Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    Alas that's not always the case, especially when you're dealing with open world games with a wide variety of systems in different environments. Optimisations can always be made at a late stage but in the end, graphical niceties are always easier to scale back than features or core functionality are to cut. One way to fix all of this is, of course, to not show off your game until it's further along in development but then again, we're dealing with one of the most hyped up games / new IPs in recent memory so there's an argument there that it could be deemed worth it to have shown it off when it did, despite the negative press the title has gotten recently for the supposed "downgrade".

It hasn't gotten out of control though, there have been three notable instances in the last year where earlier footage of a game was shown to not have been reflective of the finished product. Of those three, Colonial Marines is the only one which is even remotely deserving of the term "lie" for the footage shown, so much so that there's still an on-going class action lawsuit going on in the US over it. Watch_Dogs isn't even out yet so we have no idea if the early footage is more indicative of the PC version or whether the whole thing has taken a hit in their push to be a cross-generation game. Similarly, Dark Souls 2 PC version may yet restore some of the excellent lighting shown in the pre-release footage, in which case it would be more of an indictment of the capabilities of their engine and the last gen of consoles than any form of outright "lie" on their part. I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks, 2 days and 20 hours either way. :)

One of the reasons I dont play much of DS2 on PS3 anymore. I dont want to burn out. I will check reviews first though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

gizmo wrote: »
    I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks, 2 days and 20 hours either way. :)

Isn't it out on May 27th?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

.ak wrote: »

april 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

april 25th

I presume one of you is talking about Dark Souls 2 and one of you is talking about Watch Dogs, Watch Dogs is out May 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

april 25th

I sense confusion.

Dark Souls 2 for PC is out april 25th

Watch Dogs is out on May 27th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Season Pass info leaked. Sick of season passes.
    http://go.ign.com/1itngMW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Season Pass info leaked. Sick of season passes.
    http://go.ign.com/1itngMW

if dark souls had a season pass
    I don't think anyone would mind tbh:pac: they'd make twice as much as their getting now

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    if dark souls had a season pass
    I don't think anyone would mind tbh:pac: they make twice as much as their getting now

Cmon now, Dark Souls is in a league of it's own, I'm already itching for DLC to be announced for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Do you think there will be much difference in the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PeteK* wrote: »
    Do you think there will be much difference in the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game?

Just the graphics, although some will say that is not much of a difference, both come with the exclusive content as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So a 6 month delay and it's still not enough time to get eveything in there so they release it as DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

In fairness both Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us are 2 recent examples of games that had delays and had season passes..

And I would say there wasn't a whole pile of work done on that content until the main game was complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So a 6 month delay and it's still not enough time to get eveything in there so they release it as DLC?
    You're going on the assumption that the reason said content isn't included in the main game is because they didn't have enough time to finish it before release rather than it being specifically developed for DLC. Just because the game has been delayed for six months doesn't mean this content will suddenly become part of the main game.

To use a similar example, if ACIV had been delayed by a month or two, do you think Freedom Cry should have been bundled in with the main game instead of being offered as DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

DLC isn't stuff that they didn't have time to make, it's almost always planned from the beginning to just be stuff they release later on to get some extra money without the middle man of retailers. It's a bit like assuming they didn't show us all 10 episodes of the new season of Game of Thrones this week because they haven't shot 9 of them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

DLC is for making extra money. I'm not against it, some DLC can be a great addition to the game. I don't see different outfits or a new gun as something worth paying for. Especially in PC gaming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

PC footage. Looks good, anyone think it's much better?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks pretty good. Will be interesting to see how the next gen console version compares to the pc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

CatInABox wrote: »
    PC footage. Looks good, anyone think it's much better?

Looks better than consoles, no doubt there. But, it is not the same as E3 2012. The environment looks quite empty and the character models (other than Aiden) are clunky and very GTA-looking. I think I will wait for the reviews on the game-play before I buy...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It was confirmed today that the PS4 version will be 1080p, the XB1 version has not been confirmed yet.

Do you think it's worth getting when I only have 4GB of RAM? Though thinking of increasing anyway since seems other games need/will need it

• Advertisement

Sick of seeing 'ooohhh we are working hard with Nvidia to make the PC version the best. I can understand that when compared to PS3/360 but the PS4/One should be on the same par. Is this just their way of explaining the downgrade in graphics when everyone knows the original ran on a PC?

They should have concentrated on next gen/PC instead of a muddle of low (last gen) medium (next gen) and high (pc) graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Sick of seeing 'ooohhh we are working hard with Nvidia to make the PC version the best. I can understand that when compared to PS3/360 but the PS4/One should be on the same par. Is this just their way of explaining the downgrade in graphics when everyone knows the original ran on a PC?

They should have concentrated on next gen/PC instead of a muddle of low (last gen) medium (next gen) and high (pc) graphics.
    The reason it's an nVidia demonstration is because they're showing off nVidia-only techniques such as TXAA and HBAO Plus. Neither of these techniques would be available on the next-gen console versions for obvious reasons and it's essentially a marketing push anyway. Of course, that's not to say the general graphics fidelity levels won't be higher on the PS4 and XBox One.

The game has been in development since 2009 so given both the duration and scale of development, there's no way they could have concentrated on next-gen only platforms.

If you want a next-gen only Ubisoft game then just concentrate on The Division. :)

Aw yeah the division looks something else altogether. Will be very interesting to see if this lives up to all the hype. Definitely getting it anyway, will be nice to blow the dust off the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Well the game was made for PC. For most of it's development they didn't know what kind of specs they'd be dealing with on the next generation of consoles so it's hardly their fault if the PC version turns out to be the best in terms of visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Will people still be getting this next month? PS4 or what ever you play?

Aw yeah ps4 gathering dust at the moment will be nice to put it to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Aw yeah ps4 gathering dust at the moment will be nice to put it to use.

Same as mine, hope this game will be as good as it first looked so I can get my money's worth out of this PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I might get it on PC or xbone. Haven't decided which yet. It will probably look a lot better on PC.

I may wait for the Wii U version since I'm in no rush to play anyway and then see what features the pad adds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I might, but only after Reviews and some proper Gameplay footage and a few youtuber "first looks" etc. Most likely I will buy it on Pc over PS4 as it will be Best version and less then 30eu. No way I am buying it for PS4 at 70eu.

Advertisement