Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

danois wrote: »
    yesterday i had €4.06 in my account. Today 2 standing orders from the 22nd totaling €65 have come off my account one for aib one for credit union. Now my account says I have -€34.96. The money that was to transfer to aib isnt showing up there yet.

same here- weekly standing order taken (22/06 - posted overnight), no salary, no any other credits... Standing order above was for savings, and that money is now gone, too
    That standing order was actually cancelled, as i wanted to avoid paying it due to their problems, but it came back as active, and i can't cancel it because it says the payment due day is to soon???

Only movement i can see are debits anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

i just noticed that shoping that I had delivered on the 21st is not showing on my account. The thing is if tesco delivered the shopping that means they must of been paid doesnt it? I would surely have heard from them by now if the money bounced back??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

i just noticed that shoping that I had delivered on the 21st is not showing on my account. The thing is if tesco delivered the shopping that means they must of been paid doesnt it? I would surely have heard from them by now if the money bounced back??

yeah, its been paid.

debits from cash in your account prior to the crash seem to be working grand. its all the other stuff, lodgements, transfers, salaries, DD's etc that are the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Likewise here as others, just logged on today and of course all of the DEBITS on the account are done, and we are not in minus figures, but yet my wages for the past two weeks don't show up. Really maddens me now, so ridiculous they'd do debits before credits given how stuck some people are for cash.
    Can't understand for a second why they wouldn't do transactions in the order they should appear on your account, suppose this will make it harder for us to go back and make sure all transactions are in order, so they want to confuse us.

Bloody infuriating, I haven't so much as given out to a member of UB staff over this all I have done is rang the local branch to ask if I could go ahead and continue using my debit card, which I didn't end up doing as I didn't even want to trust them with the transactions, so cashed husband's payslip instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,897 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Jet Black wrote: »
    My account was credited. Unfortunately the decimal point is in the wrong place meaning 99% of my wages is still missing.

That scares me. That's very likely a human error. If so it would mean that RBS are entering all (credit) transactions manually :eek: :eek: :eek:

I haven't had any credits in the last 2 weeks and several of my debits have been duplicated (going out twice) but I've been fairly laid back over this until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

SSFG wrote: »

Bloody infuriating, I haven't so much as given out to a member of UB staff over this all I have done is rang the local branch to ask if I could go ahead and continue using my debit card, which I didn't end up doing as I didn't even want to trust them with the transactions, so cashed husband's payslip instead.

I stupidly asked them the same thing as i had 300ish in the account and was told that yes it will all work perfectly with money that was already in. stupidly i believed them and now im seeing that wasnt true that not one pos sale is showing up my tesco online is not showin up but any withdrawals at atm are. I am pretty sure I must of spent over the 300 now even tho i didnt want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bsj

Maybe just a small glimmer of hope, myself and daughter both with UB, daughter gets paid weekly, past 2 Thursdays no pay, she says this morning her balance has increased by the amount of one weeks wages, so maybe they are working through it.
    My monthly salary didn't show this Tuesday, and no direct debits have gone out.
    I was checking the situation in Ulster Bank in the north and they are being told that direct debits are still being paid, just not showing on accounts, hope it's the case here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I stupidly asked them the same thing as i had 300ish in the account and was told that yes it will all work perfectly with money that was already in. stupidly i believed them and now im seeing that wasnt true that not one pos sale is showing up my tesco online is not showin up but any withdrawals at atm are. I am pretty sure I must of spent over the 300 now even tho i didnt want to.

Yeah that's why I didn't want to use the debit card, so the first week it happened I took cash out just to cover us for the weekend, duh, thought it would be sorted. Then last week got hubby's payslip and cashed the lot, no way are UB getting it unless they sort themselves out. Idiotic.

Just after checking, my account has been credited with a mystery 85 euros?????

I have no idea wha that is because I am due far more than that.

Seriously worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

Update on my situation, im still waiting on 2 weeks wages, however, yesterday morning (Saturday) i called into my local branch.

At counter i just explained that 2 weeks wages are missing and the teller just said "ok how much do you need"..... i only joined 4 weeks ago and the only record she could see was one weeks wages going in from my first week were i only worked 2 days (250 euro).My balance is 4 euro and based on that she was prepared to give me upto 1000 euro just on my word that im waiting for 2 weeks wages!!
    She just took the number of my passport and i signed a manual withdrawal slip.
    She said when the systems are back working fully and my wages come in,they will work out the balance and update my account.
    So they seem to be doing all they can to help customers,as i say i could have got 1000 based on my word alone and I WAS NOT ASKED FOR A PAYSLIP,so if people are waiting because they dont have a payslip dont bother UB will still help you out.

***Note***
    Anyone waiting on or thinking they cant get money without a payslip YOU DONT NEED A PAYSLIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

silentbang wrote: »
    Update on my situation, im still waiting on 2 weeks wages, however, yesterday morning (Saturday) i called into my local branch.

At counter i just explained that 2 weeks wages are missing and the teller just said "ok how much do you need"..... i only joined 4 weeks ago and the only record she could see was one weeks wages going in from my first week were i only worked 2 days (250 euro).My balance is 4 euro and based on that she was prepared to give me upto 1000 euro just on my word that im waiting for 2 weeks wages!!
    She just took the number of my passport and i signed a manual withdrawal slip.
    She said when the systems are back working fully and my wages come in,they will work out the balance and update my account.
    So they seem to be doing all they can to help customers,as i say i could have got 1000 based on my word alone and I WAS NOT ASKED FOR A PAYSLIP,so if people are waiting because they dont have a payslip dont bother UB will still help you out.

***Note***
    Anyone waiting on or thinking they cant get money without a payslip YOU DONT NEED A PAYSLIP.

I would not advise that to people as different branch, different rules i guess so somewhere else they would givu u nothing without payslip

themiso wrote: »
    I would not advise that to people as different branch, different rules i guess so somewhere else they would givu u nothing without payslip

yeah, id have to second that.

my uncle who is on welfare went in with id. the woman at the counter told him that there was no money in his account so he would not be able to make a withdrawl. he then went home and successfully spent 65 euros online with the same account.

it seems that not all branches are playing to the same tune....

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

As an ex banker, I've watched all this with great interest and heres my take on the various issues.

1. If UB have taken to bouncing clients DD's because of 'insufficient funds' prior to dealing with the mountain of unprocessed credits to clients accounts, then every solicitor in Ireland must be seeing € signs in front of their eyes. If a UB customer has a DD bounced because their pay had not hit due to bank error, then they have every reason to sue the bank. Defamation of Character springs to mind, I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons to sue.

2. As credits made on the 21st June seem to the crux of the problem, it looks like the data was wiped and the only way UB can restore the situation is to ask EVERY bank that sent out payments around that time to readvise the details so UB can reconstruct the payments.

3. I've seen some high level incompetency in my time, but this beats it all.
    Lying through their teeth to buy a bit more time is a bad idea. UB clients would far prefer to hear the truth, even though it might not be what they want to hear. This creeping deadline day routine is only making people more angry, and I think that UB branches will notice a considerably more agitated and angry customer this coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Something definitely weird is going on. Just checked my account and there is about €250 more than yesterday there. I get an error message when trying to view a statement so have no idea where this has come from. My monthly salary (due last Thursday) still isn't lodged.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can I remind folks that deleted posts are deleted for a reason. Further discussion of said posts is off topic.

I've has to delete a slew of posts (again) as folks can't resist the urge to derail the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yoganmahew

Domhnall66 wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I have no brief for, affiliation with and to my knowledge do not know anyone working for them but there is also RaboBank. Only mentioning because a) I am thinking of them myself and b) I know two people here in Dublin (colleagues) who bank with them and report themselves very satisfied.

One downside is they have no phyisical branches in Ireland so you've to mail everything to set it up (I looked into this before UB had their meltdown) but after that it is all electronic.

Just mentioning as lots of people seem to feel that AIB/BoI/PTSB are the only other games in town and they aren't.

[EDIT: to the question I think RB have the highest credit rating possible, "AAA" or whatever but don't take my word for it/i might be wrong - double check that is what I am saying]
    Unfortunately, you need an Irish bank account also as Rabo do not provide a full banking service. At least, that is how it used to be, I haven't heard that it has changed.

edit: already answered and ack'd - sorry for the dupe reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Supercell wrote: »
    Something definitely weird is going on. Just checked my account and there is about €250 more than yesterday there. I get an error message when trying to view a statement so have no idea where this has come from. My monthly salary (due last Thursday) still isn't lodged.

Same with me mate, my bank is BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

UB are still saying that they do not not expect to be fully operational by Monday July 2nd. It's interesting that they haven't given any indication since that back pedal to when they will.

I'll be waiting with bated breath to see what crap they will spin us tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's unlikely you'll be stung for charges by other banks. However, keep a close eye on charges raised by utility companies.

I'd feel sorry for anyone dealing with overseas payments. A lot of suppliers would be far from understanding about this.

A friend of mine was trying to explain this situation to a supplier in the states who immediately assumed this was because Ireland's economy had collapsed!

This may be a British bank and a British IT cockup but given the already shakey reputation of Irish banks it will undoubtedly get misrepresented as indicative of Ireland's economic crisis and do more damage to our image abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

to direct debits ... I have DD with vodafone and when I log in to vodafone it says :
    Recent Account Payments
    Jun 25 €93.00

and current balance (vodafone) : 0

so I guess DD are working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 garys

Supercell wrote: »

i got €120 more than yesterday... took it all out using an ATM, practically have a zero balance, hope I don't incur charges....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

themiso wrote: »
    to direct debits ... I have DD with vodafone and when I log in to vodafone it says :
    Recent Account Payments
    Jun 25 €93.00

and current balance (vodafone) : 0

so I guess DD are working
    just checked my bord gais account and €577 was paid to them on 20 june, this has not shown on my ub statement yet

also its a pain in the butt logging into my ub account with the codes and pins etc:mad:

whelan1 wrote: »
    also its a pain in the butt logging into my ub account with the codes and pins etc:mad:

those codes and pins protect you from potential fraud. im not sure why youre complaining about that??

those codes and pins protect you from potential fraud. im not sure why youre complaining about that??
    logging in numerous times to see if theres any updates, when you should only have to do it once a day, i fully understand why they are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Seems they are making some progress my accounts seem to be up date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

How are all these dd s being paid out if the wages aren't in the accounts?or is it just that we can't see the wages when we log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 teddy6

WTF. Exactly €23 was credited to my account which I was not due. Bringing my balance up to a glorious €30. Anyone experience any weird activity on their account?

EDIT: Poster above me has strange activity too. This will get interesting.
    With regards to unusual activity, I've have 60 euro added to my balance ( not detailed in bank statement as to where is came from) ( still waiting for thurs wages and 3 dd to go through from last week, none of which are around the 60 euro mark)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

More movement on my account today, the €100 I withdrew from Paddy Power Wednesday 20th has appeared, however, the €40 I deposited in branch Thursday the 21st still has not appeared.
    Its more movement though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

crazygeryy wrote: »
    How are all these dd s being paid out if the wages aren't in the accounts?or is it just that we can't see the wages when we log in?

I had one DD due out the 22nd, not reflected in my account at all but the 3 website says it's been paid. My wages-less balance wouldn't be enough to cover it, so can only assume they're being 'forced through'?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement