Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman tracking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Regarding wetsuits....not only will your time be slower without one, but I suspect the bike (and possibly the run?) might suffer a bit from extra energy expended during the swim.

All four boardsies are doing great!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

catweazle wrote: »
    Scary the difference the non wetsuit swim makes - there's a few out there that are well down on what I would have thought they would have done the swim in :eek:

Some impressive times all round

Just shows you how much fine you'd have in a proper swim without the suit big man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Oryx - Through 144km on the bike
    RedB - same as Oryx
    Handangeo - 5:50 bike and onto run
    Ceepo - 5:26 bike and 5.4k into run and moving well around 4:50km pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Oryx gone through 156k !

Oryx and RedB are probably side by side right now letting the f-bombs fly!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Anyone know the bike course length?

180.1 according to the tracker.

Bike = 180.1 km

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

For balance I see another boardie Mayoroadrunner is going well in the Outlaw Iron distance Triathlon. I expect this guy to have a good crack at a sub 10 effort and a 1.10 swim is a good start in his weakest discipline.

I am finding it difficult to understand the race tracking system though, bib number 262 :confused:

http://www.onestepbeyond.org.uk/the-outlaw-triathlon-live-results.php

Oryx bike done !

On to the strongest area now !

• Advertisement

BOTH Oryx and RedB done with bike at 9:35!

Ceepo doing well....but I don't see any run splits for handangeo. :confused: Should be some run splits.....

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Bike = 180.1 km

Wow people won't like an accurate course. Would the record have been set on this course last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

180.1 according to the tracker.

But what length is it really?

Handangeo....2 and a half hour bike to run transition???? That's what the tracker says. Either something's fecked up or he had an issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

For balance I see another boardie Mayoroadrunner is going well in the Outlaw Iron distance Triathlon. I expect this guy to have a good crack at a sub 10 effort and a 1.10 swim is a good start in his weakest discipline.

I am finding it difficult to understand the race tracking system though, bib number 262 :confused:

http://www.onestepbeyond.org.uk/the-outlaw-triathlon-live-results.php

He's going savage. That was some swim time. Cannot understand the tracker either. No bad for his first long distance.

For balance I see another boardie Mayoroadrunner is going well in the Outlaw Iron distance Triathlon.

10.17 finish - not showing his overall bike or run times - I am guessing he will take that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

mloc123 wrote: »
    But what length is it really?

No correlation between tracker and course length. Am saying course same as last year judging by fast bike splits. Cant believe thecamt of Irish doing the race. Must be biggest ever.

For balance I see another boardie Mayoroadrunner is going well in the Outlaw Iron distance Triathlon.

10.17 finish - not showing his overall bike or run times - I am guessing he will take that :)

Any ideas of how LCD got on?

Thank fook he's out of the picture for Humbert, I'd say Kona is a real possibility for MRR.

• Advertisement

Rawhead wrote: »
    Thank fook he's out of the picture for Humbert, I'd say Kona is a real possibility for MRR.

Were you targeting him in the Humbert :eek::eek::eek:

Were you targeting him in the Humbert :eek::eek::eek:

Where do you think he learned to swim like thatwink.gif

Not likely, it just means that there is one less person between my finishing spot and first place if you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ceepo first of the boardsies home in 11:03

Edit: I am hoping handangeo has a chip issue otherwise it looks like his race is over.

Handegeo did the first 1.7k at 3.17 pace :D A little tasty I would think

Seems to be a problem with timing from the first split in the run on, I would have expected 2nd run splits for the 3 of them by now

Timing updated, I think Oryx is in the lead now followed closely by Red.

Hard what to make of Handageos time, looks like if chip times are correct he is running injured. Over 2 hours in transition, fair play to him hes showing great courage

As an aside I see Kevin Thornton just missed the sub 10, it just shows how hard a target it must be as I would have said he was a nailed on cert to dip under given his performances this year.

Great race by Mike O Brien in 9.36 (good Limerick Tri club target for Shotgun)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Great race by Mike O Brien in 9.36 (good Limerick Tri club target for Shotgun)

Excuse my ignorance, but I presume there are Kona slots at Austria? Is this close to qualifying?

Now looks like Oryx and RedB are together. Some company might be nice.

She's half way through the marathon !!!!!

I feel guilty here eating a takeway:p

Nwm2 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but I presume there are Kona slots at Austria? Is this close to qualifying?

Going on last years times doubtful - I think Matt Molloy had to take a roll down slot with a 9.02 time in the 40-44 category.

However looked a much harder race this year so you never know

• Advertisement

She's half way through the marathon !!!!!

I feel guilty here eating a takeway:p

Don't feel guilty - she's keeping me from my housework and swimming....not to mention packing.

Advertisement