Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barman with tattoos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Opticom

Karen23 wrote: »
    In my opinion Bertie Ahearn . . . . with their fancy suits and post accents are bigger scumbags than any barman I know

Hmmm you're half right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Sorry for the typo that obviously should be posh accents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

See that's just as prejudicial as me, you would just as likely pigeonhole me due to my accent, well tailored clothes and BMW.

But you would delude yourself that you are openminded, you are just as biased as i am, but i'm comfortable enough in myself to admit it, because I give not onr fvck what you or tne tattooed barman feel about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    I would not be comfortable being represented by a lawyer with tattoos, it shows they have a history of bad decisions

Hahaha the irony. You spoon!

See that's just as prejudicial as me, you would just as likely pigeonhole me due to my accent, well tailored clothes and BMW.

I never said it about you , unless you are Bertie Ahearn or a politician. My opinion of them is based on fact and not on generalisation.

Just for the record the so called barman also has well tailored clothes , manners , speaks well and drives an Audi. He just has to pull up those sleeves to make sure he's not pigeon holed as small minded and illogical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

Really? Peoples biggest problem is being served with someone who has tattoos?

I know people said they don't mind but what do people with tattoos give off?

After all they are just people with art etc. on their skin.

If the only thing we had to worry about was people being served with a person that had tattoos, we

would be a happy nation.

Just stupid that people look at this as a problem.

TBH I couldn't care if my dentist / doctor was head to toe in tattoos as long as they done

their job right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Opticom

Actually give me the tattooed barman anyday.
    At least with him what you see is what you get.

Peetrik wrote: »
    I would not be comfortable being represented by a lawyer with tattoos, it shows they have a history of bad decisions

Can you expand on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

But you would delude yourself that you are openminded, you are just as biased as i am, but i'm comfortable enough in myself to admit it, because I give not onr fvck what you or tne tattooed barman feel about me.

Bateman that you ?

Wow ur cool can I be like you when I grow up ?

Can you expand on this

The term ur fumbling for is care to expand on this ? :)

• Advertisement

No, I want to know if they Can expand on it, not whether or not they care about expanding on it

Ok, in addressing your point I would not be comfortable being represented by a lawyer with tattoos, it shows they have a history of bad decisions,
    Can you expand on this

Wow , even someone like me got this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

You couldn't give a fvck what people think of you yet here you are, bragging on one thread and telling everyone you're a psychopath on another. Get the fcuk outta here.

Can you expand on this

That you would refuse to use a lawyer because of a minor aesthetic feature that has no bearing on their ability because you feel it is a bad choice... is in itself a bad choice. Which I find ironic and hilarious.

The spoon thing was just because, after reading your posts and getting a little insight into your personality, I decided in my head that you're a spoon :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Impressions and opinions of people can be wrong , I've had impressions of people in the past and they turn out to be completely different once you get to know them.

Yeah, sometimes weather reports are wrong too. But given the choice of two orthopedic surgeons to operate on your spinal cord - one with his arms covered in tattoos, and with piercings, the other wearing a suit and looking generally clean cut - it's obvious which one the majority of people would choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Motorist wrote: »
    Yeah, sometimes weather reports are wrong too. But given the choice of two orthopedic surgeons to operate on your spinal cord - one with his arms covered in tattoos, and with piercings, the other wearing a suit and looking generally clean cut - it's obvious which one the majority of people would choose.

You should never judge a book by its cover.

No its not. Hence the debate on this thread between people who judge books by the cover and those who don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The one with the steady hands.

No its not. Hence the debate on this thread between people who judge books by the cover and those who don't.

If you want to let this guy mess around on your spinal nerves in your battle against the prejudice of human perception, go ahead - but I'm pretty sure the majority of people would choose someone looking a bit more clean cut like this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have three tattoos and have no problem with them, however in my local supermarket there is a manger there with maori tribal tattoos on both arms (despite the fact that he's irish and milky white in color) but i think it just is wrong. He wears white short sleeved shirts and pressed trousers and IMO it degrades his position. I know him personally and he's a sound fella and has been in his position/job for years but i just think a long sleeved shirt would suit his image as a manager better. I've asked him if his superiors have a problem or have ever mentioned them but they havent. He only got them done in the last few years and so when he started out in his job didnt have any tattoos at all (well at least none on his forearms that were visible in short sleeve shirts)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

The small mindedness of some people in here is just astounding. Just because someone likes to express themselves using ink you make assumptions about their character or personality?? wow, just wow.

I hope you are never in a situation where you are judged to be a scumbag or a chav or something else so derogatory, just because of what you wear, what you look like, what car you drive or whatever......

Impressions and opinions of people can be wrong , I've had impressions of people in the past and they turn out to be completely different once you get to know them.

The majority of people if they had a modicum of sense would want to know the surgeons credentials and his failure rate . His or her appearance should be the last thing on your mind when choosing a surgeon or anyone else for that matter .

Track record and qualifications foremost obviously !

If you want to let this guy mess around on your spinal nerves in your battle against the prejudice of human perception, go ahead - but I'm pretty sure the majority of people would choose someone looking a bit more clean cut like this

I'd want this guy... he's a badass and a wicked surgeon haha.

Serious answer, I'd be much more interested in a surgeons success rate than if he had a tattoo or a mole or any other factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Again, you're missing the point, or possibly missed my post on page three about this very issue.

I do know several doctors with lots of tattoos, but they are hidden from general view. You would not notice these tattoos unless they were shown to you.

So you could have two virtually identical Doctors standing in front of you, same skills and qualifications, but one of them has lots of tattoos done. You do not know which one has them, and you'll never find out.

So which do you choose?

catthinkin wrote: »
    The majority of people if they had a modicum of sense would want to know the surgeons credentials and his failure rate . His or her appearance should be the last thing on your mind when choosing a surgeon or anyone else for that matter .

Track record and qualifications foremost obviously !

You're in an emergency situation to save some of your spinal root nerves. You have just been in a car accident and have about five minutes to decide and give your consent. There is no time to check track record, history, qualifications.

50% of people who get tattoos regret their decision. The quest for tattoo removal reflects earlier poor decision making and an embarrassing stigma often perceived by the age of 40 years. A whole new profitable industry in tattoo removal has resulted.

You're in an emergency situation to save some of your spinal root nerves. You have just been in a car accident and have about five minutes to decide and give your consent. There is no time to check track record, history, qualifications.

Would you choose a brunette female doctor over a blond? One with real boobs or implants?? Split second decision.... does it matter what they LOOK like?????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The barman in question is very clean cut and actually looks more like the second pic because for work he keeps his arms covered. The question was if a barman with tattoos served you in a pub would it change your opinion of the pub or of him , would it make you not go back to that pub because this barman gave you a bad impression of the place even though he was dressed smartly ( with short sleeves ) and was polite and mannerly towards you. Or would you not even get that far , see the tattoos , think its a dive and walk out.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Again, you're missing the point, or possibly missed my post on page three about this very issue.

I do know several doctors with lots of tattoos, but they are hidden from general view. You would not notice these tattoos unless they were shown to you.

So you could have two virtually identical Doctors standing in front of you, same skills and qualifications, but one of them has lots of tattoos done. You do not know which one has them, and you'll never find out.

So which do you choose?

Im talking about facial tattoos on doctors where one can see them. Would you suggest they wear balaclavas?

Im talking about facial tattoos on doctors where one can see them. Would you suggest they wear balaclavas?

Very, very few people get facial tattoos unless it is a cultural thing (imo)

• Advertisement

BadGirl wrote: »
    Would you choose a brunette female doctor over a blond? One with real boobs or implants?? Split second decision.... does it matter what they LOOK like?????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, none of what you have described would be a compelling factor for me to choose one over the other or gives me an indication of their decision-making process.

Advertisement