Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EURO2012 - Three on the Quay

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Yeah it has been poorly advertised alright. Myself and my mates are thinking about it but a bit worried it will be too packed with bad views and unable to hear commentary. Also important is that they show the spain/italy game beforehand.

Might just stick with the living room pub but it could be a nightmare also unless you arrive around lunchtime I reckon........

shampar wrote: »
    The Grand Social on Liffey Street in Dublin City Centre is screening all of the UEFA Euro Football games for free this year!

Well I should hope so for free! All pubs are showing it for free :confused::confused:
    Pubs will get enough business over the bar and I doubt anyone would go to a pub that is charging entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

I'll probably head down and if it's no good then find somewhere else. Hoping to watch the first one in a good spot as it's the only group match i'll see here. Will be watching the other 2 in the stadium :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pedantic.pat

Its in Georges Dock so i presume its where they have the Oktoberfest. I was interested in going when i heard about it at first but i have the same concerns as petethebrick that it will be overcrowded. Went to Oktoberfest last 2 years there was a queue for over an hour to get in. Not on for queuing for few hours in cold when i can go to a warm pub with a pint of the black stuff.

Anyone know are there any other open air fanzones with big screens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Austo77

My brother just won VIP tickets to this. I'm kind of hoping he doesnt offer me one, as most things down at that site are usually badly organised, overcrowded and ****e.

• Advertisement

Austo77 wrote: »
    My brother just won VIP tickets to this. I'm kind of hoping he doesnt offer me one, as most things down at that site are usually badly organised, overcrowded and ****e.

I won these as well. I'm a little dubious however as it seems every second person who applied also got a pair of VIP tickets so don't know what the story is with them......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Me and the missus both applied for the VIP tickets and neither of us won :(

We both work very close to Georges Dock so still might go watch it. I reckon we'll see how its shaping up on the night and if it looks like its going to be a crap view/atmosphere then we'll just go to a pub nearby and watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

We both work very close to Georges Dock so still might go watch it. I reckon we'll see how its shaping up on the night and if it looks like its going to be a crap view/atmosphere then we'll just go to a pub nearby and watch it

How did you go about applying for tickets? Cheers!

How did you go about applying for tickets? Cheers!

There was a page on 3football.ie (Its gone now as the competition is closed). You just stuck in your phone number and email address, you didn't have to be with three but it seems it didn't help that me and the missus were?

I actually thought the whole event was ticketed and thats what we were applying for, turns out it is was VIP area!?

As others have already said the information on this whole thing is very limited and its seems to be just passing by word of mouth mostly. Most likely they are worried far too many will turn up and they would have to cancel it on the night by order of the Guards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Yeah - the info seems very sketchy about the event. I reckon I'll avoid in favor of a decent pub in town - the last thing I want is to be stranded in a queue when Robbie knocks in the winner for us :)

• Advertisement

What pubs do people recommend for the matches if not going to this?

The Dungeon Sinnotts is not somewhere I would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

The Living Room seems a popular choice with alot of people I know,was going there myself but in 2 minds now. Although you want a great atmosphere you don't want to be queing up for 45 mins to get a gargle !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Living Room ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

If anyone does not want VIP tickets they were allocated I'll gladly take em off your hands and put them to good use! PM me if you want to off load them to a good home!

Where is the living room or is that a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Was just about to ask this. Wanna go somewhere where gonna be a good buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

it's on cathal brugha st off o'connell st, used to be called Frazers i think?

woodseb wrote: »
    it's on cathal brugha st off o'connell st, used to be called Frazers i think?

Ah the place that shows all the Spanish matches etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

budgemook wrote: »
    Ah the place that shows all the Spanish matches etc?

yep, it's usually packed to the rafters for big european games, i'd say it'd be a good place for the irish games if a little wedged

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

CL Final night was mental in there. Out in the smoking area is a big stand where you can sit infront of a big screen for the game,nearly like being at the game :P

If you wanted a seat there i'd say get there early

• Advertisement

Construction started on this today. Looking like its going to be a massive screen. Here is what I reckon the set up will be...

207996.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Can we make this a generic thread about where people are watching the match? Don't really want to start a new one. Few of us are heading into town and I want to go somewhere with a bit of atmosphere, but not somewhere that I'll be queueing days for a piss/pint. But maybe the two are mutually exclusive.

Where is everyone else going, and where do ye recommend? I was thinking of McGrattans maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Think the screen will survive the winds we're getting?
    Any idea if the VIP area will have a bar?

caff wrote: »
    Think the screen will survive the winds we're getting?
    Any idea if the VIP area will have a bar?

Heres a pic I took earlier, that blue portacabin is bar, looks to be about 3 or 4 set up around the place. Note the black hoarding around the sides, must be to stop people watching with a bag of cans away from the security?

208139.jpg

Can we make this a generic thread about where people are watching the match? Don't really want to start a new one. Few of us are heading into town and I want to go somewhere with a bit of atmosphere, but not somewhere that I'll be queueing days for a piss/pint. But maybe the two are mutually exclusive.

Where is everyone else going, and where do ye recommend? I was thinking of McGrattans maybe?

I started this thread and have no problem with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Seems there's a thread already. I should have been less lazy and looked proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Folks,

Anyone know what the craic with this is for the match on Sunday? The website doesn't give too much away. This is from 3's website:

''George’s Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1 June 10th, 14th & 18th from 5pm onwards.
    Shane Long, Stephen Ward and Richard Dunne are calling on the people of Ireland to show their support for the team at three free festival events for supporters. Watch every Ireland match live with your friends and family on the big screen.

Three on the Quay takes place at The Big Screen at St George’s Dock, IFSC, where 5,000 fans will have the chance to gather to support the team in each of their matches at the ultimate fanzone.

The event will open from 5pm with matches kicking off at 7.45pm. Enjoy a host of entertainment; food and drinks concessions, penalty shoot-out games, a DJ, street performers and face-painting.

Enjoy the live games, the big screen and the free entry only at Three on the Quay. So bring yours to Three on the Quay and be the 12th man for the boys in Green.''

What beers will they be selling, is there a cover charge.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I doubt there will be a cover charge cos it says free entry. I haven't heard anything about it. Was looking for somewhere to watch the match on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

I'm gonna be there in the Docks for the first game and hope it's not gonna rain too much. Next games I'm watching locally. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

let us know what its like if your able to i only live up the way uts its still a bit of a walf!! :)
    KingK wrote: »
    The Living Room seems a popular choice with alot of people I know,was going there myself but in 2 minds now. Although you want a great atmosphere you don't want to be queing up for 45 mins to get a gargle !!!

the livin room will be packed, iv been there for a few matches and the que to get a pint in unreal!!! seen a fight break out over someone skippin ffs:rolleyes:
    i dont think theyll charge in cause i was in there yestreday for the poland game and they didnt charge, also that was packed aswell!!

if it was packed for the champions league final i say it will be worse for the ireland match !!

im still curious about the the quay canal showing? is it byob ?do you have tp pay in or what ?

Advertisement