Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

As soon as they are up to date I am gone. No sign of wages that was to be paid in on the 25th. No Idea if my mortgage was paid, DD's. I have an account set up and ready to go with another bank. I have worked in IT all my life for several companies and this would never be acceptable. It's time for UB to go for a plan B if they have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

crazygeryy wrote: »
    How are all these dd s being paid out if the wages aren't in the accounts?or is it just that we can't see the wages when we log in?

I had one DD due out the 22nd, not reflected in my account at all but the 3 website says it's been paid. My wages-less balance wouldn't be enough to cover it, so can only assume they're being 'forced through'?

I just read on their website that in many cases ub will pay the dd on customers behalf until things are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I am still waiting on fis from the 21st and 28th and wages for the 22nd and
    29th also waiting on a refund from tesco. I assume there will be no childrens allowance in either.

I wasnt planning on moving bank now i feel i have too just because of the lies and how long its taking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

UB are still saying that they do not not expect to be fully operational by Monday July 2nd. It's interesting that they haven't given any indication since that back pedal to when they will.

I'll be waiting with bated breath to see what crap they will spin us tomorrow

I'd much prefer they didn't list another date that they'll miss. Give updates on when they know certain things would be fixed.

They haven't publicly said anything about standing orders, if they will be or have been paid. I'm sure lots of people pay rent out this way. The fact that they can't say either is worse. If I knew it hadn't been paid, I'd go grab the cash and pay the landlord, 10 days interest on a mortgage does start to add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

danois wrote: »
    I am still waiting on fis from the 21st and 28th and wages for the 22nd and
    29th also waiting on a refund from tesco. I assume there will be no childrens allowance in either.

I wasnt planning on moving bank now i feel i have too just because of the lies and how long its taking

yeah, if everything is not in order by next Friday then Ill be switching. And I think thats being EXTREMELY patient!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

Guys!!!!!

Something is seriously wrong :(

I know people have posted about getting random denominations of money into their account.

Today I check I got 90e out of nowhere

910 checked on friday night today 1000, and something cents

checked mini statement still nothing.

what are they doing???

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

I see a SO has come out of my acc today dated 22nd june, should have been 20th.
    Its a scheduled transfer from my ub current acc to a ub savings acc
    My current account is now overdrawn but the money is not gone into my savings. Thats an internal transfer deducted but not credited.
    P.s no wages for two weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

if this is an i t blunder, why is it taking so long to fix it, i would have expected a forty eight hour turn around, so what is it,

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

yeah, id have to second that.

my uncle who is on welfare went in with id. the woman at the counter told him that there was no money in his account so he would not be able to make a withdrawl. he then went home and successfully spent 65 euros online with the same account.

it seems that not all branches are playing to the same tune....

Well as i said its an update of my situation, i was sitting home reading this thread all week,broke and thinking i couldnt get money, when actually i could.
    I get your point yeah of course every branch is different but as i say in Drogheda they seem only to happy to help, i guess what im saying is dont take what others on here are saying as gospel because as you say each case is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

No changes to my account yet today. Baffled.
    Where's the credits lads?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

Have they provided any technical explanation yet as to why Ulster Bank is taking so much longer than RBS and Natwest? If it was simply a managerial decision just to prioritise the bigger UK banks, they need to do some serious justifying to Ulster Bank customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

Payday breaks up my working week, and gives me something to look forward to. Suffice to say, The last two weeks have been really difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Mystery €210 showed up in my account this morning. I think they charged me twice for some things and have finally credited me for these extra charges. Still afraid to spend it though in case it disappears again!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

deadduck wrote: »
    Mystery €210 showed up in my account this morning. I think they charged me twice for some things and have finally credited me for these extra charges. Still afraid to spend it though in case it disappears again!

same here got 90e today got 5e during the week cannot for the life of me understand where it's coming from, just give me my wages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

For people who are missing two weeks wages at this stage, walk into Bank of Ireland or AIB with ID and proof of address (check the requirements) and open an account. Then speak to your employer about switiching your wages.

Don't miss a third week.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

unkel wrote: »
    That scares me. That's very likely a human error. If so it would mean that RBS are entering all (credit) transactions manually :eek: :eek: :eek:

I haven't had any credits in the last 2 weeks and several of my debits have been duplicated (going out twice) but I've been fairly laid back over this until now.

Just think about it logically: rolling back batch updates, or redoing them or any sort of automated reconciliation process doesn't take 10 days or whatever it has been. As horrifically improbable as it sounds, I believe they can only be entering all transactional data manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

For people who are missing two weeks wages at this stage, walk into Bank of Ireland or AIB with ID and proof of address (check the requirements) and open an account. Then speak to your employer about switiching your wages.

Don't miss a third week.

Im doing this.
    Not missing wages, but at this stage I cant risk a problem with getting money when I go on holidays in a couple of weeks.
    Im just gonna have to open a new account somewhere else and close the UB one. Enough is enough. Not worth the risk anymore.

Don't miss a third week.

Not as simple as that when u have a mortgage with the muppets.

You can pay your ulsterbank mortgage from another account

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

On something I read on this thread I checked

Two Meteor Mobile Accounts
    One Vodafone Home Account

BOTH say PAID

Nothing has left my account. My balance does not reflect 4 missing wages(2 people)

• Advertisement

Caseywhale wrote: »

You can pay your ulsterbank mortgage from another account

And loose the tracker mortgage I have ? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

have they increased your TRS since the Budget? im still wating 7 months on...

Why would you lose the tracker?
    You leave the mortgage with UB. You just pay it from a different bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

It must be nearly the time that Ulster bank charge interest and fees. That'll be interesting to say the least. It's a pity that Alan Turing, the enigma codebreaker is dead. It's going to take someone of that level, to figure out what the charges should be.

Caseywhale wrote: »

Why would you lose the tracker?
    You leave the mortgage with UB. You just pay it from a different bank.

Yea I read your post wrong sorry.being hungover does that to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

hrm 1400 euro showed up in my account better not spend any in case they take it all back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

bizmark wrote: »
    hrm 1400 euro showed up in my account better not spend any in case they take it all back

Was that money you were due?

bizmark wrote: »

If I were you I would spend it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Ally Dick wrote: »
    It must be nearly the time that Ulster bank charge interest and fees. That'll be interesting to say the least. It's a pity that Alan Turing, the enigma codebreaker is dead. It's going to take someone of that level, to figure out what the charges should be.

They would be signing their own death warrant if they introduced charges for day to day banking in the near future...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They would be signing their own death warrant if they introduced charges for day to day banking in the near future...

Does nobody pay fees ? Interest will automatically accumulate on accounts that are overdrawn unless they waive it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement