Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DealExtreme.com Lucky Bags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Honestly I don't get the moaning on here. What the heck did you all expect. Really at this stage you should know that you're highly unlikely to get anything worthwhile from a 'lucky' bag.
    *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Honestly I don't get the moaning on here. What the heck did you all expect. Really at this stage you should know that you're highly unlikely to get anything worthwhile from a 'lucky' bag.

Don't think everyone was expecting fantastic contents, it's the level of crappiness :pac:

The fake earphones, sunglasses were not something I thought would be in it.

Sure it's only a bit of craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Basq wrote: »

Is that why everyone buys? In the hope that this will happen again? Maybe that was the bait so people would buy more and they'd make back any losses on the first bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Is that why everyone buys? In the hope that this will happen again? Maybe that was the bait so people would buy more and they'd make back any losses on the first bag?

different websites

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I know that but I'm just wondering if dealextreme ever did this before. Ye know a great bag then lots of poor bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone has an R4 card going I will give them a shiny €5 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ryan2me

Should probably put up the real (less exciting) one..

PS - the Oakley case actually has some glasses (Oakley branded! :rolleyes:) in it that I quite like... never even checked. Oh, and I know it's an R4 card. When I see R, I think Region, due to DVD's.

Girlfriend's happy enough with Angry Birds stuff, baseball camp will do for the nephew and glasses will do for the car. R4 card might go up on Ebay as I already have a DSL I never use.

Can I have the bag of Air please??? I'll pay upto 80$ :P

Ryan2me wrote: »
    Can I have the bag of Air please??? I'll pay upto 80$ :P
    Join the queue pal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ryan2me

Join the queue pal! :D

250$ - my final offer lol :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

"Bags of air...love them"

Bahahaha, brings back memories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Truth be told.. I got a heat changing Manic Miner mug (as below) today and it came in a box with bags of air. Couldn't pass it up!

Dizzy is way cooler than JSW

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Oh I know Basq, but you're the exception it this thread it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Skerries wrote: »
    Dizzy is way cooler than JSW

I think he only 'became' Jet Set Willy after making his fortune in Manic Miner.

That mug is a future purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Still nothing :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Ms Happy wrote: »

you can check the status of the shipment on the Anpost if item already in Ireland, if not in Ireland use http://www.17track.net/IndexEn.html you should have the tracking number on the email you got or on the DX Deals jusyt click on View next to your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Truth be told.. I got a heat changing Manic Miner mug (as below) today and it came in a box with bags of air. Couldn't pass it up!

Where the hell did you get the manic miner mug from!!!! WANT!!!!!!

Where the hell did you get the manic miner mug from!!!! WANT!!!!!!
    Got it on Zavvi for about €7 last week.. it's bumped up since (€9 now).

There's also a Pacman one which I spotted in my local HMV for €6!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

Ms Happy wrote: »
    Same here, and sure I orderede before even posting it on here! Don't worry, they'll get here. Just checked and mine arrived in country on Sat. That said, as I've said already it looks like might not be end of world if they went missing judging by the photos so far!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I think I got the same stuff as you but two different caps.

Fd84O.jpg

Should probably put up the real (less exciting) one..

PS - the Oakley case actually has some glasses (Oakley branded! :rolleyes:) in it that I quite like... never even checked. Oh, and I know it's an R4 card. When I see R, I think Region, due to DVD's.

Girlfriend's happy enough with Angry Birds stuff, baseball camp will do for the nephew and glasses will do for the car. R4 card might go up on Ebay as I already have a DSL I never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

That was worth waiting for! :rolleyes:

NY baseball cap (size 7.5)
    R4 Card (what exactly does this do? My nephew has a DS... what can he do with it?
    Really poor quality Iphone 4 cover (angry birds)
    Two mystery objects - is it a a camera? and some sort of lead.. Anyone know what I can do with 'em?

6g8yed.jpg

ym25t.jpg

• Advertisement

Dutchy wrote: »
    R4 Card (what exactly does this do? My nephew has a DS... what can he do with it?
    Pop a MicroSD games and he can play pirated DS games..

Pop a MicroSD games and he can play pirated DS games..

Oh really? Well, that's not too shabby... lucky bag wasn't a waste of money if that's the case so thanks O.P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Oh really? Well, that's not too shabby... lucky bag wasn't a waste of money if that's the case so thanks O.P. :cool:

or homebrew apps/emulators :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

That was worth waiting for! :rolleyes:

NY baseball cap (size 7.5)
    Really poor quality Iphone 4 cover (angry birds)
    Two mystery objects - is it a a camera? and some sort of lead.. Anyone know what I can do with 'em?

http://i46.tinypic.com/6g8yed.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/ym25t.jpg

some form of usb cable and a ps2 laser by the look of it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

Well no surprises here, same content as everyone else - Angry Birds iPod case, green/red baseball cap (with an M on the front - size 56.8cm), R4 card thingy (R4I Gold Upgrade v1.4), random cheap ring and a phone lanyard (sp?). Have given away the case but if anyone wants any of the other parts just reply or drop me a PM with your address.

Update - everything gone except the cap which I think might be a Mexico cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If anyone is giving away a R4 card PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

6g8yed.jpg
    close up on the smaller do-hickey ?
    looks rounded...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's a USB A to B mini connector.
    Usefull for connecting some usb camera's, blackberry's, older nokia's and lots of other things that accept the usb mini (B) standard.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It's a USB A to B mini connector.
    Usefull for connecting some usb camera's, blackberry's, older nokia's and lots of other things that accept the usb mini (B) standard.

Yip, sounds about right. Handier than the PS2 laser... I think :pac:

24qpfme.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yip, sounds about right. Handier than the PS2 laser... I think :pac:

Maybe, if you have lots of stuff you need to connect up :pac:

Advertisement