Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windy & Heavy Rain Watch With Possible Local Flooding (Thurs/Fri June 14/15)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

look at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ ! looks mad!
    6xSdr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

look at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ ! looks mad!
    6xSdr.jpg

It is, believe me! The rain is really heavy. Looked at aa roadwatch website there and not even a mention of any surface water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

We've 20mm of rain to this time, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

On the way home now - crazy rain and wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

gbee wrote: »

We've 20mm of rain to this time, nice.

Yup,,that about sums it up..

It's fantastic.. ;)

Great video...The sound of the rain says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    On the way home now - crazy rain and wind!

am surprised there isn't a warning out from Met Eireann - definitely a lot heavier rain than last week so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Rain getting heavy around Limerick city ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Metoalarm have 2 yellow warnings issued for south and east

aw102.jpg
    Between 30 and 40 mm of rain is expected.

aw12.jpg
    "Southeast to east winds will gust to between 80 and 100 km/hr today."

http://www.meteoalarm.eu/index3.php?area=IE001&day=0&lang=

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Getting well protected by the Mountains here!

Hardly a drop of rain here in Naas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Yes there are some notable rain shadows showing up on the radar, with a particularly obvious one in eastern Kildare and southwestern Dublin. There was one to the northwest of the Magillacuddy Reeks too earlier, and another around the Burren.

208957.png

23mm of rain today so far.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Su Campu wrote: »
    Yes there are some notable rain shadows showing up on the radar, with a particularly obvious one in eastern Kildare and southwestern Dublin.

6.2mm here so far, I saw very little rain recorded at Casement this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Yes there are some notable rain shadows showing up on the radar, with a particularly obvious one in eastern Kildare and southwestern Dublin. There was one to the northwest of the Magillacuddy Reeks too earlier, and another around the Burren.

208957.png

I'm literally a few kilometres away from the rain shadow. Driving past Leixlip and Maynooth on the M4 and it was bone dry and I had wipers fully off. Only as I approached my exit at Kilcock did I see the first few drops of rain. Less than a km up the Enfield Road and it regular rain. By the time I turned onto the back road to home, the rain was moderate to heavy and there were streams of water rolling down the sides of the road. From the point of no rain to persistent moderate to fairly heavy rain is less than 5km distance as the crow flies. My hubby was driving back to Maynooth a little while ago and it was dry there still about a half hour ago. Meanwhile I can clearly hear the rain on the roof here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

And I've only recorded 1.0 mm here in Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

was in the passenger seat being driven down youghal at about half 3. scared beyond belief. didn't realize the rain was that bad. :( spot flooding everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

And I've only recorded 1.0 mm here in Celbridge.

Only about 15km from you. I don't have rainfall readings but I can tell you that is most definitely many multiples of 1mm!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Plenty of spot flooding beginning to emerge across areas of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Plenty of spot flooding beginning to emerge across areas of Dublin.

where about? heading up that way nw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Moderate rain for the last few hours here, my flower beds are flooding!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sheets of rain coming down here with quite gusty E to NE wind. 10.8mm so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Screw it ..seems to be a shield around west dublin..light patchy rain
    D22

Only reading back through the thread now,,any reason for these rain shadows? Might be moving to Brittas soon ..maybe the weather is 'better' up there..having said not exactly being dry here today and picking up a notch now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

18.8mm In Ashford, absolutely relentless sheets of the wet stuff for the last opulent of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

Any chance of thunder and lightning in Cork tonight?

No chance. Strengthening winds, continued rain no real extremes, and we have low CAPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    Screw it ..seems to be a shield around west dublin..light patchy rain
    D22

Only reading back through the thread now,,any reason for these rain shadows? Might be moving to Brittas soon ..maybe the weather is 'better' up there..having said not exactly being dry here today and picking up a notch now as well

lashing in Lucan for last few hours.

Up to 17.2mm here now. Rain rate of 4.2mm/hr atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭friendlylady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Only wind driven spits here the last few hours, not heavy enough to even record a rain rate. Ns & St seems quite elevated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Weather Warning

Issued at 14 June 2012 - 20:45
    Warning of Heavy Rain
    Further spells of rain, persistant and heavy at times, clearing to heavy, possibly thundery showers from the west later Friday. Flooding in parts.

Accumulations including Thursday day's rain will amount to between 35 and 60mm by the end of the episode, highest values likely in the south and east.

Very windy at times also. Winds finally easing by Friday night.

Easterly winds becoming cyclonic variable on Friday.

High onshore waves also, in the south and southeast during Thursday night and Friday with the risk of coastal flooding.

met.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement