Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DealExtreme.com Lucky Bags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

3psb3z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oracle wrote: »
    I still think it would be worth while to cancel, the postage could be got around: http://help.dx.com/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.ashx#How_do_I_cancel_my_order_29
    Not sure what you mean about postage?

What they are saying in your link is if you paid $57 for the lucky bag and it costed them $27 to ship it, then they are only going to refund you $30.

There was no 'free shipping' in the first place and they are not going to refund you any of your postage costs. If they did they are leaving themselves wide open for scams, e.g. I buy a $1 item, don't like it and send it back using my favourite shipping agent 'rubadub express' who charged me €10,000 to send it. Seems it can be returned to a UK address though, still will probably cost a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I think I'll leave you to work this one out for yourselves. I can see my help is not appreciated. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ms Happy wrote: »
    agreed!!! 250 dollars, no thanks!

The crazy thing is over 60 people have bought it!

Still no sign of mine yet.

I am fairly sure that number can be 'manipulated' by DX, it probably adds to the 'am I missing out on a bargain' feeling when people see that other people have bought them.

DX has been going downhill in my opinion in the last few years, would not buy anything over 20dollars off them and even then I would expect to wait a long time to receive it, and I would be even less inclined to order a bag of stuff in the hope that there is something half decent in it.

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/forum.-103

The issues people have been experiencing don't inspire confidence either.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

eamonnq wrote: »
    I am fairly sure that number can be 'manipulated' by DX, it probably adds to the 'am I missing out on a bargain' feeling when people see that other people have bought them.

DX has been going downhill in my opinion in the last few years, would not buy anything over 20dollars off them and even then I would expect to wait a long time to receive it, and I would be even less inclined to order a bag of stuff in the hope that there is something half decent in it.

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/forum.-103

The issues people have been experiencing don't inspire confidence either.

Have to agree with you on the number thing, think I've seen the same thing on Pigsback recently. Deal opens and the sold figure is at 20 or 50 very quickly.

Think this purchase will be the only one I make from them, there's a lot of better things I could have bought for €15!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They've been doing better IMO in the last 6 months. Delivery times have dropped and havent had any lemons.

I suppose I did get 12X more than I should have free on on item, so I'm likely biased :S

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think mine arrived this morning.. won't be able to check out the contents til later. Will do an video unboxing methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Mine arrived just there, got an R4 Card, Fake Lady Gaga beats, iphone 4 case(no good to me), a hat..., and a ring, R4 card is handy but thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Mine arrived just there, got an R4 Card, Fake Lady Gaga beats, iphone 4 case(no good to me), a hat..., and a ring, R4 card is handy but thats about it

Got the same...

picture.php?albumid=2144&pictureid=13193

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

got mine today as well

Baseball Cap
    Angry Birds Keyring
    earbuds
    PS2 mod chip
    bracelet

ciBX2u

7419318906_b017ec31d7.jpg
    DealExtreme lucky bag by skerries1, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,114 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

oh !!! glad i stayed away from that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

cyqYw.jpg?1

Horrible Baseball Cap
    Pyrmaid Shaped Rubix Cube
    Horrible Earbuds
    PS2 mod chip
    Horrible costume jewelery bracelet with gems that look like sheep turds

So I basically paid €12 to have a bag of sh1t delivered to my door, great. Dropped it off at the charity shop in Bray this morning.

Thargor wrote: »
    cyqYw.jpg?1

Horrible Baseball Cap
    Pyrmaid Shaped Rubix Cube
    Horrible Earbuds
    PS2 mod chip
    Horrible costume jewelery bracelet with gems that look like sheep turds

So I basically paid €12 to have a bag of sh1t delivered to my door, great. Dropped it off at the charity shop in Bray this morning.

I would have liked the modchip in mine:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Lord Bafford

pwned!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I would have liked the modchip in mine:P

you can have mine, it says modbo 4.0

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Also got mine, same as most others, the R4 Card, iphone 4 case, a Baseball Cap and headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Basq wrote: »
    Think mine arrived this morning.. won't be able to check out the contents til later. Will do an video unboxing methinks!

nike-just-do-it.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

DX has been going downhill in my opinion in the last few years..

Great for fiddly little USB adapters and cables, card readers etc.. that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Those modchips for the ps2 are incredible difficult to install, very unlikely to be a diy job and just would not worth your while getting someone to install it for you as it would be too expensive. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Lord Bafford

Should this thread not be moved to the rip off forum? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The fact that I ordered two lucky bags, one for me and someone else and they sent out EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF x2 is bulls*it.

I got 2 Rays baseball caps (not a knacker and I'm a cubs fan, useless)
    2 'Durasell' battery lighters.
    2 R4 cards (although different boxes so they must be slightly different, I'm getting a DS soon so maybe they will come in handy if i figure out what they do)
    2 pairs of monster beats earphones
    2 magic cubes
    2 iphone 4 cases
    and finally 2 angry birds keyrings

I think I got decent value, the hat is worth at least $5 to buy online I guess, the monster beats another $5 and add the other stuff plus shipping. I am not complaining about the items, just that they sent out the same stuff for both of my bags :mad:. It seems I got more than I was supposed to as well, the site says up to 5 items per bag.

Edit: Good god, the earphones are shocking quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Didn't DX stop selling R4's a while ago for some legal reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

teddy b123 wrote: »
    Didn't DX stop selling R4's a while ago for some legal reason?

Yeah, these bags are about getting rid of their stock that's not been selling, or they couldn't sell off though, from everybody's lists.

All I know is they're never getting another cent worth of business from me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I used to give DX a lot of business with my modding "business", but i found that they just got more expensive.

I now just use ebay (Im only buying personal stuff, not the same amount I was buying of DX in the past)

I open a ebay search, look for : free p&p, buy it now and sort by lowest first. Has been working well so far.

Thats exactly what I'm doing aswell, been finding a lot of the £1-2 free P&P stuff, cables, adapters etc is based in the UK these days too so you get it in a week max.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Still no sign of mine, from what I've seen I'm not looking forward to it!!

If I get an R4 card or mod chip first to ask gets it :P same goes for any kind of iPhone accessories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Are the r4s you guys are getting good for the dsi? or are they just DS ones?

Skerries wrote: »
    you can have mine, it says modbo 4.0

Hey man, just got back now, il take it if you are still giving it away :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

So, I got pretty much the same:

Green Yankees Hat: Size 7and a half
    R4 Pocket Revolution Card for the DS
    Angry Birds Keyring
    Mp3 player with headphones (TF Card Slot)
    heart BEATS headphones

Was worth a punt, not too disappointed as I didn;t expect much. Think I paid 15quid for an R4 card a few years back :P

Advertisement