doubt he will be rolled out to the media and they will all cow down to the almighty man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Yeah thats how i was looking at it, they are just handing out loans...they dont have to worry about me, but there must be a fair amount of people just chancing their arm and people who maybe havent used the bank in a while taking money out with no intention of paying it back.
    Also whats to stop me going down again every day this week and taking out money by just telling them im owed wages, because as iv said in other posts i was never asked for a payslip,wasnt mentioned at all infact.

Trying to pull one over on a major bank will end in tears only for one individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Coriander

No, I lodged cash over the counter several times. 1st lodgement on 20th still not gone through, so its pointless.
    Can't thank through normal channels being a newbie - good (and bad!!!) to know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

km79 wrote: »
    Direct debit to 3 for phone bill was due on 25th. Checked 3 account and it has been paid.
    My dd for 3 was cleared on 29th. Not showing on UB site but my on line 3 account shows as paid. Called three today and they said the dd has gone through.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Trying to pull one over on a major bank will end in tears only for one individual.

It was just a what-if, i understand its against the law and likely to be caught but doesnt mean people wont try it... guys make a living out of robbing banks, they must be wetting themselves this week because UB are handing money out.
    Just saying because what will UB do if people have overdrawn on their accounts? Messy times ahead for UB

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

Is anyone able to pull up a statement of transactions via banking online other than the last few entries on the initial login page?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Think I'll give it a try anyway or else get an ATM card from one of the other banks (after I finish queuing in the motor tax office to pay the car tax that I usually pay online!)

I feel your pain I had to do that last week as well. NOT fun at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

mobpd wrote: »
    Is anyone able to pull up a statement of transactions via banking online other than the last few entries on the initial login page?
    No only mini statement

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

RBS boss meeting with Central Bank tomorrow morning along with regulator Matthew Elderfield.
    This is a biggie, make no mistake.

Will probably get some waffle thrown out , " rest assured we are looking to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, we apologise to our customers and will make sure no one is out of pocket ...."

The regulator will do as the bank tells them and accept their assurances.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭bon ami

Would it be too much to ask for my " relationship" manager to be proactive and contact me. I have now been on to the call centre 5 times and each time get different information. Does anyone in ulster bank know what is happening.

I do not know about everybody else but in my relationships I like to be kissed before I am screwed!

By the way I look forward to when if ev thiis problem is sorted and I ring ulster bank to tellthen - I have a slight software problem which has delayed a lodgement going through it won't show in my account for 11 days but would you still honour the payments I have made as I will have the problem sorted within 5 days er 7 days er 10 days 13 days etc etc etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement