Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@Polloloca - Thanks so much for your message. I've been trying to tell him it'll be great for him and whatnot and I know he's letting her stop him just like I did when I was going the first time. I said I was going and that was that but I don't think he'll do the same.

We do live in Laois but the course he's probably going to do is in Carlow IT and it would be about 45 mins there and 45 mins back everyday.

Last time I left it did improve things a lot so I know that will work this time and that's one of the main reasons I want to go. I'm tired fighting, it's exhausting. I tried to talk to her but she was having none of it. He's going to have to make his own decision tbh as harsh as that sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Two days left in Ireland, then its Oz all alone. Im floating between waves of excitement and pure terror!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    He's going to have to make his own decision tbh as harsh as that sounds.

He'll never learn to pick himself up if he never falls Jane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

LaHaine wrote: »
    Two days left in Ireland, then its Oz all alone. Im floating between waves of excitement and pure terror!!

Oh the excitement! Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Was supposed to be working today, but I heard nothing about hours, yay! Still all comfy in bed trying to make a POA for the day , and no doubt then shell call me asking me to come to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Polloloca wrote: »
    Was supposed to be working today, but I heard nothing about hours, yay! Still all comfy in bed trying to make a POA for the day , and no doubt then shell call me asking me to come to work

Ignore her!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ignore her!

I can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Morning all! Glorious day in Cork, hope the weather holds so I can get some sun after work :)

@Jane, is your brother applying through CAO? If Athlone was his first choice and he got it, wouldn't he have to take it? As far as I remember you can't go down your list once you get an offer. Same would apply if his first choice was Carlow, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Thought I'd throw on some fake nails since I'm going to a hen tonight.

Mother of GOD. I can't do anything with them! So annoying, i'll never manage to get my tights on later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Well the Stone Roses were AMAZING. Best concert ever. My poor little body still hasnt recovered from all the dancing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Heading home today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    He'll never learn to pick himself up if he never falls Jane!

just like Batman

@SarahBeep! - I know but you should try telling my mother that.. :rolleyes:

@TeletextPear - I'm not actually sure how the CAO works tbh because it's 6 years since I did my Leaving and I only put one course down on my form.. :o Risky, I know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Ugh, why is cutting toxic people out of life so messy!? Lots of plans in the upcoming weeks look like either falling through or being very, very awkward and unpleasant. Bah.

I can thank posts now though :D

@Jane-if he gets the points for his first choice all the other choices below that fall away automatically. Same if he gets his second or third choice, etc. Have you any idea what order of preference he went with on his CAO? :)

so apparently the first press screening of The Dark Knight Rises got a standing ovation, excited! press audiences are notoriously picky with movies so if they were wowed it must be something special.

@Winter - I haven't a clue what his order of preference is tbh but I don't think Athlone was the top on either column, not 100% sure on that. He probably will get his first choice though IMO.

Someone pls tell me eyelashes grow back

@Polloloca - I lost some when I had a flare up of blepharitis. They did grow back but they grew back oddly. Nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of mascara though. Did something happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Polloloca wrote: »
    Someone pls tell me eyelashes grow back

They do, but kinda slowly ime. What'd you do?

Hope Javagal is doing okay!

I have a ton of stuff to do before work, but can't seem to detach myself from the laptop...

I got individual lashes applied last Saturday. It's never been a problem before. Have had it done loads. Have the remover oil at home and decided to take them off today. One eye came off perfectly. The second didn't, not even semi dissolved, so I kept rubbing and used ALL of the small tube of remover and when the clump came, there's over twenty of my own lashes that came out with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Day four living on lucozade. Lucozade no taste nice no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Just woke up and I'm so happy that I get to laze about for hours, eat Chinese food later and then go out and dance! (Dance badly.) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Bloody hayfever at me again grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

They do, but kinda slowly ime. What'd you do?

Hope Javagal is doing okay!

I have a ton of stuff to do before work, but can't seem to detach myself from the laptop...

Still preggers haha!!

I've just decided to forget about waiting and enjoy this time eating pizza and twinkies whilst I still can.
    Plus I found out I have a few repeats in August so a few days of study won't hurt !

Also, my bestie and I were birth partners/midwives for her cat last night.. Been sitting with my legs crossed ever since!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Girl in my running club has an 8 month old little boy and is 3 months pregnant. What's worse? They planned it this way. :eek:

Nutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeahhhhhh passed my theory test! Now to get proper driving lessons instead of driving around car parks and fields with my brother very fast.

Girl in my running club has an 8 month old little boy and is 3 months pregnant. What's worse? They planned it this way. :eek:

Nutters.

jaysus. they must like no sleep :pac:

Personally i can think of better ways of getting no sleep all night, that doesn't involve two whinging children. Imagine that for a nightmare. You'd be just barely getting over the traumatic experience of potty training one when you'd have to do the second one, they'd be hitting puberty around the same time.

Good lord, someone pass those parents some Valium.

• Administrators Posts: 53,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nutters.

You're hitting pretty close to my idea of hell there. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement