Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I love when games have better graphics than real life :)

Ha ha! Much better lighting effects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya looks good.

Anyone know the cheapest price for the PS4 version is?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,635 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

screenshot of the controls. Hopefully you can swap the r2 & l2 buttons to r1 & l1. I hate using to triggers for aiming and shooting.

Bl9um5SCUAAp9cQ.jpg:orig

Also, in car view. Apparently all cars will have a blurred interior. Pity really but seeing as actual racing games leave out in car views sometimes, still impressive.

shot0007frjlv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Falthyron wrote: »
    Ok, this has convinced me to buy Watch_Dogs. Pre-ordering as soon as it appears on Steam. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/watch-dogs-9-minute-multiplayer-gameplay-demo/2300-6418467/

Watched some of a single player preview the other day and was quite dissappointed. However this video does a much better job at getting me excited for this. I wonder if real multiplayer games will actually play out like these demos though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Cheapest PC Pre-order guys?
    Haven't bought a new game for months, may as well check this out, could be a turd could be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheapest PC Pre-order guys?
    Haven't bought a new game for months, may as well check this out, could be a turd could be great!

I think it's €22 on G2a.com

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think it's €22 on G2a.com

Must have gone up, it's approx €28 now! Is there a discount code or something?

Must have gone up, it's approx €28 now! Is there a discount code or something?

No they do weekly specials so I must have saw it on that. Sorry man

No worries, still a good price. Have you used that site before? No issues with regions or anything?

• Advertisement

No worries, still a good price. Have you used that site before? No issues with regions or anything?

Yea I got fifa 14 and a few lots of xbox live. Tales about 20 mins for the codes to come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I love when games have better graphics than real life :)

10150816_636540259761504_7616569891820690659_n.png

Wow, the fact that they rendered real Chicago buildings makes me want to play it more, especially after Assassin's Creed 4's rubbishy looking Montreal view. But I still don't want to pre-order on Uplay instead of Steam...

Trophies/Achievements leaked.

One is called Hello World :pac::pac::pac:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/watch-dogs/achievements/

Also, looks like another online mode called 'Tailing'. Sounds like you invade another guys game and have to follow him for a set amount of time. As much as I hate tailing missions in games, it actually sounds good with a real person. Also very creepy that someone could be following you at any time you are playing the game.

So there will be hotspots around the city (trophy related as well) where you can leave gifts for other players hhmmmm. Not a fan of checking in and becoming mayor, hate that facebook shyte.

S9UPFRv.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is it me or is anyone else getting less excited about this game as the release date approaches.Looking at gameplay online,graphically it doesn't look as good as Infamous Second Son.Hope i'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it me or is anyone else getting less excited about this game as the release date approaches.Looking at gameplay online,graphically it doesn't look as good as Infamous Second Son.Hope i'm wrong
    I decided after AC3 to only take a look at a few early previews of UBISoft games and then ignore them completely until they come out. That saves a lot of disappointment and spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yeah but Infamous Second Son is next gen only and doesn't have any online gameplay. Watchdogs is across all platforms and will have multiplayer on each.
    Not a lot of games will stand up to that from a graphical point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've a sneaking feeling that the story mode will be pretty short, and after that its back to pointless collection quests. I'll be holding off till I see some reviews though. That last trailer has me curious for the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm pretty excited about this, seeing as there's no sign of GTA V on PC and I'm starting to worry it won't make it to PC, this is the closest thing there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ubisoft must be breathing a sigh of relief that they're not directly up against GTA 5 on all platforms since the buzz died down. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited about this, seeing as there's no sign of GTA V on PC and I'm starting to worry it won't make it to PC, this is the closest thing there is.

Duh simple solution for this problem. Give up your crappy PC and join the console gaming master race!

weiland79 wrote: »
    Give up your crappy PC and join the console gaming master race!

tumblr_mczl8enfx41rumq9a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

weiland79 wrote: »
    Duh simple solution for this problem. Give up your crappy PC and join the console gaming master race!
    What's that? I can't hear you from up here on mount Olympus (powered by intel).

I was way more excited when they first unveiled the E3 footage but that was nearly 2 years ago so it's kind of died down. The fact that they chose to make it work on PS3 and 360 kind of hurts it for me too since we're still going to be waiting for the first big "next gen" game.
    I've a sneaking feeling that the story mode will be pretty short, and after that its back to pointless collection quests. I'll be holding off till I see some reviews though. That last trailer has me curious for the story.

I wouldn't be so sure. I'd say it will be very similar to Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creeds of late where the campaign is a decent length. I just worry that it will follow the Ubi trend of just putting way too much collectable crap all over the map to the point where you collect it just so you can navigate properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,560 ✭✭✭✭Sand

So there will be hotspots around the city (trophy related as well) where you can leave gifts for other players hhmmmm. Not a fan of checking in and becoming mayor, hate that facebook shyte.

Surely there will be some offline option.

I'm curious when I think about it - if you're playing Watchdogs, working through the SP missions and get another player joining your game for these hack attempts, what happens when you hit pause on your game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sand wrote: »

I'm curious when I think about it - if you're playing Watchdogs, working through the SP missions and get another player joining your game for these hack attempts, what happens when you hit pause on your game?

Can you pause the game? I don't know.
    They may try to copy Demon's Souls.

Sand wrote: »

I presume you can just decide not to play or to play offline. Assassin's Creed 4 had some sort of online mission nonsense (not nearly as developed as this Watch Dogs stuff is but still) but ever since the fiasco with Splinter Cell being "always on" a few years back Ubi have learned their lesson about forcing players to be online. Even if you did like playing online, I'm sure it would get annoying for some people trying to play through the story if their friends were constantly stopping their game to go multiplayer.

It's sounding very dark soulish. It even says 'another player has invaded' Sure thhat should be worded another player has hacked you, I dunno.

Apparently there is an option to put yourself offline but the devs 'don't recommend that option' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was just looking around at the best place to order this from. I thought that at €56 it was a bit expensive on Amazon. Then I saw that it is €75 on Gamestop.ie. €75! Who would pay that for a single game that isn't even a special edition?

Probably go with Videogames.ca who have it for €39 plus the usual shipping charge.

• Advertisement

Yeah saw that alright bit mental! XV are selling it fit 65 and that's the special edition with breakthrough pack.

Advertisement