Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Ptsb account on Monday so. Can't go another week without money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

I went in today, got the remainder of my money out, told them I was going to be closing the account. I got my money and am now done with Ulster, bar a little bit of paper work.

To be fair, their staff have been fantastic, but, I am not going to put up with a mess up of this scale, and continuous lies as to when it is going to be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭Tow

Davidth88 wrote: »
    What they actually mean is

Unfortunately due to our total Incompetence , that fact the Irish regulator is totally toothless and on our payroll , and that we basically don't give a damn , we do not expect to be fully up to date until Monday 2nd July , however we may of course be plucking this date out of thin air like the four previous ones .

They are probably trying to reconstruct their own data and the other banks to send them tapes of the transactions they previously sent for that nights batch. It the internal UB transactions I would be worried about, at least the other banks would have a record of wthat they sent to UB.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Ryaner wrote: »

funny how its all allegedly sorted in the uk, my sister is with natwest and hasnt seen an wages yet (from a week ago)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

odin_ie wrote: »
    I went in today, got the remainder of my money out, told them I was going to be closing the account. I got my money and am now done with Ulster, bar a little bit of paper work.

To be fair, their staff have been fantastic, but, I am not going to put up with a mess up of this scale, and continuous lies as to when it is going to be resolved.

In what form did they give you your money? Sorry if I'm being nosey here. I'm just thinking seriously of closing my savings account on Monday and putting the money from that into PTSB or somewhere like that. I can't put everything on hold until these clowns sort it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Keep it on topic folks. Indian call centre tales and how other people use English is off topic for both this thread and this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Ally Dick wrote: »
    booth70 wrote: »

The money will come out of your Ulster bank account immediately, from the shadow. However, your payment to AIB will go through EFT on a batch queue. You can't instantly send txs to another bank. They all have their own version of the shadow database, but it can't be added to by another bank.
    If someone in AIB used online banking to pay you in Ulster bank, the debit would go through in AIB on the shadow, but would go through EFT, through the batch system to get to your account in Ulster, and be delayed because batch processing is delayed

Thanks

One more query please.....What about if I was to write a cheque to myself and deposit that in the AIB account would it still be the same problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

has been a change in the balance on my statement i assume that is my visa debit card transactions even though these dont show on my statement

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

S/O from the 22nd showed up on my account today, CC payment that was showing up from the 21st disappeared and a 12.70 fee has also been added :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

I've been reading this thread for the last few days and I must admit I was and still am worried about the length of time it is taking to resolve this fiasco. I've just noticed in the last hour on one of my accounts that a debit card transaction dated 22nd June has finally shown up. I'm hoping that this is the start of some movement on things because if it doesn't start sorting itself out VERY soon I will have no choice but to start withdrawing savings etc. So sick of everything being in limbo...hurry up UB :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

booth70 wrote: »

Thanks

One more query please.....What about if I was to write a cheque to myself and deposit that in the AIB account would it still be the same problem?

You'd need to check if your AIB account clears cheques straight away or if they take time to clear. The clearing cycle could be up 5 working days if you lodge an Ulster bank cheque. However, this is normal procedure and not affected by the outage, as far as I know.
    You'd need to consider that the cheque could bounce, if your balance in Ulster bank wasn't up to date. Then AIB would debit you for that.

Im sure this has already been discussed as well. The unpaid item fees?? Can I assume that must be automatic and surely the S/O was actually paid?

S/O from the 22nd showed up on my account today, CC payment that was showing up from the 21st disappeared and a 12.70 fee has also been added :eek:

Sounds to me like they bounced th CC payment. That 12.70 is an unpaid charge fee

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I transferred money from Ulster Bank to AIB last week and it hasn't shown up in the AIB account yet - are outgoing transactions also being affected? ATM withdrawals and shop purchases are showing up in real time for me so I thought this might work also!

Edit: Saw that this was explained above, damn. I should have gotten gotten cash out and put it in AIB, EFT'ing was a stupid idea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭Tow

Ryaner wrote: »

Interesting that RTE feels the need to cover the state guarantee at the bottom of the article:
    Ulster Bank is not owned by the State, it is not covered by the State Eligible Liabilities Guarantee for amounts over €100,000.

However, deposits up to €100,000 are guaranteed under the Deposit Guarantee Scheme

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I know its an unpaid charge fee, but I thought they were supposed to actually be paying the standing orders and direct debits?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Anyone else feel like this is heading for a run? I know I've lost any patience and sympathy I previously had.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

DD9090 wrote: »
    Are they clearing the backlog over weekends also or is it just normal weekdays?

They should have run the out to date batches 24 hours as the bank staff are doing manual transactions, but it appears they are not.

I'm at the point where I'm wondering if sueing them would work, or would they claim force majeure?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

Ok.. After 2 weeks of UB issues. Is anyone else thinking about leaving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

I transferred money from Ulster Bank to AIB last week and it hasn't shown up in the AIB account yet - are outgoing transactions also being affected? ATM withdrawals and shop purchases are showing up in real time for me so I thought this might work also!

Money into your account and transfers out are still not working. I am seriously thinking of moving to another bank. Going to get an account setup next week so I can get my wages paid into a different account.

ATM and Laser txs are known as point of sale transactions and appear on the shadow database instantaneously. However if the payment has to go to another bank, it's done through EFT, which does not update via shadow. It's done via a batch process which is held up by the current problems. If you do in house transfers from one account to another via online banking, it happens on the shadow as well and will update instantaneously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

My standing order for rent due to leave on the 22nd has gone in the last couple of hours...

(leaving me about €2.50 until they can credit the wages due in the 27th, mind, but at least it's movement!)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

Got paid 21st June and nothing has come through yet. Get paid monthly and have all direct debit's set up to come out between 23rd and 26th.
    Have a bit of savings which we have been living off but just went in there to see what the balance was, the shopping and diesel I got earlier had come out straight away. Then noticed that they have taken the payment for a car loan I have with them as well from my current account leaving me with no option now but to go to a branch tomorrow to get my hand on some cash:mad:

I knew my local branch was not open so logged back in to see what other option I had in the area and the car loan payment is now back in the current account. Had I not shown my wife I would have thought I was cracking up

Interesting reading

www.cantankerous.co.uk

Seems the Indian IT employees are removing info from Linked-In where it says that they are working in RBS/Ulster IT in India

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    Ok.. After 2 weeks of UB issues. Is anyone else thinking about leaving?

Yes. I was initially prepared to stick it out when it was apparently only for a few days. Now that that date for them fixing everything is extending further into time, I've changed my mind. I'm almost certainly going to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Shao

From RTE wrote:
    Ulster Bank is not owned by the State, it is not covered by the State Eligible Liabilities Guarantee for amounts over €100,000.
    However, deposits up to €100,000 are guaranteed under the Deposit Guarantee Scheme 

This is the first time I have seen Rte mention this.
    Wonder if it's a sign of what's to come , UB closing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

Shao wrote: »
    This is the first time I have seen Rte mention this.
    Wonder if it's a sign of what's to come , UB closing ?

That was my first thought when I read this too :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement