Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DealExtreme.com Lucky Bags

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

If anyone feels like offloading a R4 card, PM me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Well it finally arrived, nothing amazing - no surprise there though :P
    • Baseball cap - have a home for it already
    • Bracelet - I'm sure I'll use it at some point
    • Phone/Camera lanyard - a bit random!
    • Earphones - Lady GaGa beats (fake of course) Nearly chucked them thinking they were twist ties! handy as spares
    • Angry Birds keyring
    • R4 card = how many of these did they have!!!!

If anyone wants the R4 card let me know. You're not to sell it on Ebay though!!!

It was fun while it lasted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I just found my old DSi

There is a home for the r4 card :):)

Not a waste of money after all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I just found my old DSi

There is a home for the r4 card :):)

Not a waste of money after all

You need a R4i card for the dsi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Thats what i got ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thats what i got ;)

Your sorted so :D If you have any issues setting it up, be sure to drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If anyone has an r4i they dont want, feel free to send it my way, i'll throw you a few quid in your paypal account for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Any spare PS2 mod chips about ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

ASOT wrote: »
    Any spare PS2 mod chips about ? :P

Yes, back in 2003 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

If anyone has any spare r4 cards please let me know:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gonna be a bit philosophical here lads, did you ever stop to think they may not be bags of air, but rather bags of farts.

Remember I am offering a whole €5 for anyone you wants to offload an R4i card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BragainMark888

I'l take a baseball cap off anyone's hands if they want? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

ill take the 50e from basq's first video if thats still going , oh and some bags of air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Finally got mine after 2 trips to the local depot.

White NY hat sized for some sort of bear
    Heart beats headphones with pyramid shaped ear bits
    Angry birds keyring
    Angry birds iphone case
    R4 card

My R4 had its sticker on crooked

aee03862.jpg

So i tried to fix it and the casing came off

8602cbf5.jpg
    204dbb8a.jpg

And then when i inadvertently held it under my hotair station set to 400 degrees all the components fell off, i'm such a klutz.

0fcab771.jpg

I think i'm going to return it

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

I got the usual cr*p:

Cap (size 7 1/2) :(

Puzzle :pac:

Blackberry screen protector (don't have a Blackberry) :mad:

"Dr Dre" earphones (fake) - one ear louder than other :(

A mysterious box with NDS & GBA 128, on the outside, containing a mini-cd, a plug-in game (or memory card) and a 25-pin to mini-USB converter cable - any ideas what this is for, anyone? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Can you upload a few pics of the mysterious item?
    marrm wrote: »
    I got the usual cr*p:

Cap (size 7 1/2) :(

Puzzle :pac:

Blackberry screen protector (don't have a Blackberry) :mad:

"Dr Dre" earphones (fake) - one ear louder than other :(

A mysterious box with NDS & GBA 128, on the outside, containing a mini-cd, a plug-in game (or memory card) and a 25-pin to mini-USB converter cable - any ideas what this is for, anyone? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Sending out the same sh1te to everyone was a really poor idea. I mean how many people will be buying it again?

Obviously in these things most people will be disappointed but if even a couple of people got good packs and the items were random I'd be suckered into the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭stesaurus

marrm wrote: »
    I got the usual cr*p:

Sounds like the original DS homebrew card. It used the GBA slot and you needed a special converter to hook it up by usb to get games etc onto it.

Something like this?
    promo_shot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Can you upload a few pics of the mysterious item?

Here goes (first time I've tried this)

20120628174556805.jpg

just in case nothing comes out above:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/20120628174556805.jpg/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was just going to say that, I had an EZ Flash II back in the day in my GBA, think I paid about €60 for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Where the hell did you get the manic miner mug from!!!! WANT!!!!!!

Just saw this on adverts!!! In case you still want one!!

http://www.adverts.ie/kitchen-appliances/heat-changing-manic-miner-mug/1741553

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

So... I was going to hide my shame and not post here, but the latest response from Deal Extreme has annoyed me.

I went for the $57 Lucky Bag. I know, I know - but the $18 bag had sold out at that stage and I was hoping it was going to be like the first iBood Mystery Box where everyone got cool stuff. (There was a promise of remote control cars in one of the ads for the Lucky Bags, after all!) To me, Lucky Bags are mostly about the gamble and fun of getting stuff you're not expecting anyways.

I never suspected DX would out-Boffer Boffer, but they did!

I got:
    1 x TTDSi card
    1 x 4 GB memory card/sticks
    1 x pen laser (without batteries)
    1 x Mp3 player
    1 x blackberry case

:eek:

That's not even worth $47 - the supposed value of the $18 bag.

So I wrote a very polite email to them, suggesting they sent the wrong bag. They didn't seem to understand what I said, telling me to sell on the goods if I wasn't happy.

A little pissy for a first response, so I assumed it was poor translation and they couldn't see or make out the pictures of the items in the bag that I sent them.

So I outlined the contents with comparisons... because I was still under the impression there had been a mistake.

So the comparisons were as follows:
    If it was one of the more expensive 4GB memory cards, they are still available on DX at $11. (It wasn't a Hello Kitty one, but you get the idea)

I said the laser is more than likely the $9 model still sold by DX.

The Mp3 Player is not exactly the same as, but is like the small black one without any internal memory that currently sells for $7.70.

The TTDSi used to sell for $5.10 on DX, but that came with a SD card reader which was not included with the one I got.

The old Blackberry case was a horrible pink affair with a tacky keyboard - I couldn't find anything equivalent, but I guess it may have been on sale for $15 if I'm very generous.

I asked them to let me know if I was mistaken - if they could tell me how the items came to $114 in value - which is what they were supposed to in the Lucky Bag I bought.

I was always ready to lose the $57 - that's part of the game - but today they offered me a refund of $7 and told me to 'drop it'! :eek:

I hadn't even asked them for a refund - just the right Lucky Bag.

So, I guess I have to decide now do I fight on to get a few extra dollars back (to DX itself), do I enter unknown territory and send an email to one of the many Chinese consumer bodies (who probably wouldn't do anything based on a letter in English anyways) or do I just accept I can't win and pull an Enda on it pretending the $7 is some great victory I earned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

This whole thread reminds me of the Simpsons when Lisa sells a rock to Homer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

psicic wrote: »
    So, I guess I have to decide now do I fight on to get a few extra dollars back (to DX itself), do I enter unknown territory and send an email to one of the many Chinese consumer bodies (who probably wouldn't do anything based on a letter in English anyways) or do I just accept I can't win and pull an Enda on it pretending the $7 is some great victory I earned?
    I'm curious, what did you end up doing psicic?

sillymoo wrote: »
    I'm curious, what did you end up doing psicic?

Oh, I gave up and took the $7. I needed to get something else from the site, so I thought $7 is better than nothing.

Apparantly they're now offering $7 to most people who lodge a complaint with them about the Lucky Bags.

Still, the green laser thing has turned out to be more fun than I thought it would, so it's not all bad! :pac:

Anyone else here get a refund/a second lucky bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

anyone wanna unload a r4 card , hat or lazer pm me . looking for one for my litter bro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Sappy404

conor2ka wrote: »
    anyone wanna unload a r4 card , hat or lazer pm me . looking for one for my litter bro

Hey bro, you looking for a hat for your litter?

Cats_in_a_hat.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

psicic wrote: »
    Oh, I gave up and took the $7. I needed to get something else from the site, so I thought $7 is better than nothing.

Apparantly they're now offering $7 to most people who lodge a complaint with them about the Lucky Bags.

Still, the green laser thing has turned out to be more fun than I thought it would, so it's not all bad! :pac:

Anyone else here get a refund/a second lucky bag?

I just wouldn't use them again if that happened to me. Most stuff they sell is on ebay for cheaper anyways

I just wouldn't use them again if that happened to me. Most stuff they sell is on ebay for cheaper anyways

Yup. I've gone back to eBay big time. Unfortunately, I promised my Dad this OBD2 scanner and, with the credit, it worked out a bit cheaper than eBay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement