Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Will people still be getting this next month? PS4 or what ever you play?

debating whether to get this on the x1 or ps4
    my x1 is all digital atm so I'll probably keep it that way
    may get it for the ps4 so I can trade it in after, can't see this been a game I will return too after completing it, like gta5 I played the story, completed it, played abit of multiplayer then sold it
    so this will most likely be the same

also depends on reviews if I will even get this, theirs been far too much speculation on graphics been downgraded then ubisoft saying it hasn't been downgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Will people still be getting this next month? PS4 or what ever you play?

Not sure, I'm reluctant to pre-order at the moment. I have a feeling it will be pretty good but not necessarily fantastic, I want to see some video reviews before putting money down. The fact that they're already selling season passes is leaving a very early bad taste for me too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    debating whether to get this on the x1 or ps4
    my x1 is all digital atm so I'll probably keep it that way
    may get it for the ps4 so I can trade it in after, can't see this been a game I will return too after completing it, like gta5 I played the story, completed it, played abit of multiplayer then sold it
    so this will most likely be the same

also depends on reviews if I will even get this, theirs been far too much speculation on graphics been downgraded then ubisoft saying it hasn't been downgraded.

Yeah, the fact that it's not playable at PAX either is really ringing alarm bells with me.

I can't imagine any reason why they wouldn't have a game that is out next month at one of the premier gaming shows, other than it's cr@p and they don't want people to cancel their preorders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

PC version looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

C14N wrote: »
    Not sure, I'm reluctant to pre-order at the moment. I have a feeling it will be pretty good but not necessarily fantastic, I want to see some video reviews before putting money down. The fact that they're already selling season passes is leaving a very early bad taste for me too.

Yea I was going to pre-order this week but I decided myself to wait for some reviews. Feel like everyone is praying this turns out as good as it first looks and not be a huge let down which it's starting to look like it will be

• Advertisement

Torn between PC and PS4. Can get it dirt cheap on PC and I know URL run best on that platform but it looks like the kind of game I'd enjoy more from the comfort of the couch beside a warm fire. Think ill have to see what the reviews say and then make a decision. At least on the PS4 I can order it through the US store so that shave nearly €30 off the price.

Yea I was going to pre-order this week but I decided myself to wait for some reviews. Feel like everyone is praying this turns out as good as it first looks and not be a huge let down which it's starting to look like it will be

Well I don't really think it's starting to look like a let down so much as I just don't really trust Ubisoft to make an outstanding game. Recent entries in Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell have all been pretty good, but they didn't blow me away.

I'm also a very cautious pre-orderer, the only games I pre-ordered this generation were Zelda: Twilight Princess, Batman: Arkham Asylum and The Last of Us and I knew more about any of them than Watch Dogs which I haven't really seen much of since the E3 footage nearly two years ago. The fact that it's coming to the old gen consoles kind of makes me worry about the scope of the game too, it seems like we'll still be waiting a while for the first truly next gen game.

Torn between PC and PS4. Can get it dirt cheap on PC and I know URL run best on that platform but it looks like the kind of game I'd enjoy more from the comfort of the couch beside a warm fire. Think ill have to see what the reviews say and then make a decision. At least on the PS4 I can order it through the US store so that shave nearly €30 off the price.

If you decide to go PC you can get it for €24 here:

https://www.g2a.com/weeklysale

If you decide to go PC you can get it for €24 here:

https://www.g2a.com/weeklysale

It's going for €21 in a few places and I imagine that it'll drop to as low as €17 in the weeks before it's released. In no rush to play it and have a huge backlog of games to get into

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

yD7gMRF.jpg

TbpArgj.jpg

Wish I worked in the games media business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Were there strings attached? Any terms and conditions? If not, I would take it too and **** on a game if it would be bad anyway.

If there were some terms and conditions after accepting it, then I would really love to see a list of journalist who got it.

Were there strings attached? Any terms and conditions? If not, I would take it too and **** on a game if it would be bad anyway.

If there were some terms and conditions after accepting it, then I would really love to see a list of journalist who got it.

It's not a bribe though. It's just that they are trying to butter up the press with free stuff, which is something not really that rare. The thing I dislike is less that there are free Android tablets and more that there is an "exclusive Watch Dogs preview event in Paris".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's not a bribe though. It's just that they are trying to butter up the press with free stuff, which is something not really that rare. The thing I dislike is less that there are free Android tablets and more that there is an "exclusive Watch Dogs preview event in Paris".

I like how you say it's not a bribe... And then go on to literally Define what a bribe is.

Games journalism is the absolute pits though, GRCade.com has an excellent thread on the shenanigans in the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vladicaris

Rain looks so real ! What GPU is need for that presentation ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody have an release date for this ? I'm thinking of pre ordering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

May 27th is the official release date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody have an release date for this ? I'm thinking of pre ordering :)

For everything other than Wii U, 27th May

Deano7788 wrote: »
    For everything other than Wii U, 27th May

Thanks guys. I've a voucher for xtravision so think I'll use it on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Think it'll be priced at €64.99 for XB1 & PS4 in Xtravision (according to my pre-order receipt).

I like how you say it's not a bribe... And then go on to literally Define what a bribe is.

Games journalism is the absolute pits though, GRCade.com has an excellent thread on the shenanigans in the industry.

I wouldn't call it a bribe unless they said "you can have this tablet, but only if you promise us a score of at least 8" or something to that effect.

• Advertisement

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Think it'll be priced at €64.99 for XB1 & PS4 in Xtravision (according to my pre-order receipt).

Cool thanks. The voucher is 100 so watchdogs and titanfall season pass will do me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,634 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Apparently the demo shown at pax was pretty class, offscreen vid up on YouTube but was taken down, anyone know another link? People saying graphics looked so good it must have been pc but creative director said multiple times it was a ps4 demo and very close to final build.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Creative director gets paid to lie threw his ar*e. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Or who knows... the game might actually look good and people overreacted.

I don't think I've ever seen that before but who know! :P

Found a vid but will probably be taken down soon. Bad quality and shaky cam but *PS4* version looks to have some nice lighting effects and runs smooth. It shows the city blackout you can cause that looks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Found a vid but will probably be taken down soon. Bad quality and shaky cam but *PS4* version looks to have some nice lighting effects and runs smooth. It shows the city blackout you can cause that looks class!

the car looks barely scratched :pac:

I never really noticed the difference that everyone was complaining about anyway.

I love when games have better graphics than real life :)

10150816_636540259761504_7616569891820690659_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Ok, this has convinced me to buy Watch_Dogs. Pre-ordering as soon as it appears on Steam. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/watch-dogs-9-minute-multiplayer-gameplay-demo/2300-6418467/

• Advertisement

Falthyron wrote: »
    Ok, this has convinced me to buy Watch_Dogs. Pre-ordering as soon as it appears on Steam. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/watch-dogs-9-minute-multiplayer-gameplay-demo/2300-6418467/

that actually looks brilliant, much better than what I thought it would be.

Advertisement