Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** NBA2K12 Online Association League - Xbox 360 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I reckon if anyone misses the draft or we have people joining late they should be able to trade with the CPU teams to even it up. No draft picks or anything and all trades must be approved by the people in this thread too. Just an idea, am gonna sign up now...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Liam O wrote: »
    I reckon if anyone misses the draft or we have people joining late they should be able to trade with the CPU teams to even it up. No draft picks or anything and all trades must be approved by the people in this thread too. Just an idea, am gonna sign up now...

Nope, there's no trading with the CPU under any circumstances.

If someone misses the draft (and haven't already selected their team as you can't join and re-join thanks to the geniuses at 2K) or is joining late then they can have a look at the rosters of the remaining teams and choose which one they want, but CPU trading isn't going to happen.

Paully D wrote: »
    Nope, there's no trading with the CPU under any circumstances.

If someone misses the draft (and haven't already selected their team as you can't join and re-join thanks to the geniuses at 2K) or is joining late then they can have a look at the rosters of the remaining teams and choose which one they want, but CPU trading isn't going to happen.

It's just when the CPU drafts for you a lot of the time you wind up with like 5 or 6 players in one position and none in another. It would be a major handicap to anyone who misses out. Maybe just cap it that they can't trade for anyone over 80 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Is there anyone who reckons they won't be around for the draft?

Yous all seem quite active so far, I'm mentally preparing myself for getting the wooden spoon in this league:):)

Is there anyone who reckons they won't be around for the draft?

Yous all seem quite active so far, I'm mentally preparing myself for getting the wooden spoon in this league:):)

You'll have a bit of competition from me for the wooden spoon anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Not sure if you're in the right league or not, but I picked the Celtics and haven't had a chance to join the Online Association until now, which is why they are available on 2k12.

EDIT:

You took the Celtics.

tumblr_m4pn5kPBSc1roow1g.gif

Guess I'll take... Golden State Warriors?

Ah damit sorry man I thought with you being active in the forum today that you probably just picked a different team.. Anyway I can change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nah no worries, I've picked the Toronto Raptors for their excellent uniform, although a Celtics fan, the uniforms and home courts are the only things that matter in a fantasy draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

If anyone steals my secret weapon tonight I'm gonna be pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Felexicon wrote: »
    If anyone steals my secret weapon tonight I'm gonna be pissed

I have gone over a few possible situations, and have even made a list of my preferred players to take at each position. Looking forward to this now!:D

I think i want a pick between 10 and 15 in the first round. two decent players without a superstar will be nice. I need a good big man.

• Advertisement

I'm sure everyone knows at this stage, but just a reminder again, the draft starts tonight at 10:15pm.

Unfortunately it's a bit late for me to be able to have my mic on due to people being asleep etc at that time, but I've set up a chat room if anyone wants to use it? We used it during the Madden draft and it worked really well:

http://tinychat.com/cmc3f

I just sign in as a guest and change my name to my Boards username.

Looking forward to it now. Just doing a bit of scouting here at the minute :D

lol I'm so bad at NBA 2K12.

Going into the draft with no plan, gonna take what's given to me.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    lol I'm so bad at NBA 2K12.

Going into the draft with no plan, gonna take what's given to me.

Don't worry I'm fairly **** aswell

Looking forward to this now lads should be a bit of craic....

I'm loving the game so far I'm hopeless at it but still loving it....

Felexicon wrote: »
    Don't worry I'm fairly **** aswell

Yeah I think it should be great craic as most of us will be learning as we play. I reckon there is some bastard who's been playing all year and will walk it though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Whats the story with human trades? Do they have to get approval here first or was that idea dropped?

buyer95 wrote: »
    Whats the story with human trades? Do they have to get approval here first or was that idea dropped?

Nope, no need for approval. It's up to the two people to come to an arrangement. However, if someone isn't really sure then it's fine for them to ask advice on whether they should go through with the trade or not.

I'd hope that considering it's a social league for a bit of craic that people won't try and rip other players off but as I said above it's fine for people to ask advice if they aren't sure on what to do.

Unsure whether I'd prefer an early or late pick at this stage. You wont get an elite player with the 30th pick but you'll get 2 players of very high quality and maybe one great player will slip through to you. Having multiple threats is great for this game, however Lebron can win games on his own...

Unsure whether I'd prefer an early or late pick at this stage. You wont get an elite player with the 30th pick but you'll get 2 players of very high quality and maybe one great player will slip through to you. Having multiple threats is great for this game, however Lebron can win games on his own...

Thinking the same now to be honest. Think I'm leaning towards being near the middle/end of the draft. That said, I won't refuse a top 5 pick :pac: As you mentioned, LeBron can win games on his own and Kobe, D Wade, Durant, Rose etc can do it too.

Just a reminder that there's a chat room for the draft if anyone wants to use it:

http://tinychat.com/cmc3f

• Advertisement

Right, well that was great craic.

The team I drafted are apparently ranked 30th overall, which is disappointing lol.

PG - Steve Nash
    SG - Jamal Crawford
    SF - Hedo Turkoglu
    PF - Dirk Nowitzki
    C - Javalle McGee

Is my first 5. Lost the run of myself at the end of the drafted and carelessly took an extra SG in Jerry Stackhouse, have 4 of them! Gonna try sign a PF and release the Stack.

Good luck in the league lads!

That draft was quality, cheers lads!

My starting 5 is:

PG - Gilbert Arenas
    SG - Monta Ellis
    SF - Tayshaun Prince
    PF - Kevin Love
    C - Anderson Varejao

Apparently I have the 3rd best overall team (3rd in offense and defense) so I'm happy with that.

Played against CopperFaceJacks but the game disconnected with a small bit left of the 1st Q. Game rescheduled for tomorrow night at 10:30pm.

Have to say the main menu is quality as it lets you see the scores of games in progress etc.

No idea what the story is with advancements but once a few games get played I'm sure the timer will start ticking down on the top right hand side of the screen.

Don't forget lads, free agency is open and to keep an eye on your budget and player contracts etc as some of them are only signed on 1 year deals.

so turns out the CPU aren't going to be pushovers like I thought. Though I did completely bottle my OT loss to the nuggets. Lebron like in real life I suppose missed a lot of clutch shots...

so turns out the CPU aren't going to be pushovers like I thought. Though I did completely bottle my OT loss to the nuggets. Lebron like in real life I suppose missed a lot of clutch shots...

They CPU is quite tough to play against in 2K IMO. Just lost to the Suns myself, struggled to contain Mayo and got a bit frustrated when I couldn't get anything going inside so tried far too many 3 pointers. My own fault really as I was level with them at a few stages during the game and they went on 9 and 10-0 runs.

I guess results will start to improve once we get used to the players on our teams too. I've honestly never played with any of my starters since I got the game last week.

Enjoying it so far though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

The CPU sure Is hard! Got smashed 107-65 in my first game maybe I'll get better as I progress.

Jesus. Just got my ass handed to me by the Magic. Thier 3 pointers were unreal

Also got murked by the CPU. Portland Trailblazers 82-58 Toronto Raptors.

Yeah, I don't really know what I'm doing out there. Dirk Nowitzki got me 35 points, aside from that I could do **** all except a few Javalle McGee points in the paint. Russell Westbrook was just too much for my D.

Also, free-throws... WHAT. THE. F'UCK. They are so difficult for some players. I was 6/12 for the game. Dirk's is difficult but Turkoglu's was a joke.

Hopefully the user games are more fun.

Jesus playing against the cpu is near impossible I got beat by third odd points in my last game, they rarely seem to miss shots.

I'd nearly consider siming the games against the CPU and just play the games against yous lads because essentially that's why I joined up to this.

Ive been playing a season with the Celtics on rookie level and I find that tough enough I'm 7-8 so far in the regular season.

To play against the CPU you can't take contested shots. Make sure you learn the right point of release for all of your players shots. I haven't gotten my head around playcalling in this one yet, don't like that they've got ridden of quick plays like pick and rolls but if you use the right pad button to open up commands for players and follow them you can get some luck.

My style is to drive to the basket and kick outside and assess the situation from there. It has been reasonably effective but my rebounding has been terrible.

Thinking of putting Jrue Holiday and Ben Gordon up for trade. Looking for an SG around/over 80 and a PG around 75 for them, or look at some of my other role players and make me an offer.

• Advertisement

I'm finding it easier to play the CPU as I go along. I was beaten by 7 by the Suns and beat the Kings by 2 although I was up by 12 at one stage in the 3rd quarter. A key is to not give them open shots. Always make sure you're challenging their shot and they will miss a fair amount. Also, watch your turnovers. Whoever wins the turnover battle will usually win the game.

This lads YouTube channel has some nice advice about plays etc, search for strategy session on it:

http://www.youtube.com/user/precise40?feature=watch

I actually enjoy the CPU games as they're a challenge. In our Madden franchise the CPU games are a guaranteed win 95% of the time and you can run up a cricket score in them too. At least these ones improve your game a bit.

I just found this out, but if you go to NBA2K.com - https://www.nba2k.com/ and log in, click online association and you can see some cool stats etc.

Advertisement