Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman tracking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Oryx wrote: »
    Ooh. Best of luck to all of you.
    Well done oryx..how u feeling today?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 d.runs

Hi folks. A question on Roth (which I'm doing): Do they give out High 5 liquid on the cycle (I know they give out gels but can't see any mention of liquid in the information). Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Well done oryx..how u feeling today?
    A bit tired and burnt on my shoulders but otherwise pretty good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

d.runs wrote: »
    Hi folks. A question on Roth (which I'm doing): Do they give out High 5 liquid on the cycle (I know they give out gels but can't see any mention of liquid in the information). Thanks.

I was wondering which one you were doing d.runs - i thought it might be round 2 against Abhainn in Challenge Barcelona!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 d.runs

'The year of the Roth', so wont be in Swinford this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Forget about race tracking, you want to be tracking Tunneys twitter feed this morning. Poor JB is getting awful abuse :pac: . Almost as bad as I get from Interested :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Forget about race tracking, you want to be tracking Tunneys twitter feed this morning. Poor JB is getting awful abuse :pac: . Almost as bad as I get from Interested :eek:

Down with this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

The only tracking that may be going on from us is from the pub.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No news on another flight yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

No news on another flight yet?

Didn't get on as stand by for the 11.55, next flight is at 1800. A long day and got no where yet. Well be 1 am before we get to hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

tunney wrote: »
    Didn't get on as stand by for the 11.55, next flight is at 1800. A long day and got no where yet. Well be 1 am before we get to hotel.

I can only hope the airport has provided you with somewhere to heat the other lads bottles.

You'd have to wonder what the weathers going to be like in Frankfurt this weekend. Bryangiggsy posted on JB's facebook that Franfurt had a major thunderstorm last night. One extreme to the other for Austria to Frankfurt? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

You'd have to wonder what the weathers going to be like in Frankfurt this weekend. Bryangiggsy posted on JB's facebook that Franfurt had a major thunderstorm last night. One extreme to the other for Austria to Frankfurt? :D
    Tis blue skies and 27 at mo..cloudy at lake this morning..water temp 22.5 so wetsuits in :) buzz is building...honestly forgot how awesome this race is. #oneforthediary

Tis blue skies and 27 at mo..cloudy at lake this morning..water temp 22.5 so wetsuits in :) buzz is building...honestly forgot how awesome this race is. #oneforthediary

At the moment tango and jb are asleep in t1 in Dublin airport. Deciding whether to draw on their faces or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

At the moment tango and jb are asleep in t1 in Dublin airport. Deciding whether to draw on their faces or what.

Might I suggest the Livestrong Logo - that'd go down well in Roth

Gringo78 wrote: »

Might I suggest the Livestrong Logo - that'd go down well in Roth

Went with plan B, them waking up and calling me a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Race briefing confirmed a wetsuit swim here in frankfurt :)

I've spent most of the day catching up on sleep after a crazy week in work leading to a few more late nights than you might want in the run up to this.

To paraphrase the referee earlier... "Unsportsman like behavior wont be accepted. But there are 2000+ of you in the water. There will be kicking and punching, it is an Ironman".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Hi Lads
    for those of you in the know, is there any channel on tv that we can watch roth on or is there a site online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Trig1 wrote: »
    Hi Lads
    for those of you in the know, is there any channel on tv that we can watch roth on or is there a site online

http://live.ironmanlive.com/Event/Frankfurter_Sparkasse_Ironman_European_Championship_2

This the updates page - to track an athlete click the 'Tracking' button and away you go!

One poor person left in the water in Frankfurt. Poor fecker. Bryan and KQ both out of the water in 61 mins. Going well on bike so far.

82 mins for JB in the water, he'll be disappointed with that and 72 for Tunney. Can't watch two feeds at once but yer man in the water in Frankfurt is very entertaining. :pac:

And looks like rain in FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

One poor person left in the water in Frankfurt. Poor fecker. Bryan and KQ both out of the water in 61 mins. Going well on bike so far.

82 mins for JB in the water, he'll be disappointed with that and 72 for Tunney. Can't watch two feeds at once but yer man in the water in Frankfurt is very entertaining. :pac:

And looks like rain in FF
    Where are you watching it RQ?

Could watch the swim while it was on, I only caught the end. More coverage of the Frankfurt swim here - http://live.ironman.com/?race=germany&year=2012#axzz200rJfnb5
    Roth - http://www.challenge-roth.com/cockpit/index.html

Edit : Roth keeps changing from spectators to actually watching the bike course. Stuck on the one place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

The Roth tracker is good as you can open a few people at a time. Mr Tango leading the lads out after a blistering 53 swim :eek: Tunney moving quickest on the bike though...

Leader on the run now. Bryangiggsy about 2 minutes ahead of KQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

The Roth tracker is good as you can open a few people at a time. Mr Tango leading the lads out after a blistering 53 swim :eek: Tunney moving quickest on the bike though...

how do i track them, what are their bib numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Was chatting to tango about a 'terrible' swim he had a few weeks back. Was doing easy 100s off 90seconds and only coming in on 87... Bloody fish eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Use surnames. Egan, Cranston, Tunney, Campbell, Molly, Reid. You can have them all open as favourites and track them all simultaneously

Roth

The boardsie battle
    At 120k on the bike
    Mr Tango (#1330) - 4:47
    Tunney (#470) - 4:58
    JB (#1027) - 5:20

Tunney eating into Tango's lead. Took JB a while to get going but seems to have found a gear.

The sub9 battle (3 Irish going for sub 9)
    Matt Molly (#132) already on the run after a 47 swim and 5hr bike. Needs a 3:05 or so for the sub9
    Brian Campbell (#160) 50 swim, 13 minutes down at 153km, about 15 minutes back, should be finished bike soon
    Wayne Reid, 53 swim, 28 minutes down at 153km and I'd assume he will be a half hour behind Molloy at least coming onto the run. Both Campbell and Reid are better runners...

Tunney has passed Tango... Can Tango stay in touch and get him on the run?

Tango through 153km now, he has 11mins on Tunney as he was in a later wave. This should leave them both starting the run with almost the same time on the clock..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

http://roth.r.mikatiming.de/2012/?&event=QC&id=9999990FEBE3B9000002B092&pid=start

Advertisement