Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** NBA2K12 Online Association League - Xbox 360 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

The draft was going well for me last night. I had Sessions, Ginobli, S.Jackson,J.Smith, Camby and Farried drafted. Solid but not spectacular. Then all of a sudden, my internet connection dropped. I nearly died, i tried everything, turning modem off, changing cables the lot. Then I just got sick of it, I had to work till 3 today so I hadnt a chance to see if the connection fixed. Just in now, the connection has miraculously returned, but unfortunately the cpu saw fit to draft 3 mediocre point guards(Dragic, Thomas, and Bynum) with the next 3 picks in in my absence. 2 crappy centres and a bad power forward were the others. What a disaster!

And my connection never, I mean never gives me trouble. Murphy's law I guess. To compound matters, the cpu in my absence for some reason simulated a game and my best player Josh Smith is now injured. This is going to be some job to attempt to fix this. I have no shooting guards or small forwards on the bench to offer offense or a perimeter shot... Anyway, just coming on here to say that any of the terrible trio of Dragic, Thomas and Bynum are all available for trade, for a scoring shooting guard/small forward.

Sigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Liam O wrote: »
    To play against the CPU you can't take contested shots. Make sure you learn the right point of release for all of your players shots. I haven't gotten my head around playcalling in this one yet, don't like that they've got ridden of quick plays like pick and rolls but if you use the right pad button to open up commands for players and follow them you can get some luck.

My style is to drive to the basket and kick outside and assess the situation from there. It has been reasonably effective but my rebounding has been terrible.

Thinking of putting Jrue Holiday and Ben Gordon up for trade. Looking for an SG around/over 80 and a PG around 75 for them, or look at some of my other role players and make me an offer.

I can offer you Billups (79) for Ben Gordon and his ridiculous contract

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Another loss to the CPU. This time much closer, 71-75. Carmelo got 31 points for the kings :rolleyes:

My D was much better in this one, except when Melo decided he wanted to score. My offense was inconsistent, Dirk only got me 16 points, but Crawford and Turkoglu really stepped up with 15 and 16 respectively, they were finally sinking the 3's that I drafted them for, Crawford was 4/5 and Hedo was 3/4 from beyond the arc, gettin' the tré ball to fall.

I've also pinpointed my biggest weakness, which is forcing a turnover and going straight for the fastbreak, but stupidly tuning the ball over immediately. Need to cut that out.

For those yet to play the Kings, they have great rebounding. Bosh cleared me out on the boards, Big Baby Davis off the bench and Cedric Perkins have a big physical presence, then double up on Melo because Conley isn't up to much offensively from PG.

I'm getting better, hopefully pick up a few wins. Also, how quick does this league progress? It said it was advancing in 32min when I checked 5 mins ago, are we supposed to play 3 games in 16 hours? Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Also, how quick does this league progress? It said it was advancing in 32min when I checked 5 mins ago, are we supposed to play 3 games in 16 hours? Madness!

That's the main reason I'd have rather played on slow pace, as from what I've read it means that each day goes in real time and would have been easier to work out. No idea how quickly the other pace goes, normal was voted for so it looks like it advances quite quickly. That said, I think it just means each day of the game progresses in 16 hours of real time as you're allowed to play 3 games in advance.

I have started pretty well, 4-1. Should be 5-0 but the magic caught fire all of a sudden and there whole team was knocking down 3's. Ended up losing by 3. Looking forward to playing against a human player though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

buyer95 wrote: »
    I have started pretty well, 4-1. Should be 5-0 but the magic caught fire all of a sudden and there whole team was knocking down 3's. Ended up losing by 3. Looking forward to playing against a human player though!

well you did get a free win off me ;)

Whoever has LA check their trade offers!

Also whats the story with free agents? I have an offer on the table for a f.a and have had no response, how long is the wait does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Playing against the CPU is really pissing me off... They score ridiculous points every time they shoot, block everything the user does and every block I do seems to be a foul!! I'd sim the games but I don't like having a win I didnt earn

Played my first human game there against the Lakers. Won 90-70. Was good to get to play a human. Loving my pick of Kevin Love at 18th in the draft. He's a rebound machine for me and very difficult to stop. Deron Williams for the Lakers is hard to handle. Good game Lakers!
    Whoever has LA check their trade offers!

Also whats the story with free agents? I have an offer on the table for a f.a and have had no response, how long is the wait does anyone know?

Usually a few days in game time after the offer is made. I think the league is due to advance in a few minutes (no idea how many days or what will happen when it advances at all, complete novice when it comes to that) so they might have made a decision the next time you go on?

Anyone staying up 4 heat celtics game tonight? Should be good, this is acting as a useful tool to pass the time till tip off!

• Advertisement

Anyone staying up 4 heat celtics game tonight? Should be good, this is acting as a useful tool to pass the time till tip off!

I definitely am. Will be playing 2K12 before aswell.

Had a good warm-up match with CopperFaceJacks earlier, he's got the Lakers in the league, but we went Spurs vs Celtics. It was great craic! That was my first game against another user, thought I had you in a hoop with those Rondo spin moves! :pac: Loved your persistence with the Alley-Oop aswell, hope you enjoyed my perfect Oop to Paul Pierce! Nah seriously though it was good fun, if anyone sees me online and wants a quick 5min quater friendly then invite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Aye staying up aswell its not easy I normally fall asleep come the 4th quarter...

Another close game but Celtics will do it again...

2K12 is peeing me off I'm just terrible at it can't get my head around it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Great fun playing against the 2 guys tonight.

Mikey got the better of me in the battle of the ageing rosters that is a Spurs Celtics game. Felt motion sickness coming on with all the spin moves from Rondo. And for the record do not try alley-oops with the Spurs, the results are horrible

Then it was on to PaulyD. Yeah buddy!
    What can I say. I got destroyed by a tall, over weight white man called Kevin Love.
    Some of the shots he made were unreal.

Buyer I'll check my trades in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

2K12 is peeing me off I'm just terrible at it can't get my head around it...

It's a very deep game, but very hard to get your head around. What works one time, won't work another - and it takes a lot of failed attempts before you can see the opening to punish mistakes.

It doesn't help when learning it that among the mechanics in the game are a lot of factors like clutch shooting influencing important shots, or the heat check contributing to streaky shooting. On defence you need to think about playing hands up, attempting a steal, passive positioning, defence through contact, taking a charge as well as the block button. On offence you have to think about your pump fake, can you draw a foul - maybe you shouldn't release the shot until far too late, will you finish through contact, some players have a great hook shot on their right hand, but their left is useless, and sometimes it's a good idea to throw up a bad jumpshot just because you're likely to get the rebound. And somewhere in the game there is a 'late game playbook' - so what you face from the AI in the fourth quarter can kick sand in your face and it does feel quite unfair.

Unlike most games, it plays best if you're detached from it. To start don't judge yourself by whether you win or lose games, instead, at the end of a game look at the box score and see if you had good quarters or bad quarters. It sounds silly, but if you outscored your opponent two out of four quarters when you're starting that's as good as a draw, right?

Also, remind yourself it's a 70:30 split between simulation and arcade game. Lots of people will focus on the 30 percent, and try to use unworldly moves - and the simulation portion means there is no real balance in the game. Some players and some teams are just dominant - so everything needs to be judged to its own standard.

I've played this game quite a bit, but couldn't do a thing with my team after the draft yesterday. I'm 0-5 in the league. After three games I took a closer look - changed the play book, the coaches sliders, the starters' minutes. Now I've got a team I still lose with, but bit by bit the rewards for getting things right are starting to outnumber the punishment for the things I haven't got around to yet.

Anyone else not able to access the association. Keeps saying it couldn't communicate with the servers

Felexicon wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to access the association. Keeps saying it couldn't communicate with the servers

Yes, i don't know what its about... I tried playing a quick ranked match and I could, so the 2k server is'nt down. I'm stumped:confused:

Got it.

Go to game modes
    Online association
    Join
    League name: Boards

It let's you in no need for password

I even accepted a trade

So it seems the game advances one day on the calender for every 4 hours of real time. Finally figured it out I think.

Paully D wrote: »
    So it seems the game advances one day on the calender for every 4 hours of real time. Finally figured it out I think.

So will I be having games simmed? I've had a crazy busy weekend and havent had a chance to get on, might not get a game in until Tuesday.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    So will I be having games simmed? I've had a crazy busy weekend and havent had a chance to get on, might not get a game in until Tuesday.

Yep the game between You and i (thunder) was simmed

• Advertisement

NTMK wrote: »

Ah shiite :(

NTMK wrote: »

Who won? ;)

Carroller wrote: »
    Who won? ;)

I did
    3-5 now for the season

also good game
    Terry was unstoppable

I'm 4-4 unbeaten against users so far but i just know I'm gonna get a spanking some time soon :(

Haven't been on much lately myself but I haven't missed any games yet thankfully. Got to play the CPU and then I have a human game against the Timberwolves.

Liam, when do you want to get that game done? Any night would be good for me after the evening Euro 2012 game, so around 9:45pm - 10pm. Just let me know when suits but I think it will advance if we don't get it played soon. Cheers :)

How's everyones season going so far then? I'm doing OK, currently 4-5, 1 win away from being level with a few playoff teams at .500.

Kevin Love is my main man. Averaging 14.2 PPG and 7.1 RPG. My next best player is Monta Ellis who's averaging 14.8 PPG. He's gone down injured in my last game though, thankfully he's only going to miss 2-3 games because my offense is much weaker without him.

Enjoying it so far! Hopefully I can nick a playoff spot.

Im 10- 4, happy enough so far. My defense is why i am winning, Josh Smith is swatting away countless shots and Camby is a lock down man aswell. Ginobili and Jackson are both good perimeter defenders. Kenneth Faried is my 6th man, and he gives my defense a big lift too.

Offensively I have primarily relied on Ginoboli, he is averaging 18.1 ppg. Steohen Jackson is averaging 13 ppg, Smith has been disappointing offensively averaging only 12 ppg, and shooting 42%. I think I have kind of figured out Smith's game though, because in his last 3 games he has 17,22, and 18.

Im looking forward to my next 2 games against human players, Paully and Mikey. Those 2 will be only my 2nd and 3rd human games!

Whenever your ready to play that match Paully give me a shout

Whenever your ready to play that match Paully give me a shout

Hi mate, I should be on tonight around 10pm - 10:30pm. Hopefully that's OK?

• Advertisement

Finally won my first game against the CPU :)
    Celtics 79 - 74 Bobcats
    I was 11 points down at one stage Calderon and Terry slammed in 4 3 pointers each

Advertisement