Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Kolido wrote: »
    Yeah I remember watching Royal Rumble 94 on I think it was call RTL
    I'm sure I still have a recording of it on video tape at home somewhere.

I vaguely remember watching WCW PVPs on German channels also.

Ah!!! DSF - loved watching all the WCW PPVS on that. They used to have whole days of old PPVs on at Xmas as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Watching 98/99 WWF on the network and the fact that HHH and The Rock became stars is a miracle due to how heavily SCSA was pushed. Deadly games ends with SCSA making a show of the new champion. Think people have rose-tinted glasses about him. He's a better talker than Cena but better pushed and worse wrestler than him. Can't believe I never saw this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭CSF

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Watching 98/99 WWF on the network and the fact that HHH and The Rock became stars is a miracle due to how heavily SCSA was pushed. Deadly games ends with SCSA making a show of the new champion. Think people have rose-tinted glasses about him. He's a better talker than Cena but better pushed and worse wrestler than him. Can't believe I never saw this before.

He was pretty much booked perfectly and played his character to perfection. The booking is usually what makes someone most of the time. Where would Bryan have gone if Orton hadn't cashed in at Summerslam for example? The booking fit the character perfectly and their only real mistake was that they didn't originally plan to have a payoff at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

Austin really suffered in that period in terms of in ring as the SummerSlam 97 injury really affected him. In hindsight he was fuçking crazy to come back in just 3 months. I actually liked his heel style post XVII more than his earlier in ring work tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yeah you have to remember Austin physically could not use most of his repertoire by the time he got really popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I've gotten slack for this before, but I genuinely think that Triple H is one of the best performers and wrestlers in the company to date.

It's a bit more dodge since he got married to Steph, but back in the Attitude days and before he worked damn hard and always put on a great show and really made DX stand out.

Also:
    Bret Hart is an overrated whiny man-baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

^^^^ Found Hunters secret account :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bret Hart has become more overrated since he (rightfully) criticised Rollins for smashing Cena's nose in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I've gotten slack for this before, but I genuinely think that Triple H is one of the best performers and wrestlers in the company to date.

It's a bit more dodge since he got married to Steph, but back in the Attitude days and before he worked damn hard and always put on a great show and really made DX stand out.

Also:
    Bret Hart is an overrated whiny man-baby.

I'll sing this until I can't sing anymore. HHH is easily one of the best American wrestlers of all time. Few people can match how much "big fight feel" he brings to his matches. Late 90s - early 00s he was the highlight of WWE to for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

HHH was very good in ring. His selling in particular.

Saying Bret hart was overrated is ridiculous imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Bret Hart was overrated. Wouldnt be in my top 75 of all time, would probably make it into top 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

LeeJM wrote: »
    Bret Hart was overrated. Wouldn't be in my top 75 of all time, would probably make it into top 100.

Ah come on now.:confused: I know we don't go by halves here in the IWC but that's a ludicrous statement. Try and actually write your top 75 and you'll struggle to excluded Bret. Would Hogan be in your top 200?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Ah come on now.:confused: I know we don't go by halves here in the IWC but that's a ludicrous statement. Try and actually write your top 75 and you'll struggle to excluded Bret. Would Hogan be in your top 200?:rolleyes:

Hogan would most certainly be in my top 100 and most certainly higher than Hart. Top 75 without a struggle in no particular order ;

1. Shawn Michaels
    2. Steve Austin
    3. John Cena
    4. Hulk Hogan
    5. Ric Flair
    6. Ricky Steamboat
    7. Macho Man
    8. Terry Funk
    9. Jerry Lawler
    10. Curt Hennig
    11. Ted DiBiase
    12. Rick Rude
    13. Edge
    14. Kurt Angle
    15. Chris Jericho
    16. HHH
    17. Cesaro
    18. Seth Rollins
    19. CM Punk
    20. Daniel Bryan
    21. Rey Mysterio
    22. Misawa
    23. Kobashi
    24. Samoa Joe
    25. Jushin Thunder Liger
    26. AJ Styles
    27. Christian
    28. DDP
    29. Sting
    30. William Regal
    31. Eddie Guerrero
    32. Brock Lesnar
    33. Tenyru
    34. Nakamura
    35. Okada
    36. Tanahashi
    37. Stan Hanson
    38. Kawada
    39. Kerry Von Erich
    40. RVD
    41. Jerry Lynn
    42. XPac
    43. The Great Muta
    44. Low Ki
    45. Kenta/Hideo Itami
    46. Finn Balor/Prince Devitt
    47. Ricky Morton
    48. Vader
    49. Sabu
    50. Roddy Piper
    51. Tully Blanchard
    52. Arn Anderson
    53. Barry Windham
    54. Mick Foley
    55. Jeff Hardy
    56. Matt Hardy
    57. Dusty Rhodes
    58. Goldust
    59. Dynamite Kid
    60. Austin Aries
    61. Austin Idol
    62. Bill Dundee
    63. Jeff Jarrett
    64. Bam Bam Bigelow
    65. Tajiri
    66. Jamie Noble
    67. Raven
    68. Carlos Colon
    69. Bruiser Brody
    70. LA Park/La Parka
    71. Hayabusa
    72. Jake Roberts
    73. Undertaker
    74. Owen Hart
    75.The Rock

A list with no Val Venis is no list at all

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This crap that trips only got to where he is because of marrying Steph isn't acurate. Him marrying Steph obviously kept him high up the card but trips is/was good enough to be in the main event.

When trips in in a match I knew the match was going to be a good standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I would rather watch a hhh match then a bret Hart match tbh.

now I think the both of them have had great matches but hhh to me was a better all round performer.

I've also seen bret criticise wrestlers for doing the same moves every match but every wrestler does this. it's one of the things that I always hated that cena got criticised for every wrestler has there 5 moves of doom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

LeeJM wrote: »
    Bret Hart was overrated. Wouldnt be in my top 75 of all time, would probably make it into top 100.
    I never liked him
    Boring in ring and on Mic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd rate him

4/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

sky88 wrote: »
    I would rather watch a hhh match then a bret Hart match tbh.

now I think the both of them have had great matches but hhh to me was a better all round performer.

I've also seen bret criticise wrestlers for doing the same moves every match but every wrestler does this. it's one of the things that I always hated that cena got criticised for every wrestler has there 5 moves of doom

The 5 moves of doom (even that phrase itself) originally came from Bret. It was his thing to set up the Sharpshooter.

Triple H was an unbelievable heel. But I never ever bought him as a passable face outside of DX. He just isn't an immediately likeable person and his style was just so much better suited to be a methodical sneaky heel in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

CSF wrote: »
    Triple H was an unbelievable heel. But I never ever bought him as a passable face outside of DX. He just isn't an immediately likeable person and his style was just so much better suited to be a methodical sneaky heel in any case.

I'd honestly put HHH's entrance in my top 3 of all Wrestlers. Alongside The Undertaker and Stone Cold.

I mean let's be honest, if you're walking down the street and The Game happens to come on on your MP3 player, you're gonna hench yourself up a bit and do that determined walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I mean let's be honest, if you're walking down the street and The Game happens to come on on your MP3 player, you're gonna hench yourself up a bit and do that determined walk.

EVERY.F*CKING.TIME!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Then just at the right time, you go to cross the road, look left then right then spit water before crossing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I honestly believe the only rewatchable HHH matches are gimmicked ones. Or where HBK dragged him through.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I thought he got a great match out of taker at WM27.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In pretty much all of HHH's best matches, he had a serious dance partner

Where he should be the guy, in matches against people like Reigns/Sheamus/Orton it was never as good as HBK/Taker

He was always a great opponent, he was always good if who he was facing was good/better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

"Sir, could you please get off the table and put down that bottle of water. You have drenched all the other diners"

My girlfriend has yet to revoke the -NO IPODS IN RESTAURANTS- rule :D

Always thought Trips was the business. I think everybody does. Bar his reign of terror, where he became a pi**-poor Ric Flair tribute everything he has done has been well above par.

He probably wouldn't be where he is right now if he hadn't married Steph but there is no doubt from the day he arrived in the WWE, Vince and the company saw something special in him.

Am chuffed it looks like he will be a major part of WWE going forward. He understands all this "sports entertainment" and all that good stuff but he'll make sure WWE never forgets it is beyond it all a wrasslin' company and always will be.

I hope I'm not the only one who is far more of a My Time fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Braden Walker changed the face of wrestling. And should be inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Braden Walker changed the face of wrestling. And should be inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

Already in it.

Advertisement