Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DealExtreme.com Lucky Bags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Ms Happy wrote: »
    20 handbags!! were they good/crap?

o/t but...

Meh, some were cool - I think they were left over from a specific bag of crap that was to do with bags - there was a really nice carpet bag, there were these snazzy sideways opening briefcase/writing desk things, but most were a little cheesey. Some were obviously some sort of knock-off of designer labels, none of them seemed to be of great quality but the majority seemed quite okay.

If I were a girl, aged anywhere between 6 and 60 I probably would have been delighted - a bag of every colour under the sun.

As a man, it was more than a little disappointing.

I did get some good stuff from them at the start, but they easily spent a year circling the drain, offering the same ten products over and over - and that translated into underwhelming bags of crap when they finally did come along. I have a box sitting across from me full of skype phones and other rubbish they sent in bags of crap that I keep meaning to bring to secondhand shops or put on jumbletown.

I just have this fear I'm about to enter a similar masochistic spiral with DX...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah i think they should have had a gender specific lucky bag like you got as a kid
    Blue for boys and pink for girls
    do they still do those btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah i think they should have had a gender specific lucky bag like you got as a kid
    Blue for boys and pink for girls
    do they still do those btw?

I haven't seen the colour specific ones but the lucky bags are so bad now. Maybe I just remember them as better than they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Some friends of mine in the UK that I tipped about this at the time have started receiving their bags, no sign of mine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Thargor wrote: »
    Some friends of mine in the UK that I tipped about this at the time have started receiving their bags, no sign of mine.

Any hints on what they got??

• Advertisement

iPhone case and a DS cheatcart is all one guy saw before he ran out the door for work, he said there were other boxes but he had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Haven't received mine yet either, really hoping for no iPhone stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Oracle wrote: »

such a load of crap

Uh-oh, not looking good for the cheapo bags...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

wow that was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

FFS and that was a dear lucky bag ??
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Shame to see trash like this for a $57 bag...

.. for those of who dismissing the idea of lucky bags / boxes, I remember being hugely impressed with an iBOOD Lucky Box.

That's as bad as the Boffer sack of crap!!

Oh dear :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rough exchange that was about €45! I would be sick.... if you wanted exactly those items you probably pay half that amount :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

The most expensive and useful gadget is the envelop

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Mandzhalas wrote: »
    such a load of crap

If that was the $57 :eek: what are we getting on the $18 probably less crap? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

O man, glad I skipped this one

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

holy crap ........................some crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://deals.dx.com/team.php?id=1787

Think I will hold off ordering for a while yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Mine Arrived, dissapointed with it ...

IMG_20120620_122620.jpg
    • A torch, looks decent actually, just need a special 3.7V battery for it
    • Blackberry phone housing. Does anyone want this?
    • Angry Birds Teddy
    • Credit card 4GB Memory Stick
    • MP3 Player

To be fair.. that looks about €15 worth of stuff. Not much more, not much less!

I'd be well pissed off if I got the €45 bag with a bag of angry birds and a fecking laser pen! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thought better of ordering something un-seen where they decide the cost of the goods.

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://deals.dx.com/team.php?id=1787

Think I will hold off ordering for a while yet!!!

agreed!!! 250 dollars, no thanks!

The crazy thing is over 60 people have bought it!

Still no sign of mine yet.

Just had a brainwave ... under EU regulations couldn't you cancel the order when you receive it? Then return it and get a refund. Under Distance Selling Regulations I think you've at least 10 days cooling-off before you accept the order.

You would be eligible for cost of postage to return it to DX..

.. so hard to know whether it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oracle wrote: »
    Just had a brainwave ... under EU regulations
    I am pretty sure that only applies to inter EU trade, and these would have come from China, unless it was via that new UK or EU warehouse, not sure what happens in that case.

And postage would be very high as mentioned. I remember getting some heavy item from China and to post it to myself, to dublin from dublin, would have cost a lot more than the item in the first place (including its postage) -let alone sending back to China. This is why it would be so difficult to set up an ebay business based in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Basq wrote: »
    To be fair.. that looks about €15 worth of stuff. Not much more, not much less!

I'd be well pissed off if I got the €45 bag with a bag of angry birds and a fecking laser pen! :rolleyes:

Maybe the laser pen can cut through adamantium...

• Advertisement

I still think it would be worth while to cancel, the postage could be got around: http://help.dx.com/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.ashx#How_do_I_cancel_my_order_29

Advertisement