Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman tracking

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Joyce wolfe's husband now needs a 3hr marathon to take the household record (9:15)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

only 10mins after bike between tunney and "cranston"- who's cranston- tango or jackyback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Trig1 wrote: »
    only 10mins after bike between tunney and "cranston"- who's cranston- tango or jackyback
    Roth

The boardsie battle
    At 120k on the bike
    Mr Tango (#1330) - 4:47
    Tunney (#470) - 4:58
    JB (#1027) - 5:20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

looks like tunney and Tango will be side by side soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hmmm, JB out?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bryan and KQ still within a couple of minute of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

mloc123 wrote: »
    Hmmm, JB out?
    Seems a slow last bike split alright

4 mins between Tunney and Tango now. could be a close one, can Tunney drink from cups this time... will Tango's steady approach win out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Seriously impressive stuff by Tunney so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

thers tunney finishing now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Bambaata wrote: »
    thers tunney finishing now
    10:42 well done Tunney. Goes to show what a few years of banked training can provide as long as you do some quality work to tap into it.

Any word on what happened Fran ?

9:03 for Molloy and 9:18 for Campbell. Close but no cigar for their ambitions. Reid out of that game early on the run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Occasional poster Speedyj clocked an impressive 10:09 in Roth. After tunney just held him off in Athy he'll not be happy to lose here.

10:53 kingQuez and 11:05 bryangiggsy

Tunney claims and untrained IM was 'tough', I for one would take his time if my training went perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

He looked tired on the finishing shoot!

mloc123 wrote: »
    Tunney claims and untrained IM was 'tough', I for one would take his time if my training went perfect.

Any news on Fran?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yeah where is jb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Tiny Dave got over the line in 11:54 !

From Fran on Facebook
    To save me texting back people, I am ok ended up in medical tent on two IVs. Sick after swim but continued being sick on bike, made it until the end of the bike, collapsed and then medical team looked after me due to dehydration. Devastated would be an under statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Tough out there today in Frankfurt. First 90k on bike was in torrential rain..worse than the sunday in athy..wind was brutal as well...believe roth had bad wind too. KQ went by me at end of 2nd lap of run. Had no answer. Got off the bike not feeling as good 2 yrs ago but ran a faster marathon than i did then but i believe i suffered way more in the sun on the marathon. 25 min Ironman pb so ill take it. Had my best swim ever in an ironman 1.01 58 so chuffed.them drills are working :)..would have loved to have broke 11...but just had not got it in the legs.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys!

Rob Cummins from Wheelworx went 10.28 in IMUK yesterday coming 8th in his age group. Think he came around 5th last year. Whats astonishing is 3rd or 4th place to 8th finished within 3 mins of each other. Heartbreaking to come so close again.

In Antwerp 70.3 one of the lads i know from Piranha did 04.48 (a very good time)40th in his ag and he got a vegas rolldown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Rob Cummins from Wheelworx went 10.28 in IMUK yesterday coming 8th in his age group. Think he came around 5th last year. Whats astonishing is 3rd or 4th place to 8th finished within 3 mins of each other. Heartbreaking to come so close again.

In Antwerp 70.3 one of the lads i know from Piranha did 04.48 (a very good time)40th in his ag and he got a vegas rolldown.

Pity he didn't qualify for Vegas.

Mloc also did Antwerp, had a solid race 5:12 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

What AG was he in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I think there was 7 spots for Kona in his AG surely it rolled down 1?!

What AG was he in?

35-39

I think there was 7 spots for Kona in his AG surely it rolled down 1?!

Your right ElD..hes in

Advertisement