Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NTMK wrote: »
    the PS3 came Launched a year into the generation and as a result got a lot more games than a normal launch Alot of things got ported over from 360 too

The launch of every gen is always bad the 360 had about 2 decent games before a 4 month wait before the next decent game came out

This gen compared to others has a better line-up than any other gen in my memory anyway

I would go with the PS2 lineup, might be because I was 14 back then, but loved The Summoner, Tekken Tag Tournament, SSX and Smuggler's Run. This time around I do not like shooters, AC has always bored me, Drive Club can be got with PS+ ( not full I know ) Knack seems interesting and I do not like Fifa and other sports games. I do know though that the majority of people will love the lineup though, but I will still get great use out of some of the PSN games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Better to be delayed and polished by the dev team rather than release soon and hope the modding community fix whatever is up with it.

The more I saw of this game the less interested I got, too many gameplay videos showing the same thing and not much variation, it definitely lacked something in those videos.

They definitely want this game to get a good start as they must believe they're onto something with it, like a reliable franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

COYVB wrote: »
    In what universe :confused:

All there really is is Arkham Origins, COD, BF4 and Black Flag for current gen. It's not really a great choice tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

COYVB wrote: »
    Haha you in QC? see it coming?
    Obviously I can't comment on anything. No, not QC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

NTMK wrote: »
    This gen compared to others has a better line-up than any other gen in my memory anyway

Launch line ups have always been terrible but it's far from the best. Gamecube, Dreamcast, GBA and Neo Geo Pocket had far better launches. Then there's stuff liek the Xbox and N64 that might not have launched with many games but had one game that made it all worth it. There's really not anything to interest me on the PS4 and Xbox One but then there might be a surprise (Crimson Dragon could be awesome considering how amazing a series Panzer Dragoon is. It's a launch game right). Monkey Ball on the Gamecube was a great surprise.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Launch line ups have always been terrible but it's far from the best. Gamecube, Dreamcast, GBA and Neo Geo Pocket had far better launches. Then there's stuff liek the Xbox and N64 that might not have launched with many games but had one game that made it all worth it. There's really not anything to interest me on the PS4 and Xbox One but then there might be a surprise (Crimson Dragon could be awesome considering how amazing a series Panzer Dragoon is. It's a launch game right). Monkey Ball on the Gamecube was a great surprise.

Yeah Crimson Dragon will be available at launch, but will be a download only title and will be only around €15.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never thought I'dsay it but the XBox One line up is looking far better than the PS4 one. Anyway this is way off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

That delay is good news for me. Means I won't have to worry about whether or not to get it for another few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I never thought I'dsay it but the XBox One line up is looking far better than the PS4 one. Anyway this is way off topic.

agreed, looks way better, but the free games from sony look very very appealing as well
    next gen looks good, but next year for gaming will be a great time :) so many things out next year I want, this launch nothing has really taken my interest to much, like I'm hyped for the consoles to come out but not really over excited for the games, I'm more hyped for Dark Souls 2 if I'm honest :)

How many launch day titles are available for the Xbox, the PS4 has 39?

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    How many launch day titles are available for the Xbox, the PS4 has 39?

whats that have to do with anything? :pac:

seen as google could give you the answer quicker then typing what you said, i'l give it to you meself
    so far 23 excluding watch dogs

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Well Watchdogs is gone now, how many titles are left to choose from for people getting the one, simple question :pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

seen as google could give you the answer quicker then typing what you said, i'l give it to you meself
    so far 23 excluding watch dogs

Why thank you :p, the other half will be pleased seeing that she is getting one and really wanted Watchdogs

Xenji wrote: »
    Well Watchdogs is gone now, how many titles are left to choose from for people getting the one, simple question :pac:

sorry that came out smart, seemed more like a general question in my head:pac:

Their is better choice of AAA titles on release for the one, but of course its all down to opinion and preference.
    Ps4 has the upper hand in regards to the free games, good selection of them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

satchmo wrote: »
    Obviously I can't comment on anything. No, not QC.

I meant quebec, not quality control lol

didn't see your location :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

thus far, this was the only launch title i was interested in.

ill hold off so till the new year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

folan wrote: »
    thus far, this was the only launch title i was interested in.

ill hold off so till the new year.

Did you pre order a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Seriously, us gamers are such a fickle bunch that it does my head in sometimes. A game gets release with a day 1 or even week 1 patch already in the pipeline.

Result? Gamers complain.

Ubisoft decides not to do that and to delay Watch_Dogs so they can spend more time on making sure its up to the standard and expectation that everyone has.

Result? Gamers complain.

Personally, I'd rather they delay it and release it as close to perfect as they can get it. Patches are always expected, but I'd rather a great experience on release day than a buggy piece of crap tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Did you pre order a console?

unofficially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

kyub wrote: »
    Ubisoft decides not to do that and to delay Watch_Dogs so they can spend more time on making sure its up to the standard and expectation that everyone has.

Result? Gamers complain.

I haven't read much response outside of this forum, but to be fair, here at least, everyone is disappointed, but they aren't complaining, they realise that they will get a polished complete game, like we did with GTA V after its delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

kyub wrote: »
    Seriously, the human race are such a fickle bunch that it does my head in sometimes. Anything gets released that's utter sh*te.

Result? Everyone complains.

Sh*tesoft decides not to do that and to delay Sh*te_Dogs so they can spend more time on making sure its up to the standard and expectation that everyone has.

Result? Everyone complains.

Personally, I'd rather they delay it and release it as close to perfect as they can get it. Patches are always expected, but I'd rather a great experience on release day than a buggy piece of sh*te tbh.
    Touched that up abit.

Naturally, no one is going to praise the company for bad scheduling are they?

I'm in the same boat, better product is better.

Doesn't always work though. It can build up the expectations even further that nothing will suffice. D3, is an example, always living in the shadow and expectations of its predecessor. Even the China man who hacked my account didn't do much! Played 2 hours and gave up!

This will be in the shadow of GTA V.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Did not realise I created this thread!

Anyway some leaked info and trailer today. Out on the 27th May

Edit - trailer removed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Video no longer available already :pac:

What kind of info was leaked?

EDIT:

Some kind soul saved the vid

https://docs.google.com/a/dark-zero.com/file/d/0B6u8UwFU90JeWC1raTFSNGN2aFE/view?sle=true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Video no longer available already :pac:

What kind of info was leaked?

EDIT:

Some kind soul saved the vid

https://docs.google.com/a/dark-zero.com/file/d/0B6u8UwFU90JeWC1raTFSNGN2aFE/view?sle=true

Well there is an announcement at 6 from Ubisoft.. safe to assume it's this.

As for new info... only the date really :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ubi have the vid up officially now. Wish it was next gen only so I'd know they were focusing on using the new technology as much as they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,820 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Remember the big multiplayer aspect of the game that was talked about at the reveal about how other people can help you out? Haven't heard anything about that since then.

Looks like there are serious problems with the game and it has suffered quite the downgrade, really do not have high hopes for it now.

First part of the gif is from the new gameplay footage we saw today, the second part is the reveal we saw at E3, this is PS4 footage.

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

dhRJe3O.jpg

Full gameplay video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19tuvr6XWnk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wasn't the reveal at e3 pc footage?

wasn't the reveal at e3 pc footage?

The other half of the gif is taken from footage in this gameplay video from the PS4.

• Advertisement

quite disappointed about how its after turning out in the lastest gameplay vid
    it looks like last gen graphics

Advertisement