Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ade's LoCo Betting Log

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah Im looking forward to the golf, can't decide whether to include my bets in the log or not though

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

kryogen wrote: »
    Yeah Im looking forward to the golf, can't decide whether to include my bets in the log or not though

I was in a similar situation.

But in the end I decided not to as I have atm 25 quid on it. If Tiger is a few shots behind during or after round 1 but his game is in solid shape. I'll stick a a few quid on him as the odds drift. He's getting there but a tad weary after his win earlier in the year before he slumped at The Masters.

Still thinking over Davis Love Top 20 as well.

Main bet today for me in the football is Spain Win to Nil @ 4/5.

Smaller bets on 0-0 @ 12/1 and 1-1 @ 6/1 in the Spain game too.

Draw/Spain @ 3/1 and Spain and 1 or 2 Goals @ 2/1 were very tempting too as I eluded to before.

Just feel we'll see so very little of the ball that chances will be hard to come by. If I could bet on 60+% possession for the Spanish I would. Scorelines should cover anything funny happening, and @ 4/5, Spain Win to Nil looks like an excellent bet. Odds are all Bet 365 for reference sake.

As for the golf, I'm not going to include them in the log bar one bet. If I had some leeway I would include them all (ie: if I had more than a 100 quid in the log). But I don't. My bets are as follows, again for reference sake -

Justin Rose @ 30/1 (Bet 365)
    Sergio Garcia @ 50/1 * (Bet 365)
    Webb Simpson @ 80/1 * (Boyles)
    Davis Love III @ 150/1 * (Bet 365)

*E/W

___

So to conclude for today, I've gone for the following bets in my log -

Spain Win to Nil @ 4/5, 35 euros
    Spain - Ireland , 0-0 @ 12/1, 5 euros
    Spain - Ireland , 1-1 @ 6/1, 5 euros

Davis Love III @ 150/1 (E/W) 5 euros

Basketball bet and probably write up will be up later on sometime after 6pm at the very earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

-Ade- wrote: »
    I was in a similar situation.

But in the end I decided not to as I have atm 25 quid on it. If Tiger is a few shots behind during or after round 1 but his game is in solid shape. I'll stick a a few quid on him as the odds drift. He's getting there but a tad weary after his win earlier in the year before he slumped at The Masters.

Still thinking over Davis Love Top 20 as well.

I have done a couple of top 20/10 bets already, only included one or two in the log, not gonna put any more of the bets I have done in there unless its an in play bet similar to you, if I want to get on someone over the weekend if I like the odds I may put it in

Bank = 98.00 euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

[COLOR="Green"]Bank = 98.00 euros
    [/COLOR]

Anything on the b'ball tonight?

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Anything on the b'ball tonight?

Yup, will have something written up after some grub and a couple of cups of coffee :p I'd say 12.30 hopefully, tis already 3/4 typed up.

Miami Heat @ Oklahoma City Thunder (;)), Game 2

e14b81ceb5104ec9c8520b822fcb2a32.png

Game 1 was a tale of a halves and it made for fascinating viewing. Miami came out swinging, but Oklahoma came up with the counter punch to knockout Miami.

OKC's defence was of big concern in the 1st half a couple of nights ago, they stood off some of the Heat players to focus entirely on just Wade and LeBron. Multiple Heat players hit 3's that you just wouldn't expect like Battier and Chalmers. The first quarter in particular was just loco stuff.

2nd half OKC stepped it up at both ends of the court. I think fatigue played a part as did the home teams momentum plus Wade nor LeBron didn't score well and had one of his more regular disappointing 4th quarters. Harden didn't do much for OKC, but Durant and Westbrook combined for 63 points and were superb.

So onto tonight.

But before the series started, I felt and did say on Twitter the Thunder would win the first two games with Game 1 being the toughest and they did so.. in stunning fashion. It’s always hard to imagine the Thunder losing especially because they have been able to come back so many times.

But I have doubts with the spread betting.

So looking at the line now, I fancy Overs to be the play tonight but it's touch and go if you're looking at the default line or not. I'm going for it because Wade and Bosh (surely start tonight) were such non-factors Game 1. Neither were Harden and Ibaka. Scoring wise that is. Big money seems to be on Miami on the spread but I just can't do that. OKC are going for 10-0 in the Playoffs at home FFS afterall! :pac: If anyone follows, I'd wouldn't go for anything other than a medium stake be Overs or whatever else. There is a divide on every bet main bet tonight. Good luck.

Over +196 @ 10/11, 32 euro stake

• Registered Users Posts: 53,932 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ade do you still see that overs bet coming in?

Jebus that's awful ****ing unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Just saw the score, fierce unlucky as HS.said

Headshot wrote: »
    Jebus that's awful ****ing luck
    Just saw the score, fierce unlucky as HS.said

Thanks lads.

Not gonna lie. Fell asleep early in the third quarter, probably a good thing (if it weren't for waking up to a bit of a cold!) having looked at the scoreline moments ago :-/Tis my fault this one though. Doubted my cousin (made 500 quid on Miami), I doubted where the majority of money was going too. Heart over head a tad. Late research. The kicker being every bet I looked at besides Overs, came in.

OKC shooting went down the ****ter in that first half, awful stuff and Miami took advantage. One call had me fuming however. Clawed it back to 6 points difference before the ref gave a call to Miami that never was. Ghost points :) I honestly thought it was gone there and then, the bet I mean.

Anyway, it's taken a LeBron GOTY performance for me to lose. Still 1 los out of like 26 bets in the b'ball. Just glad I fell asleep tbh as it would have been hard to watch.

Chin up I most certainly am.

Bet pushed.

Delighted your keeping the chin up mate

Just one bet atm,

BATE Win to Nil @ 5/6, 28 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

good luck to ya lad

To quote Bill, well that's a bummer.

Bank - 70, no bets for the rest of the day. Having a few figure blocks. 200 and now 100. Dear me.

Ade I think you should have less bets on the soccer and concentrate on the basketball

The way the Euro's are going and betting on the mickey mouse leagues, it's dodgy to be betting on the soccer these days

You really know your basketball and it has less wtf moments unlike the soccer

I hope you dont mind me saying this

Headshot wrote: »
    Ade I think you should have less bets on the soccer and concentrate on the basketball

The way the Euro's are going and betting on the mickey mouse leagues, it's dodgy to be betting on the soccer these days

You really know your basketball and it has less wtf moments unlike the soccer

I hope you dont mind me saying this

I asked the question before man but no one answered afaik. I'd like to focus entirely on a seperate non-footy log but I don't want to do it here tbh as it's a mess now and will really bug me seeing the losses on football, I'm weird like that I know, I know.

It also looks bad if I just up and leave this log too (pride innit :P).. and yes, football has been the killer for me recently. Form has dipped considerably since a couple of weeks ago before my last break.

Not sure what to do atm.

Entire basketball log for next season is a given.

.......... I've kept aside 50 euro for this............................

Bank - 70...............
    I asked the question before man but no one answered afaik. I'd like to focus entirely on a seperate non-footy log but I don't want to do it here tbh as it's a mess now and will really bug me seeing the losses on football, I'm weird like that I know, I know.

It also looks bad if I just up and leave this log too...............
    Not sure what to do atm. ...............

Starting bank of €50 is now €70 :)

If you'd like to focus on a non-footy log than shut this baby and start another :)

'tis meant to be fun, if it's a pain in the arse why bother :pac:

I can relate to how you feel as I didn't enjoy actually closing two logs on here but I stopped enjoying them, lost focus, let the losses get to me etc etc, the instant after you close it you'll be happy out :D

RoverJames wrote: »
    Starting bank of €50 is now €70 :)

If you'd like to focus on a non-footy log than shut this baby and start another :)

'tis meant to be fun, if it's a pain in the arse why bother :pac:

I can relate to how you feel as I didn't enjoy actually closing two logs on here but I stopped enjoying them, lost focus, let the losses get to me etc etc, the instant after you close it you'll be happy out :D

I'll probably just sleep on it and decide from there.

Ah I'am taking it seriously to a large extent but I wouldn't have it any other way.

As I said, if it weren't for me being a bit stubborn about the footy. This log would be going swimmingly. Basketball betting record speaks for itself. Just 2 bets really ruined the log at present - Holland and Mexico, namely the amount on the former. At times I felt I should put something up for the sake of it too admittedly.

Quite enjoyed doing the write ups I must say which has surprised me.. be it on the golf, basketball or footy. Albeit, a tad tiring at times researching the b'ball. Have some stuff lined up for the wrestling too (odds available with PP), and as I said in the OP, my record so far in the 3 events is very good.

On another note, sickening seeing David Toms do well in the US Open after missing the cut last week when I tipped him in the log. Swine :pac:

• Advertisement

Decision I'll leave for tomorrow after checking the NBA playoff scheduling. Have bets for the wrasslin lined up too.

Gone with the PP Double Special - Russia and Poland to win @ 5/1, 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Ade - any knowledge about european basketball leagues? Or next season basketball blog would be NBA only (or maybe including NCAA). Either way, hope you continue this log.

Regarding Euro 2012 - since my confidence is low for a few weeks now I don't go for my personal bets, but have to admit that when writing pre games articles for betting site I am working for, I am doing quite well on paper. Both teams to score and under in cards are generally doing well, there were some corner bets which were going the right way as well.

stingerro wrote: »
    Ade - any knowledge about european basketball leagues? Or next season basketball blog would be NBA only (or maybe including NCAA). Either way, hope you continue this log.

Regarding Euro 2012 - since my confidence is low for a few weeks now I don't go for my personal bets, but have to admit that when writing pre games articles for betting site I am working for, I am doing quite well on paper. Both teams to score and under in cards are generally doing well, there were some corner bets which were going the right way as well.

I wouldn't know much about European Basketball mate tbh unlike yourself. I'd be interested in getting into it though, but I just wouldn't know where to start if I'm quite honest. With the Olympics coming up, I'll be taking a keen interest in both personal and betting wise so I'll be doing my research a month or so on that which in turn should help with the European basketball knowledge somewhat.

As for NCAA, I know a bit and have the odd flutter. But I'm no expert in it. Heck, I'm not an expert in the NBA tbh. I can hold a conversation and know about the bigger franchises though, plus I do my research with the help of family and friends in the US. That's my foundation to my basketball betting. Playoff season has always is where I shine, it's been a gold mine for me much like the ice hockey.

Said my piece on the footy already so I won't go too much into it. I do have a mental block to certain bets - Overs, BTTS, etc, etc. Dunno why. Just always been like that. BTTS has been a gold mine in the Euros for sure as we've seen. As Headshot can clarify, I wanted to bet on Tymo to be booked last night but there were no odds for anytime booking I can find. Luck has dried out. Was on fire on a couple of weeks ago before the break pre-Euros. Me and HS have discussed it many times, but it's a ****er to bet on at the best of times is football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

I wouldn't know much about European Basketball mate tbh unlike yourself. I'd be interested in getting into it though, but I just wouldn't know where to start if I'm quite honest. With the Olympics coming up, I'll be taking a keen interest in both personal and betting wise so I'll be doing my research a month or so on that which in turn should help with the European basketball knowledge somewhat.

This guy will be very active during Olympics (during the season he bets mostly on spanish ACB) and it's worth following, you can also get for free his picks via e-mail: http://eurobasket.blogabet.com

Not sure about other places to go, as it opens up big amount of leagues, which is quite difficult to follow. But this one should be helpful, as these guys are trying to find poorly set lines by bookie, especially in opening weeks of new season they were very successful - http://eurobasketbet.com/ Just make sure to avoid their picks and use strictly statistical data they are providing.

Should be good for a start :cool:

Much appreciated as always Stinger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement