Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Beadophiles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Mc Love wrote: »
    Can you spot the what's on the rear window? No not the hydrophobe

A rear windscreen wiper :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Smooth wiper from a citroen c3?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Boards motors sticker

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Mc Love wrote: »
    Boards motors sticker

I suppose you're going to ask us if we can make out when your tax expires from the first picture?? :pac:

I suppose you're going to ask us if we can make out when your tax expires from the first picture?? :pac:

Or when it is due a service. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Finally got the car cleaned up yesterday as it was in a sorry state with bug season and all.

Beading alright for something parked on a steep slope.

IMAG0283_zpsxrnlet8t.jpg
    IMAG0282_zpsgfixatow.jpg
    IMAG0281_zpstinvkry3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Eight month old AG HiDef, and still a decent bead :D

aghidef2_zps533785c3.jpg
    aghidef1_zps632b561a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Such an under-rated wax!! Would be so much more expensive if produced by some of the other manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Curran wrote: »
    Such an under-rated wax!! Would be so much more expensive if produced by some of the other manufacturers.

Slightly off topic but..

Is it really that good Curran?
    I've still a load of SRP at home... so doubt i'd need the EGP then if i got the Hi Def wax?

HD Wax is good but personally I much prefer Collinite 845 for ease of application and removal. It's about the same when it comes to longevity.

• Advertisement

Applied directly to the paintwork, no SRP, it is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Polish Angel Esclate & Master Sealant

W5QM8d8.jpg

Slattsy wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but..

Is it really that good Curran?
    I've still a load of SRP at home... so doubt i'd need the EGP then if i got the Hi Def wax?

AG HD is brilliant. Don't let the price put you off. A little goes a long way, so the tub lasts for years.
    I've had mine about three years now, and used it dozens of times, and still got a fair bit left.
    It won't "go off" with age, like some waxes.

AG HD is brilliant. Don't let the price put you off. A little goes a long way, so the tub lasts for years.
    I've had mine about three years now, and used it dozens of times, and still got a fair bit left.
    It won't "go off" with age, like some waxes.

What he should know is that due to its ingredients, it SHOULD be a lot more expensive but AutoGlym's main idea with HD wax was to produce a high-end wax that was affordable.

Cheers lads.
    I do find the AG products very good, especially when you take into account the 3 for 2 offers in Halfords.
    Any tips for applying the Hi Def wax. I mean apart from the proper prep and clay - should i use SRP before a coat or 2 of wax?

If your paintwork is swirled and you need to hide that then yes....otherwise no!
    Remember the wax will hide some light defects. Best to try a test area....try find the worst panel and apply a small sectio and see if the wax alone will hide enough defects to satisfy you!

Curran wrote: »
    If your paintwork is swirled and you need to hide that then yes....otherwise no!
    Remember the wax will hide some light defects. Best to try a test area....try find the worst panel and apply a small sectio and see if the wax alone will hide enough defects to satisfy you!

I am never satisfied! Its a curse.

Joking aside, many swirls on motor. (Car was 4 yr old when i got bought it.)
    So will def need some filler. I do find the SRP good in that respect.

Might sound a stupid question but is there a wax out there with a good volume of filler, so i could avoid using both a filler/polish and wax combo?

I am never satisfied! Its a curse.

Joking aside, many swirls on motor. (Car was 4 yr old when i got bought it.)
    So will def need some filler. I do find the SRP good in that respect.

Might sound a stupid question but is there a wax out there with a good volume of filler, so i could avoid using both a filler/polish and wax combo?

Get a DA on it, if you can... Sorted :)

Get a DA on it, if you can... Sorted :)

Yeah I know, really love to get one on it.
    It's only needs one going over really.

Yeah I know, really love to get one on it.
    It's only needs one going over really.

You anywhere near Carlow...? Come and borrow mine.. Do it here, in the garage.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Been a while since my last visit here. Vrs is gone, now I have a focus. Quick wash and some collinite 845. Turned out very slick looking.

308645.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hatfry

Very nice. Can anyone tell me where to get decent sized amounts of collinite 845 on the cheap?

Hatfry wrote: »
    Very nice. Can anyone tell me where to get decent sized amounts of collinite 845 on the cheap?

You wont need decent amounts of it.
    One bottle does a lot... a big lot.. and awful lot of coats and will last a very long time.

Get it from detailingshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

Finally got round to getting a good picture of the beading on a golf I done about two weeks using collinite 845. Happy with the beading for my first attempt at a detail :)

Collinite seems to be the dogs bollíx alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

That Collinite 845 seems to be really good. Some really good beading there.

mikeyod123 wrote: »
    Finally got round to getting a good picture of the beading on a golf I done about two weeks using collinite 845. Happy with the beading for my first attempt at a detail :)

You badly need to clay your car. That's why your beads aren't as "bubbly" as they should be with Collinite 845.

You badly need to clay your car. That's why your beads aren't as "bubbly" as they should be with Collinite 845.

Am I safe to assume that claying will remove all lsp?
    (only leaving the paint)

(only leaving the paint)

Yep claying will strip everything back to the lacquer.

• Advertisement

(only leaving the paint)

Yes,
    Then Polish
    Wash with APC and fairy liquid Mix.
    Rinse
    Rinse
    Dry
    apply 2 coats of 845.
    Ta-daa..

Advertisement