Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

At my bfs house lying in bed trying to sleep and the neighbours toddler keeps screaming :(

It barely ever stops screaming, day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I have Salt the gerbil on my shoulder and she keep trying to get into my ear and it tickles! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Christ, I have just spent over 2 hours catching up on this thread. I havn't had a chance to get online much this week with work and various stuff. So much for an early night! #Needstogetareallife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Oh and also..

Welcome back to our re-borners!

@Javagal I hope that baby moves out soon so Mammy can have a celebratory drink!

@Jane proud of you for taking the first steps towards getting where you want to be. You can do it :)

Hugs, cake and kittehs to those that need them <3

Lola92 wrote: »
    Oh and also..

Welcome back to our re-borners!

@Javagal I hope that baby moves out soon so Mammy can have a celebratory drink!

@Jane proud of you for taking the first steps towards getting where you want to be. You can do it :)

Hugs, cake and kittehs to those that need them <3

Thank you. :):o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Internet here is crappy... no landline one available so using mobile broadband.. eugh

Picture of my new baby..

602334_10151403598382715_2106229530_n.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Christ, I have just spent over 2 hours catching up on this thread. I havn't had a chance to get online much this week with work and various stuff. So much for an early night! #Needstogetareallife
    Reading boards for hours IS having a real life!

Isn't it? :(

Aaaaaaw, Cutie, your baby is a real cutie!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Wtb sleep

Internet here is crappy... no landline one available so using mobile broadband.. eugh

Picture of my new baby..

602334_10151403598382715_2106229530_n.jpg

Oh the cuteness!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

At my bfs house lying in bed trying to sleep and the neighbours toddler keeps screaming :(

It barely ever stops screaming, day or night.

He or she may be teething, or have colic. Or may be scared/frightened (hopefully not). Or may have special needs and have no other way of communicating. My sons only level for communicating with others was through high pitched, blood curdling screams, until he was 5. His/her parents may be at their wits end trying to get the child into routine. My son slept for one hour per night (maximum) from when he was 8 months to 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, I do that ALL. THE. TIME. Wouldn't worry about it! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Not the one I was looking for, that was two "celebrities" who would sit in a car and drive epic journeys, like Dublin to Galway. :pac:

CarPool?

My poor brother isn't having a good day at all. He's given up on trying to come to Athlone with me (guess why) and his laptop is fcuked so now he has to start saving for a new one. He was going to go see The Coronas in September (I think) and Noel Gallagher in August but now he can't. :(

42 more minutes 'til I can go home and sleeeeeeep! :D

And I think I deserve a McFlurry on the way home!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My poor brother isn't having a good day at all. He's given up on trying to come to Athlone with me (guess why) and his laptop is fcuked so now he has to start saving for a new one. He was going to go see The Coronas in September (I think) and Noel Gallagher in August but now he can't. :(

That's sad:(

I hope you'll keep on pursuing college, even without your brother:)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    That's sad:(

I hope you'll keep on pursuing college, even without your brother:)

I will keep going but I feel guilty going without him. Things can never be easy in this house.

I will keep going but I feel guilty going without him. Things can never be easy in this house.

They don't have to be easy for you to be strong enough for you to follow your heart;)

He'll be fine. I moved out long before my brother and he's many years older than me:)

They don't have to be easy for you to be strong enough for you to follow your heart;)

He'll be fine. I moved out long before my brother and he's many years older than me:)

That's true. I'm going to try my best to be in Athlone this September. It's not fair on my brother though. He was all excited last night about the prospect of moving away and having some sort of independence (even if he was going to be living with me) but things came crashing down around him when he told my mother this morning. He's applied for 2 very similar courses - one in Athlone and one in Carlow. He's probably just going to do what I did, not make his own decision and go for the Carlow one because it's 'easier'. I told him how much I regretted it and I don't think it sunk in.

/rant

That's true. I'm going to try my best to be in Athlone this September. It's not fair on my brother though. He was all excited last night about the prospect of moving away and having some sort of independence (even if he was going to be living with me) but things came crashing down around him when he told my mother this morning. He's applied for 2 very similar courses - one in Athlone and one in Carlow. He's probably just going to do what I did, not make his own decision and go for the Carlow one because it's 'easier'. I told him how much I regretted it and I don't think it sunk in.

/rant

It's his choice, which is a great thing. He's an adult, if she kicks him out/refuses to feed him, he'll still manage! Even if he wasn't living with you:)
    But, even if he makes the choice that she agrees with, let him go. You need a bit of you time. You can still go ahead and rent a room in a house:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Wisdom teeth :(

• Advertisement

It's his choice, which is a great thing. He's an adult, if she kicks him out/refuses to feed him, he'll still manage! Even if he wasn't living with you:)
    But, even if he makes the choice that she agrees with, let him go. You need a bit of you time. You can still go ahead and rent a room in a house:)

Yeah that's true I suppose. I know he really wants to come to Athlone but I can't make him as much as I'd like that.

5 minutes, 5 minutes, 5 minutes! SO EXCITED!!!! I'm going to have all the sleep and drink all the wine! :D

Novella wrote: »
    5 minutes, 5 minutes, 5 minutes! SO EXCITED!!!! I'm going to have all the sleep and drink all the wine! :D

I still haven't drank wine since my 'incident' a couple of months back.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

dfx- wrote: »
    CarPool?
    Oh my God, thank you.

*hugs dfx-'s knees*

There was serious mental torment going on there trying to remember.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They're pretty much all on Youtube and they had them as a podcast as well. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Welcome :D

When myself and my boyfriend were in London earlier this year one day we went into the city with my sister and she told us that if we blow our noses the next day
    what comes out will be black
    , neither of us believed her until we blew our noses... :(

Think she said it was to do with the underground or something.

The weird thing about this is that it stops after a while! When I moved here, for the first few weeks there was grime everywhere- when I blew my nose, in my ears, under my nails, even when I cleaned my makeup off in the evenings there would be this black gunge on the face wipe...then it just stopped, which I cannot understand:confused: My friends were the same. Have we developed a protective force-field or have we just got so accustomed to being grubby that we literally do not see it anymore??

Anyone who can explain this will be doing me a massive favour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I got no cake!!! :(

Yours was sent at a time when the cake and kitten were shipped together.

The kittens ate the cake and then escaped when the containers were opened to replace the cake. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Jane that's so sad about your brother. I suggest you keep telling him how GREAT living out of home for college is from now until the CAO offers come out, in August. Even if you recruit backup (ie, your boyfriend). Ultimately it's his own decision, but up until very recently, you thought you couldn't do it either, and now look at you, rearing to go! Still and all, even if your brother doesn't go with you, fire ahead with your own plans.

Presuming you live in Laois your mom would expect your brother to commute to college? That would be so hard. It's harder (but not impossible) to make friends, it's stressful, it's tiring and it'd cost as much as renting would. I obviously don't know your family dynamics but is there any chance you could try talk to your mom for your brother Jane?

Personally, I finished school at 17. I think at the time I had filled out my cao me and mom must have been fighting because all the colleges I applied for were literally at the futrthest points of the country and I had threathened all year I was going to England. Anyway, the college I got was the furthest away, a 4.5 hr drive. I was so happy I could have cried. My mom cried too, I'm still not sure if it was from sadness or sheer relief :D I was on a bus the next week barely even looked out the window to say goodbye to her, and I was gone. It actually did wonders for our relationship. Ours seemed a little like yours and your mom, we didn't get on, she was bossy and I felt like she was always one step ahead of me, always knowing what I was going to do before I knew myself. We were really both stubborn, highly strung, fiery, and opinionated, so it did make living together difficult, for everyone in the house.

Sorry for rambling but like I said, it improved our relationship no end. Quick 10 min phonecall every evening, and seeing her most weekends was all the intereaction we had but it was all we could tolerate. You know, the same thing could happen for you, when you're indepedent. And hopefully it will be the same for your brother. it sounds like a horrendous situation to be in, no doubt.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Quoted for evidence of sloshedness :p:D

I'm proud of my drunken ramblings! You guys didn't get my flailing about Maid Marian and her Merry Men though. I reserved that for real poor sods. Heh heh.

Also ale made my neckbackarm feel better. Result!

@brainyneuron, sorry about your job. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Saturday mornings are brilliant, reading with a virtually endless supply of tea is the perfect way to relax :)

Hope you feel better soon, SusieQ! How long have you been feeling ill? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement