Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i now have 2 transactions for22 june on my account, one of which goes to my husbands account- also ub- this has left my account but hasnt reached his:rolleyes: the other transaction is a visa debit one for 22 june

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

I have outgoing payments up until 24 June showing on my account now. Needless to say my two weeks wages have not shown up yet though and, as a consequence, the account is overdrawn GRRR!!!!

Added to this is the fact that all this may not be resolved until the middle of next week - LUDICROUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭phormium

I have just got 2 delivery status notification failures in my email account, one from postmaster@rbs.co.uk and the other from an email that contained the name of an UB employee. Now I didn't send either recipient an email recently, I have had email correspondence in the past and I mean several years ago so do not know how this has popped up now! If only my lodgement would pop up as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

booth70 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ulster-bank-it-fiasco-heading-into-week-two-3154549.html

Not only is there no sign of an end in sight but they seem to have absolutely NO idea of how to solve this problem:mad:

Heading into week two? Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ulster-bank-it-fiasco-heading-into-week-two-3154549.html

Not only is there no sign of an end in sight but they seem to have absolutely NO idea of how to solve this problem:mad:

Yet more lazy reporting . A lot more than 150k people are effected here.

I would be very interested to see the VAT returns for these two weeks , they have to be down.

As I have said in previous posts
    a) I know of business people who are planning to shut shops because they can no longer function without payments going in ( although their payments are going out )
    b) I for one am not spending anything other than essential spending.

Where is the Central Bank ? Where is the Gvmt ?

All I hear is platitudes from these people and lies from UB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

The bank says that staff are working around the clock to clear a huge backlog of unprocessed transactions mistakenly deleted by a worker in a software support company in India.

Wondering did they get official confirmation of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

More debits showing up today, no credits.
    I know people are well intentioned but I'm well aware I can go to a branch to get cash & have done. I just want my account sorted out!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Online balance is up to date now, but still no sign of 2 weeks wages or DD's. This is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My online balance has gone into negative when I logged on this morning to see if there had been any movement, this is ridiculous, there is no way it should be reading negative, no record of any lodgement has shown up but also no record of a withdrawel! Which I havent done since the day before the crash.

I will certainly be moving bank when this is sorted out properly, if ever. Any recommendations for a safer bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well the lie they spinned about your DD being paid was a load of balls, just got 2 emails saying both were declined AND I got 2 charges ony account for insufficient funds...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It seems like almost everything they say is just lies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

my mortgage is with UB but my current account is with BOI, if my mortgage is delayed because of the UB issue (as in, the money is there for the taking), will UB try to charge me a penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭atellyer

I'm a bit concerned now. How come some people are seeing some movement in their online accounts yet I have still had no transactions recorded (in or out) since 18th June? This is far more serious then they are letting on. We need to know the truth. I can't see the bank going under (surely their bosses at RBS wouldn't let it) but this delay in getting back is unprecedented.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hallelujah. The first mention of India in an Irish publication

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

My account was credited. Unfortunately the decimal point is in the wrong place meaning 99% of my wages is still missing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Errrr they are lies.

They have lied 5 times now saying this mess will be sorted out by a date which then changes.
    They have lied saying that the vast majority of salaries have been paid , this is rubbish.

and I reckon that the promises that people won't be out of pocket is also a pack of lies. Lets see how you get on chasing them for the interest from a third party bank for going o/d .

Yes David. I agree. But look what happens when somebody from there comes on here and tells the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Absolutely fuming this morning!!

I've now logged on to find that they've taken the 2 standing orders that were supposed to come out on the 22nd but yet there is no sign of my wages that were supposed to come on the 21st. Also when you try to manage your SOs the correct details are not there, I amended them on the 19th and they seem to have defaulted back to what they were originally.

No sign of my Bord Gais DD that was supposed to come out on the 29th either.

So i suppose there is movement but really what is the point if it's not in order?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They change the timestamp on the update landing page but the content doesn't change. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Tow

I would be very interested to see the VAT returns for these two weeks , they have to be down.

As I have said in previous posts
    a) I know of business people who are planning to shut shops because they can no longer function without payments going in ( although their payments are going out )
    b) I for one am not spending anything other than essential spending.

Where is the Central Bank ? Where is the Gvmt ?

All I hear is platitudes from these people and lies from UB

Here is our normally out spoken Governor, Patrick Honohan views on the failure of Payment Systems.

From: DIAGNOSING BANKING SYSTEM FAILURES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES (1996)
    Payments system
    Turning to the payments system, there are three aspects to concerns here. First is the consideration that bank failure may result in a freezing of deposits. The existence of liquidity constraints mean that freezing of deposits may be costly even if the depositors are ultimately repaid with interest.

Second, there is the fact that the banks and economic agents are linked in a chain of short-term credits resulting from the use of cheques and other means of payment processed through the banking system. Thus an economic agent's solvency may depend on the performance of a bank with which she has no direct dealings, if a payment which she is to receive should be routed through that bank. Banks with otherwise prudent lending policies may find themselves in difficulties because a counterparty bank fails. This aspect is in essence no more than a hidden form of credit risk, but this form of risk is difficult to monitor, and the scale of possible losses is large.4

Third, banks are indispensable for the efficient and reliable delivery of payments for goods, services or assets. If a substantial part of the banking system fails, then it may be difficult and costly to accomplish large or long-distance payments with any degree of reliability. Availability of other payments-related services may also be impaired, such as the possibility of reducing the risks associated with exchange rates changes through forward transactions. The prolonged substantial breakdown of the payments system in the former Soviet Union illustrates the problems that arise.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

.[/QUOTE]

They have a huge crisis of their own making , but they will fix it.

[/Quote]

Can anyone tell me what happens if they cant fix it? Is that a possibility?

My ub mortgage is due to come out tomorrow.something tells me they won't forget or **** up that transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

I just don't understand why this 'keying' of transactions is being done before the keying of credits!! I mean it's bloody ridiculous. My online balance d

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Shows a debit again this am must be ATM as €20 even. I'm starting to think the credits have vanished!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

kryogen wrote: »
    My online balance has gone into negative when I logged on this morning to see if there had been any movement, this is ridiculous, there is no way it should be reading negative, no record of any lodgement has shown up but also no record of a withdrawel! Which I havent done since the day before the crash.

I will certainly be moving bank when this is sorted out properly, if ever. Any recommendations for a safer bank?

Full disclosure: I have no brief for, affiliation with and to my knowledge do not know anyone working for them but there is also RaboBank. Only mentioning because a) I am thinking of them myself and b) I know two people here in Dublin (colleagues) who bank with them and report themselves very satisfied.

One downside is they have no phyisical branches in Ireland so you've to mail everything to set it up (I looked into this before UB had their meltdown) but after that it is all electronic.

Just mentioning as lots of people seem to feel that AIB/BoI/PTSB are the only other games in town and they aren't.

[EDIT: to the question I think RB have the highest credit rating possible, "AAA" or whatever but don't take my word for it/i might be wrong - double check that is what I am saying]

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Hallelujah. The first mention of India in an Irish publication

It wont matter its not on the main pages, and I doubt any of the media will bother picking up on it.

Matt cooper seems to be the only one who really went for Ulster Bank, everybody else is either too scared, not bothered or has some vested interest in keeping the status quo

phormium wrote: »
    I have just got 2 delivery status notification failures in my email account, one from postmaster@rbs.co.uk and the other from an email that contained the name of an UB employee. Now I didn't send either recipient an email recently, I have had email correspondence in the past and I mean several years ago so do not know how this has popped up now! If only my lodgement would pop up as well!

I'd be very, very careful about any communication you receive by email at the moment, purporting to come from UB/RBS.

The usual gang of scumbags have come crawling out of the woodwork to perform phishing and other scams on the back of this outage:
    http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/safe-secure/stay-safe-online/email-scams.ashx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I was hoping that the balance on my online banking didnt actually reflect the balance on their systems. Im in my overdraft and €40 from the limit so I tried to take out €50 to test if it would give it to me. Insufficient funds was the result. If this continues to Wednesday, I'll have the bones of 2k floating around in electronic payment land with an increasing fear that its going to be hard to get it back. The deadline for my employer to divert the Thursday payment to another bank account has passed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

yesterday i had €4.06 in my account. Today 2 standing orders from the 22nd totaling €65 have come off my account one for aib one for credit union. Now my account says I have -€34.96. The money that was to transfer to aib isnt showing up there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

and I reckon that the promises that people won't be out of pocket is also a pack of lies. Lets see how you get on chasing them for the interest from a third party bank for going o/d .

My OH has already gotten credited by BOI for a failed DD over this. Not exactly the same thing but shows the other banks are being supportive.
    Domhnall66 wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I have no brief for, affiliation with and to my knowledge do not know anyone working for them but there is also RaboBank. Only mentioning because a) I am thinking of them myself and b) I know two people here in Dublin (colleagues) who bank with them and report themselves very satisfied.
    Last I tried, Rabobank doesn't function like a normal current account. i.e. no direct debits and withdrawals to cash involve another bank.
    http://www.rabodirect.ie/savings-ireland/faq/default.aspx
    Domhnall66 wrote: »
    [EDIT: to the question I think RB have the highest credit rating possible, "AAA" or whatever but don't take my word for it/i might be wrong - double check that is what I am saying]

They are mainly AA now however for a bank in these times, it is pretty damn good. Better than most governments in Europe, the same governments who backup the deposit scheme.

All that isn't to say I wouldn't recommend them, I would, just not as a current account replacement. I've a wedge there myself.

Ryaner wrote: »
    My OH has already gotten credited by BOI for a failed DD over this. Not exactly the same thing but shows the other banks are being supportive.

Last I tried, Rabobank doesn't function like a normal current account. i.e. no direct debits and withdrawals to cash involve another bank.
    http://www.rabodirect.ie/savings-ireland/faq/default.aspx

They are mainly AA now however for a bank in these times, it is pretty damn good. Better than most governments in Europe, the same governments who backup the deposit scheme.

All that isn't to say I wouldn't recommend them, I would, just not as a current account replacement. I've a wedge there myself.

Thanks for the clarification! I thought my two friends with them could manage such things but the link you supply is pretty clear - ta much (and sorry if I raised false hope for anyone) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

Ryaner wrote: »

That surely is the way to go for customers of other banks. Let the third party bank refund charges to their customers and then bill UB. Means that UB don't have to deal with thousands of individual claims.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement