Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EURO2012 - Three on the Quay

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Forecast doesn't look too promising

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Not sure if I'm going to the Living Room, seems like it4s gonna be packed to the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Friend of mine works for 3 and got 3 tickets for me. Was a bit reluctant to go after the debacle at the weekend, but she assured me that there be a much bigger and better security for tonight's game, and ticket only should keep out the riff-raff that caused all the problems before.

That being said, I worry about what a poster above said in that the louts from before will probably show up again, not have a ticket, refused entry, and start kicking up a storm.

Will get the tickets as they are free, head down early, make sure its not too crazy, and if things look like descending again take off for a nearby pub.

How's the weather in the city centre though? I'm almost in Meath in work, and it aint too pretty out here

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

beglee wrote: »

How's the weather in the city centre though? I'm almost in Meath in work, and it aint too pretty out here
    Currently pissing rain in Santry

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It's raining here too in the IFSC, beside the event venue. The sky looks pretty overcast for the rest of the evening too. There is no cover, its totally open air, so unless they have erected a tent since I walked past there yesterday folks are gonna get pretty wet. The rain might keep the troublemakers away though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

golfman wrote: »
    That's fair enough THB but she is a "verified representative" and they may have not requested to "offically post" but IMO any public communications from a "verified representative" of a company is pretty much communication from said company.

Her comments on here led me to the official announcement on the FB page and website where it was made much clearer that no more tickets were available. (I actually went over there to register - stupid me!)

I think most people, even their representatives, will look at this and see that they've made a bit of a hash of it.

There's no disputing what you say in the last sentence.

Give them a hard time on the FB page then. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Anyone bother going tonight?

did in the end. weather was shocking. so vip area was completely empty as it was miserable down there. everyone crowded under the shelter on the edge of the dock, but there were only a couple 100, no more than 300 id say

me n the missus ctually went into the ely bar in that square at half time, downstairs. nice and warm and stayed there with a small flat screen the rest of the match :pac:
    5 euro for a grand heineken in a glass was far better than 5.50 upstairs for diabolically bad carlsberg in a plastic cup

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Nice atmosphere in Living Room too, was a bit worried initially because the atmosphere on sunday was a bit edgy and there were bound to be a lot of Spanish today, but everything was really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

beglee wrote: »
    did in the end. weather was shocking. so vip area was completely empty as it was miserable down there. everyone crowded under the shelter on the edge of the dock, but there were only a couple 100, no more than 300 id say

me n the missus ctually went into the ely bar in that square at half time, downstairs. nice and warm and stayed there with a small flat screen the rest of the match :pac:
    5 euro for a grand heineken in a glass was far better than 5.50 upstairs for diabolically bad carlsberg in a plastic cup

Anyone go swimming this time?

• Advertisement

Anyone go swimming this time?

everyone was already wet enough without jumping in the water so no :D

the ocmbination of ticket only, beefed up security and the weather meant the place was empty compared to the croatia game. dunno how the italy game went, as the weather was decent, but ireland were out of the tournament so interest may have been low

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I walked passed it before kick off of the Italy game. Security was very much beefed up. The entrance was one person at a time, so swarms of people couldn't barge in at once, the way they did for the Croatia game. Bags were being checked, and admittance was by wrist band only. They had erected big fences to stop people from seeing the screens from the street & congregating there if they were denied admittance, so I couldn't see how big of a crowd there was.

I walked past it again at half time, and they were letting people in without wrist bands. So in we went. I doubt if there were more than a few hundred there. The flotilla part was open to anyone. It didn't seem to be part of a special VIP area that people we mad to get into & be kept from. There were temporary barriers put up in front of the permanent barriers at the waters edge. That meant that no one could access the water itself, so there was none of the crazy carry on from the Croatia game. So all in all, it was a much better set up than the Croatia game. It's just a shame that it was done so late, as I imagine that a lot of people stayed away due to the mess that they made of it initially. The weather and it being an all ticket affair probably didn't help either.

They should of just had this as an all ticket even from the start and had it in one of the big halls in the RDS but it was probably cheaper to do in George's Dock. I wonder did they make any money on it or just write it off as a marketing expense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wonder did they make any money on it or just write it off as a marketing expense?

Were the tickets not free?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Were the tickets not free?

They were but I was more thinking about bar sales?

Advertisement