Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EURO2012 - Three on the Quay

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

yeah it says its free in but nothing sbout drink

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I live beside the Georges Dock 3 site. If it's anything like the other events I have attended there (Oktoberfest, Christmas Market, last weekends Bavaria F1 thingy, Africa Day etc etc) or just walked past, admission is free. There are bars and food vendors dotted around so you can get your booze and grub on site. They are quite strict on crowd control though. Once they reach their quota of people allowed on site, new arrivals have to queue up to wait for others to leave before they can get in. That's not a problem if there is a steady stream of people coming and going during the day at no particular time. But on a day when matches start at set times, it could be. Get there early if you are planning on going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 liverpoolrc

The barge aint a bad place to watch the match - especially if its a decent day? - they usually have a big screen outside and you can watch across the road from the canal? It get's really packed for rugby games - haven't been there for football matches! Anyone have amy suggestions about good pubs to watch games in? - ie not too packed but good screen positions etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Saw them setting up the other day, screen looks like itll be massive

Read that its 60m x 60m! :eek:

Found a photo on twitter:

Au9Pf5WCMAI-bHG.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 karen234

Any idea how much they'll be charging for a beer?
    Thank you for starting this thread!We had no idea this was happening until I stumbled across this.No tv and no money for the pub so this is a godsend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭Three: Patrick

Hi Guys... It's free entry and with 5000 like minded supporters to cheer Ireland on, it's most certainly the place to be!

Come on down - the sun is shining!
    Any questions, give a shout on twitter - @3_News

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭Three: Patrick

Folks, if you have any questions about Three on the Quay, give us a shout on facebook.com/3football or tweet us @3_News.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Beers/Wines/Spirits.

tHB

Hi Guys... It's free entry and with 5000 like minded supporters to cheer Ireland on, it's most certainly the place to be!

Come on down - the sun is shining!
    Any questions, give a shout on twitter - @3_News
    I take it all VIP tickets are gone, so no hope of getting down onto the flotilla today by just showing up?

Also not showing the Spain vs Italy game doesn't make a lot of sesnse

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

I went down to this but we couldn't get into the main area without a wristband and the place given them out said they were all gone, despite the main section being only 10% full at the time.

Screen is too small if you're not in the main area.

Pints were €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So was anyone there last night, would you recommend it for the game on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Went last night. I'll put this in the soccer forum too. Some good points, some bad.

Good: Relatively short queue for the bar, maybe 10 minutes of a queue close to match kick off time. Screen is good, although its too low. Many shorter people would struggle to see it with taller people in front of them. Bizarrely the screen is set up facing east, so you have the sun setting west behind it which is a bit blinding. I assume those who organised it had considered this in advance and there was no other way it could be arranged, so its only a small gripe. The illumination from the screen is very good though.

Bad: Huge underage drinking and a lot of louts. I had thought it would be a family thing like you see in other countries, but most of the crowd were aged 15-18 or so and lots pretty wasted. Only saw one couple with their children and they looked a bit miserable sitting amongst drunk teenagers. Most had smuggled in bag of cans, maybe thats why the bar queues were not as bad as i thought they would be! More of an Oxegen crowd than what i had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I wanted to create a thread about this on the three forum to express my outrage at the management of this event.

I left just before the match kicked off.

Here is details of what occurred on the day for me.

Firstly shocking lack of detail provided by three as to what was happening.
    Im a three customer and received the text, didn't win premium tickets but the message said come along.
    So i assumed having been at october fest that the premium would be a small reserved area and those who arrived early would be able to get down onto the staging area.
    No those without tickets would have to stand on the walkway behind the area used for events at georges dock.

When i left at 7:30pm the walkway was packed and dangerous the premium area not even close to 1/3 full.
    So the walkway was packed but there was no visible security in it, aggressive abusive teenage drunks were allowed do as they wanted.
    I went to get noodles with my fiance a Chinese national and while walking through the crowd she got groped racially abused and had her food knocked from her hand.
    When i tried to intervene i was attacked.
    Still no sign of security/ no police.

Im disgusted first by the behavior of Irish thugs and second by three's mismanagement of this who event.
    As we left the security at the perimeter was overwhelmed and a whole load more drunk and violent people pushed past the dangerously outnumbered security staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

So was anyone there last night, would you recommend it for the game on Thursday?

I would recommend staying at home or going anywhere else unless underage violent scum is your idea of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭ooter

Wouldn't be going anywhere near this for the next 2 games,some amount of scum bags at it last night.loads of people got down on to the viewing platform without wristbands and loads of people got in to the free section with their own alcohol.
    Felt sorry for the people working at the event,they had to put up with some sh1t..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seethestars

full of junkies, scumbags and 16 year olds. Blokes starting fights with girls, got pretty messy and i wouldnt be suprised if their licence got revoked for the next two matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

I was working at it and it was chaos. I genuinely don't know if the other two will go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭ooter

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few people talking to Joe about it today..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Anyone else see the teenager in an Irish jersey walking round with a giant swastika drawn on his forehead? :eek:

• Advertisement

I would recommend staying at home or going anywhere else unless underage violent scum is your idea of fun

Yeah think I might give it miss unless I can get my hands on VIP passes. Doesnt sound like its worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Depends on what kind of atmosphere you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Sorry to hear what the above poster and his missus had to go through,that's just not right.

But in fairness I decided not to go to this yesterday morning having been chatting about it with friends. We all agreed that it would be full of scum and we weren't wrong by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 citywalk

Was there last night and it was an absolute disgrace...lot if underage drinking and absolute louts hanging around. A lot of them made it onto the premium stand and a huge fight kicked off. Stewards really should have been searching bags coming in, the place was full of scum, we left early did not feel safe there at all ....felt sorry for the staff and garda trying to deal with it all. Was embarrassed yesterday at the carryon
    Def will not be back for the other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 citywalk

I wouldnt even bother even if you do get the VIP tickets...we had them and there was massive fights down there too...a load of louts made their way onto the premium stand without wrist bands, not enough security to even break up the fight. Was an absolute disgrace. Full of underage knackers drinking and causing hassle...def will not be back for the other games. Pity becuase it would have been good fun if you could keep the scumbags away

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Full of drunk knackers but would you expect anything else given the location, the weather mixed in with the fact it was a late kick off and they'd had all day outside drinking cans?

I managed to sneak into the VIP area and it was a lot better than the general area. Would go again, but only if I was going to be in the VIP.

Have to say I was very entertained by the lads jumping into the water - madness, did you see how shallow it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Wasn't it meant to be a family friendly event?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

They should have opened the sluice gates on those boys. Would've been some fun then.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

They should have opened the sluice gates on those boys. Would've been some fun then.

I know 2 people who have swam in there before, both got ear infections for their trouble:D

• Advertisement

Looks like a lot of people went full retard, I'd say the water in the dock is absolutely filthy. When there is nothing on they leave it empty and the stench out of it is unreal!

Advertisement