Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Rights Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Its a nice sound bite but ultimately if people are serious about the comments they utter then they would step aside and let the female leaders take over.

More often than not its to placate a vocal section of society but they have no intention of stepping aside.

Some female leaders will be better some will be worse, if we truly belive in an equal society it should be the person not the gender we elect.

The fear that every voter in their right mind should have is tokenism and unqualified and bad fits being pushed in place.

Also just to point out this is the same Dalai Lama who said the next leader should be a pretty woman as an ugly one wouldnt cut it. The cute hoor is just playing a game as he thinks it will get more support for his religion. Deep down though id say he doesnt give a shiny ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Personally, I've been in a similar situation - ex girlfriend insisted on moving in together, kept pretending to be looking for a job (she refused no less than 3 or 4 offers in one year, at the height of the recession, because they were "beneath her"), but in the end it was me with my non-stellar salary ( I was on something like 25k back then) having to foot all the bills. I was working 9-10 hours a day, often having to put in nights at the week end, always opting to work on bank holidays for the double pay, and could afford absolutely nothing; On top of that, she was dire at managing money - she'd go out and do food shopping for a single day...in Centra; Or she'd go and spend 100-200 on some dress or handbag she would then never wear or use...and she also racked up a frankly impressive credit card debt. i was just expected to stay silent and pay up whenever some bill came in the post; A few times I tried to talk to her, trying to get her to moderate her spending and use the money smarter (e.g. go to Lidl rather than buying day-to-day in Centra), but of course I was labeled as "controlling" and "abusive", especially when she basically got some of her friends to nose in as well (beautiful, I know).

Regular poster but would like to stay anonymous for this, if that's ok. I find it difficult enough to discuss these topics even with an Alias.

The more I read this thread the more I question my relationship with my OH. She was very controlling when it came to me spending my money. Early on we both worked, there was no issues regarding money, we had decent paying jobs. I guess it started out gradually with "are you sure you need that" and then "spending money on an experience is much better than material things". That's ok, that's her opinion. It got to the stage where I would have to hide the things I bought myself. Or if I couldn't hide it I would have to ask her and convince her "Ok then, you can get it". I felt like a child. We would fight over what I spent my money on. We would never mention what she spent her money on (regardless how many handbags and shoes she has). She simply didn't accept my opinion at all. I shouldn't have to convince anybody what I spend MY money on. We don't have a mortgage or any debt at all.

Now it's her that's purchasing things non stop. The house is filled with rubbish that we never use. It's psychological abuse I think. (There's more to it, but I don't think this is the place for that story).

Currently trying to get out of this relationship but it's not so simple. I am a stay at home dad and live in her country, she was homesick so moved to her home country and I am really struggling here. I can't just up and leave and I have literally zero friends here. The more I think about it the more miserable I become. If I didn't have my son to care for I don't think I would be here today...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's also a fallacy that female rulers are more peaceful:

https://www.economist.com/europe/2017/06/01/who-gets-into-more-wars-kings-or-queens

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

Lefties ruining this country. We need more conservatives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Lefties ruining this country. We need more conservatives

That's the big problem and the risk with the current socio-political climate: what you really need is common sense and reason. It doesn't take a genius to see that "gender quotas" are an idiotic idea, nor that pinning every single issue in society to "toxic masculinity" is a cheap "get out of jail" card and not even to figure out what painting women as "designed victims" is daft and counterproductive. Yet, plenty of people buy into the narrative, blindly, almost in a brainwashed fashion.

This is causing, as it often happened in human history, a proportionately illogical and aggressive counter-reaction with the conservative and even fascist ideologies gaining ground again. It will be worse and worse in the future if we keep on this road.

• Advertisement

This is causing, as it often happened in human history, a proportionately illogical and aggressive counter-reaction with the conservative and even fascist ideologies gaining ground again. It will be worse and worse in the future if we keep on this road.

I really fear there is going to be a big hard reset and people will really suffer.

If I was to guess I would say that the LGBT community will take the brunt of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Sleepy wrote: »

https://www.economist.com/europe/2017/06/01/who-gets-into-more-wars-kings-or-queens

I remember reading somewhere that in Northeastern US Indian tribes women were kept out of influencing tribal councils regarding disputes with other tribes. They were seen as more likely to call for war because they wanted revenge for lost sons and husbands. Then the vicious circle would continue with women from other tribes calling for war to revenge their losses etc.

I'll see if I can dig out the book to find the exact quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Sleepy wrote: »

I remember reading somewhere that in Northeastern US Indian tribes women were kept out of influencing tribal councils regarding disputes with other tribes. They were seen as more likely to call for war because they wanted revenge for lost sons and husbands. Then the vicious circle would continue with women from other tribes calling for war to revenge their losses etc.

I'll see if I can dig out the book to find the exact quote.
    Could be but most women know they cant run faster than a man, pregnant women less fast again, carrying babies slows you down too. So being raided in or near camp would endanger the weakest members of the tribe. A lot of tribes were maternal wrt property and childern and they would have equal say and status. Most Europeans would not see women as equals and as Christians beleive that women must submit to their husbands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

It will be worse and worse in the future if we keep on this road.

There is a culture war have been happening for quite some time now. It just keeps building and building.. the only thing I see coming(eventually) is a civil war. I see no way for reconciliation, because of the ideas that one side have adopted.

What do others see as the destination we are heading for?

I think its interesting to look at what happened at Evergreen college in 2017. Where they had a day where black people traditionaly opted to withdraw and attended events off campus. In that year the SJW's decided that the white students had to stay away. A professor objected as being racist. And it all blew up into white power v black oppression and social v science. What is interesting is the deen had already been in conflict with the campus police and effectively baned them off the campus and thus effectively allowed the students free reign to intimidate staff and students who did not agree with them.
    Also intresting is the deen's take on what happened (as show by uploaded student video) after to news and the inquest.
    Other colleges had sit-ins where in the evening of day1 the deen's basicly said you made your protest and we will be clearing the building in the am so staff have a safe work enviroment, any student found after will face disiplinary per the college rules.

Its interesting to see the videos posted by students themselves, denying their ability to access v expensive college educations (12.5k nett 20k gross) for fufu degrees in a capitalist county makes them very unsuppressed. And ID's them as problem employees in for profit businesses so they will end up as professional SJW

Sorry little rant:
    Take toxic masculinity and all men are bad is supported by feminist gender theory and any objection is shut down as anti woman etc. I see the same reaction in the shout down of reasonable questions by the (trans)gender theory movement as suported by 3 wave feminists at the moment in the UK with regard to the self ID. In Scotland it was proposed that its instant, with no suporting info, or need to present as female/male. Hetro & LGB people in normal % per population with a body dismorphia about their birth sex.

But there is an underlying argument that XX women must accept penis and bearded, male dressing men as "real" women in identical in every way to themselves. And that they pose no danger unlike other hetro males could. Infact they need men free spaces to avoid dangerous men.

That men accept transmen in the same way. Plus that hetro males like lesbians should accept transwomen as sex partners. Not to do so is transphobic

Because men are not objecting this proves the objections from women are without foundation. Rather this makes these women more dangerous than toxic males. That objecting to such a XY person sharing shower in prisons/public pools etc is transphobic and therefore should be killed for their objection.

Its telling that the Girl Guides decided that it was ok to allow boys of any age and men +18's who ID to share overnight spaces with girls without informing the girls parents or applying safegarding that any mixed sex organisation would apply. It would be transphobic to do safegard as no man would ever ID to gain access to a child.

That a student was expelled in Scotland after posting a video stating that there are only males and females is nuts, and scary as we teach safegarding by sex based segragation. There are a lot more hetro sex offenders than there will ever be from LGB combined.

The initial punishment of one week suspension was for recording and posting the video.
    The second punishmet of 2 extra weeks was for it staying viral. As was the expulsion. IMO it was a direct warning to any other student who objected to theory over basic biology. Biology is now transphobic.

The LGB will be harmed by this as most people dont care what you do in your own bedroom. But the T++ nutters lobby want to control this and have you sacked and excluded from society for basic common sense.

Eg I strongly object to the car ad which links adult sex toys and children. That a company would agree to this story line pay for its production and broadcast it, sadly this says a lot about the ideological shift of acceptable social behaviour when it comes to public sexual acts v child protection. Thats toxic liberal 'queer' theory at work.
    End rant

In ireland we have had mainly a monocultural society where in the USA they are too multi-cultural to have ever mergered into a group with a common history. Even using the word African American v American emphises the ideological split.

The " black lives matter" shows the split between the community and law enforcment. Some of it is victimhood BS by people who are educated enough to know better, as it undermines real racial profiling and that gun ownership results in a shoot first self defence policy. But its also ignoring the violence which is normalised with in some communities.

Civil war in the US would be coming from the white anti gov supporters as most groups have ex army and gun collections etc.

In ireland it depends on how many support the "gov should pay me more from taxes, owes me a house" etc v the people who are benefiting economically they are too busy working to riot.

The anti-Catholic by stealty stand the gov's have taken will be interesting as it plays out eg the dail comment read from a script, blaming lack of schools for non-relegious people on religon rather than the Dep of Ed failing to honour the consitution and support funding as is their legal entitlement. We may find that there are a lot of belivers in hiding, untill it comes to their children.

I dont think that we yet have enough social division to spark civil unrest and most of us will walk away from a violent protest. The younger generation would not have been taught about the damage our civil war did to families and communities and those directly impacted are dieing out so who knows what the future holds.

• Advertisement

I think its interesting to look at what happened at Evergreen college in 2017.

There is a lot of liberal craziness coming from the most liberal colleges in US. From telling people what costumes they can wear at halloween, to what outfits they can wear in general (cultural appropriation), to shutting down of legitimate discussions by invited speakers, to the silencing of opposition instead of beating them with ideas, to trying to change the rules to constantly suit their agenda, showing no integrity.

Its disheartening :(

Allot to pick apart in that one, i think with Evergreen they are learning that get woke go broke. It will be interesting to see what happens to it in year to come will it recover/class down.

As for the students there i would think there employment prospects in the future are very limited.

For the rest we are civil right now as its relatively easy to be but we have a violent underbelly which can be seen every weekend. As resources become sparse lets see what happens then. Its easy to have high moral standards when your comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭iptba

Ruth Bader Ginsburg offers praise to Brett Kavanaugh for hiring all-female staff
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-offers-praise-to-brett-kavanaugh-for-hiring-all-female-staff
    She is a Supreme Court judge in the US. I often wonder whether a lot of people claiming to want better gender balance simply want more women and it's not really about gender balance at all, they're just using that to further their aims.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Apologies, I missed this anon post and only approved it today, so repeating it here.
    Regular poster but would like to stay anonymous for this, if that's ok. I find it difficult enough to discuss these topics even with an Alias.

The more I read this thread the more I question my relationship with my OH. She was very controlling when it came to me spending my money. Early on we both worked, there was no issues regarding money, we had decent paying jobs. I guess it started out gradually with "are you sure you need that" and then "spending money on an experience is much better than material things". That's ok, that's her opinion. It got to the stage where I would have to hide the things I bought myself. Or if I couldn't hide it I would have to ask her and convince her "Ok then, you can get it". I felt like a child. We would fight over what I spent my money on. We would never mention what she spent her money on (regardless how many handbags and shoes she has). She simply didn't accept my opinion at all. I shouldn't have to convince anybody what I spend MY money on. We don't have a mortgage or any debt at all.

Now it's her that's purchasing things non stop. The house is filled with rubbish that we never use. It's psychological abuse I think. (There's more to it, but I don't think this is the place for that story).

Currently trying to get out of this relationship but it's not so simple. I am a stay at home dad and live in her country, she was homesick so moved to her home country and I am really struggling here. I can't just up and leave and I have literally zero friends here. The more I think about it the more miserable I become. If I didn't have my son to care for I don't think I would be here today...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Stay strong for your son, he needs you now in this time more than ever. Things are so complicated, but if you can't get closer to friends&family try exploring some reddit groups there are many people with your similar story. I think its better knowing you're not alone. Maybe you can get good advice from people in similar circumstances.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4u8fzg/seriousmen_in_abusive_relationshipsvictims_of/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/6rre0r/serious_men_who_have_left_abusive_relationships/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/ay16cj/men_who_were_in_abusive_relationships_how_has_it/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/aay571/men_who_left_an_emotionally_abusive_relationship/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/3huwjn/men_who_have_been_in_an_abusive_relationship/

Try contacting  www.anyman.ie an irish group supporting men in abusive relationships.

Confidential Support Line:
     01-5543811
    Confidential Support E-mail:
    crisis@anyman.ie
    They should be able to offer praticle support for domestic abuse, and help you find a local group.

Google controling behaviour and red flags you will see many personal historys which echo what you are experience. Read the womens ones too as they also show it has got little to do with your/her sex but that it is a personality
    And how its the combination of little things which change the romantic fairy tail start to a life which became a toixc prison.

As the saying goes when someone shows you who they are believe them.

You also need professional help so start with your doctor and explain how you are feeling.
    You do need real life suport for your current mental health.

Then once that is started look at getting help on the relationship side. You cant change  your partner. What she is doing is wrong. So you need to understand the dynamic of what is going on and if your partner is not willing to work to change you need to look at sepration.

Sepration is a big step with a child. But you being the main caregiver should help is any sex bias in a court case.

If not for yourself do it for your child. They deserve a happy childhood and this comes from a happy parent.

View Site Safely

The easiest way to prevent a record of your browsing history being found, is to browse the internet in Private or Incognito Mode. Every browser allows you to open a private browsing session window – click on File in the browser menu and choose New Private/Incognito Window. When you are done, close this window and there will be no record of your browsing history.

To delete the web history of your browser, if you did not use the above method, please follow the instructions below:

Internet Explorer: go to “Tools”, select “Internet Options”, under the “General” tab select the “Delete…” button in the “Browsing History” section, make sure that the “Preserve Favorites website data”, “Temporary Internet Files”, “Cookies” and “History” boxes are checked, then click the “delete” button.

Firefox: Click the “Firefox” button on the top left, go to “History”, then “clear History”, then click “Clear Now” in the pop-up window. On newer versions click the three lines icon on the far right and got to “History” and then “clear History”.

Google Chrome: Click the Customise button on the top right or three dots icon, go to “History”, click “Clear all Browsing data…”, ensure the first four items on the list in the pop-up window are checked, then click the “Clear Browsing Data” button.

Safari: Click the “Safari” button on the top left, go to “Clear History”, and then follow the instructions in the pop-up window.

Please note that if there is any content filtering or internet activity monitoring on your internet network, then that might track information as well.

St. Anne’s Resource Centre CLG
    Railway Street
    Navan
    Co. Meath

www.anyman.ie
    Confidential Support Line: 01-5543811
    or General Office Queries: 01-5394277

Confidential Support E-mail:

crisis@anyman.ie
    General Office E-mail:info@anyman.ie

CONFIDENTIALITY

Our service is completely confidential.

We understand it can be hard to come forward about abuse so we put your safety first. Amen Support Services complies with Children’s First Guidelines in relation to the protection and welfare of children. If you disclose information in relation to but not limited to, the possibility of you harming yourself or others, then confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.

A support worker will discuss the limitations of confidentiality if the situation arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/homicide-kills-more-people-than-armed-conflict-women-continue-to-bear-greatest-burden-936013.html

Article headline
    Homicide kills more people than armed conflict; Women continue to bear 'greatest burden'
    yet buried in the text of the article
    "The study found that most homicide victims are men, but women were more often killed by family and intimate partners.

Specifically, 81% of homicide victims were men and boys, ..."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/homicide-kills-more-people-than-armed-conflict-women-continue-to-bear-greatest-burden-936013.html

Article headline
    Homicide kills more people than armed conflict; Women continue to bear 'greatest burden'
    yet buried in the text of the article
    "The study found that most homicide victims are men, but women were more often killed by family and intimate partners.

Specifically, 81% of homicide victims were men and boys, ..."

Then traditional media wonders why people are turning away from them.

Here is the orignal study
    https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/global-study-on-homicide.html
    The executive summary makes it very hard to pull basic numbers.
    I would expect it to lead off with a breakout of the "reason" in a grid fashion. With the actual raw data numbers.
    On the top men and women and male child and female child. With a total column also.
    And along the side
    Gangs
    Political
    Robbery/Assault
    Domestic
    Local feud
    Unclassified
    Etc
    Total hom. => Men + women + male child + female child = Total number killed.

And then split by region and age etc

Its only when the reader has a clear understanding of the raw data and where social policy needs to be reviewed.

Eg women kill more young children men kill older children could mean that parents need different parenting skills and social support at different times.

• Advertisement

I try so hard to stay in the now and enjoy the moment. On Thursday, I was getting over a bad flu. Spent several nights coughing all night long. It got so bad at 4am I thought I would have to go the emergency in Tralee.

I'm on the mend now and thinking of heading to Croke Park for the football. The upcoming of a match always improves me. But I was very sick. I lost track of the number of people who said: "Ah sure, ha, ha, it's only man flu."

And they'd get another fit of laughing. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

My theory is the people who tell men it's only man flu should share responsibility for the fact so many men are reluctant to go to the doctor. The inference is men are weak and are only looking to be mammied and petted. Maybe there is a bit of truth in that too, and what's wrong with petting and mammying. We all need a bit of TLC every now and then. This woman who wouldn't be known as being particularly fond of men said: "Billy, sure you're only looking for notice."
    https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/billy-keane-theres-nothing-like-a-bout-of-man-flu-to-make-a-fella-go-looking-for-icebergs-in-the-heat-of-july-38329434.html

A third of dads (37 per cent) will not see their children on Father’s Day according to a major new poll from ComRes which was commissioned by Fathers4Justice.

It is the first comprehensive survey of public attitudes to fatherlessness and the family justice system undertaken in the UK.

When asked whether they, or someone they know, have experienced not seeing their children on Father’s Day, 37 per cent of fathers agreed.

If this is repeated, an estimated 2.3 million men will not see their kids.

One in five dads also said they fear losing, or had lost contact, with their children, with 22 per cent knowing someone who had experienced this.

Half of the public told ComRes they want Britain’s next Prime Minister to create a ‘Minister for Men’.

The survey, conducted between 29th May and 9th June 2019, also found the following:
    * One in five dads (20%) fear losing, or had lost contact with their children, following separation.
    * A third (32%) of men have suffered, or knew someone who had suffered, distress or mental health issues after being denied access to their children.
    * Six in ten (60%) think mothers who break court orders giving dads access to their kids should be prosecuted, including 54% of women.
    * 8 in 10 (80%) think there should be equal access for mothers and fathers to their children after separation, including 78% of women.
    * Three quarters (75%) back “automatic parental responsibility” for new dads even when not married, including 74% of women.
    * 43 per cent backed splitting child benefits equally between fathers and mothers.
    * Half of the public (50%) back the creation of a Minister for Men, similar to the Minister for Women and Equalities, including 48% of women.
    * Half agree (48%) that organisations like the Child Support Agency / Child Maintenance Service do not treat men equally.
    * Just 1 in 5 (21%) agreed the family courts treat fathers as equally as mothers, while double that number (40%) disagreed.
    * F4J has one of the highest rates of awareness of any UK campaign group, with 4 in 5 people (80%) aware of the campaign, compared to 89% for Amnesty International and 94% for Greenpeace.
    https://www.fathers-4-justice.org/2019/06/12044/

The first statistic looks like it might not be accurate as it mixes an individual themselves and someone they know. Also it looks like it combines this year and previous years.

I see somebody has picked up on this on Twitter:
    The figure for fathers who had ever not seen their kids on a fathers day was 21%. There was no question asking about *this* father's day.

But indeed, just another award aimed at helping females. It looks like it is a Europe-wide competition.

https://www.meet-and-code.org/ie/ie/award2019
    Meet and Code Award 2019

In 2019, we will present the Meet and Code Award for the second time to honor particularly successful event ideas. By highlighting these best-practice examples, we want to encourage others to come up with even more new ideas. Because digital education concerns us all. It is only when we all work together that things can change. We're looking for the best ideas in four categories and an audience favorite.

Award Categories

The four categories of the Meet and Code Award 2019 are aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Meet and Code is looking for events that contribute to those goals and combine them with the idea of IT and Coding.

Girls do IT!

The topic of equal opportunity and gender equality plays an important role in today’s society. This award category aims to help close the gender gap in IT and Coding. We are looking for creative events that break down gender stereotypes and empower girls in coding. Examples for events in this category could be “Robotics for girls” or “Code like a girl with Snap!”.

https://www.meet-and-code.org/ie/ie/about
    Behind Meet and Code

Behind Meet and Code are SAP, Haus des Stiftens gGmbH and the respective country partners of the TechSoup Europe network. SAP enables the Meet and Code initiative through financial support and other resources for nonprofits.

Its really only a european wide advertisement. Playing on the hot button of the day.

Must be **** being a girl and knowing your so **** that they need a token award for you.

Here's the latest batch of gender-related hashtags I have noticed trending for anyone interested (I know some are not)
    (Aside: I'm not on Twitter 24/7 of course and don't look back at lists for when I wasn't on)

Really, not many hashtags to report on but considering there are a number of Twitter ads, I thought I might post now, so the post doesn't get too long.

Twitter ad:
    https://twitter.com/balanceinbizie/status/1136030438743564294?s=11

Twitter ad:
    (Could be seen as a nice ad on being a father or a subtle ad to encourage men to buy an insurance policy)
    https://twitter.com/avivaireland/status/1139549215464579072?s=11

#FathersDay

#womensinspire

Twitter ad:
    https://twitter.com/aigireland/status/1143119193799307265?s=11

Twitter ad:
    https://twitter.com/aigireland/status/1149302509317570563?s=11

Twitter ad:
    https://twitter.com/aigireland/status/1154391038129295360?s=11

Twitter ad:
    https://twitter.com/threeireland/status/1157214454276337665?s=11

I wasn't sure which thread to post this to. Just some random thoughts.

Megan's Law

I just watched an episode of CSI series 8. A man has ended up on the sex offenders register because when he was high on drugs 10 years ago, he thought he was in a cartoon and went outside and started to dance naked. Unfortunately for him children saw him and he was placed on the sex offenders register.

Basically his life ends up ruined.

This is in the US but I think we are moving towards such a situation in Ireland. It just made me think that there needs to be safeguards with such laws. But I don't have much confidence in many politicians arguing in this direction. A lot of the population were against gender quotas in politics but apart from Joanna Tuffy, politicians were generally afraid to be seen to be against such proposals and they have been adopted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Interestingly enough, a lot of countries would have most of their men put on sex offenders lists due to a lot of public nudity. Germany, Spain and Italy are some of the places that I can think of.

As a sidenote it's nice being in a foreign country. I do miss the Irish women, but it's nice walking around a public park, going to a family restaurant, or sitting down near a playground* without somebody sizing me up, staringe down or asking of any of those children are mine.

I probably come across as a spastic as I haven't list my Irish paranoia around women

*I hate that I have to say this, but playgrounds are everywhere where I am and I've actually stopped noticing them as places to avoid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

it's nice walking around a public park, going to a family restaurant, or sitting down near a playground* without somebody sizing me up, staringe down or asking of any of those children are mine.

Not sure what your point is tbh. Are you saying that you cannot do this in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Not sure what your point is tbh. Are you saying that you cannot do this in Ireland?

The parks here are actually interesting in that there are playgrounds every 300 metrs (5-10 minute walk) or so. So, it's not really like a park and more of a family place I guess? Honestly, there's no doubt people would be giving weird looks to a twenty something guy sitting near a playground. It;s seen as masculine to be part of the child's life and, tbh, there are some top notch fathers here.

Yeah, the eating out could be my own anxiety tbh,

Advertisement