Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

I was looking for a futuristic open world game and then I found a futuristic open world game

And heaven knows I'm miserable now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sorry i ruined the thread lads haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I would go out tonight, but I've got Cyberpunk 2077 to play

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frankly Mr Shankly I’m a quivering wreck.
    I’ve got the 22nd century, breathing down my neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sorry i ruined the thread lads haha!
    So you're the son and ayr of a shyness that is criminally vulgar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    So you're the son and ayr of a shyness that is criminally vulgar?

If i check this thread again in the morning and this is still going on ill be impressed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

And in the darkened underpass
    I thought Oh God, my chance has come at last
    But then a strange glitch gripped me
    And I just couldn't ask

Panic on the streets of Night City... hang Keanu, hang Keanu

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Panic on the streets of Night City
    Panic on the streets of Pacifica
    I wonder to myself
    Could life ever be sane again?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Panic on the streets of Night City... hang Keanu, hang Keanu

God damn it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Read a couple of reviews. Looks like it's a buggy mess

Was thinking Keanu Reeves probably only does 15 FPS anyway. Or even less in bullet time :)

Ah well, there's always BOTW2 to look forward to in 30 FPS 1080p on one console. Nintendo can use 500* developers to work on gameplay instead.

*500 staff for cyberpunk. I'd say the game will be absolutely fine after a few patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So went to Smyths website and Cyberpunk is showing out of stock. Not even appearing on Argos site.

Anyone know the best place to purchase now for launch day delivery??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,573 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

joe123 wrote: »
    So went to Smyths website and Cyberpunk is showing out of stock. Not even appearing on Argos site.

Smyths remove pre order a few days before release. I always thought it was because they were out but they'll have stock on launch day, just won't get the 5 euro off discount. Argos will have it for 60 if you can head into either place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

take it as a sign LOL wait for impressions once its pass release day

If the last few pages of this thread are anything to go by, maybe you should check the Smiths' website...

Cyberpunk download is live on ps4/5 now. It didn't auto start (surprise surprise), went to library on PS 5 and there was a download button. 100gb and got my first 'not enough space' message. I deleted 2 games and kept 3 that i regularly play and could just about squeeze it on. These 100gb games are a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cyberpunk download is live on ps4/5 now. It didn't auto start (surprise surprise), went to library on PS 5 and there was a download button. 100gb and got my first 'not enough space' message. I deleted 2 games and kept 3 that i regularly play and could just about squeeze it on. These 100gb games are a pain.
    Do you not have an external hard drive? I've a 4tb I'm using to store PS4 games. Haven't pre-ordered this yet, probably going to get on my Indonesian account as only 42 euro .Hopefully there are more impressions tomorrow as still not sure if I should just wait a few days to see how it runs on consoles.

Do you not have an external hard drive? I've a 4tb I'm using to store PS4 games. Haven't pre-ordered this yet, probably going to get on my Indonesian account as only 42 euro .Hopefully there are more impressions tomorrow as still not sure if I should just wait a few days to see how it runs on consoles.

Nah I'll just delete as needed unless i come across a cheap hdd. I'll happily give feedback Wednesday night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nah I'll just delete as needed unless i come across a cheap hdd. I'll happily give feedback Wednesday night :)
    Yeah might wait until Friday, as by then there should be some actual player reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mohidyasin

it says for me i can play the game from december 9th at 10:27 am.
    im on the ps4 btw.

anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why is the Playstation version a larger download than PC and Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It feels so good to be pre-loading. One thought that I havent had in the months since I pre-ordered... what if it sucks? Why the embargo? oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Why is the Playstation version a larger download than PC and Xbox?

There's a few of possible reasons.
    1. Codebase is significantly different between platforms
    2. No compression
    3. Day 1 patch included already
    4. There's downloaded data purely for the installation process that will be cleaned up once install is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wheres the best place to pre-order some mince pies?

Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

This looks really bad, especially that apparently one of the sequences, mimics a machine designed to trigger seizures:

Cyberpunk 2077 Epileptic PSA

So anyone with epilepsy should steer well clear, and best to keep any kids far away from this one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I had a feeling it would be a bit of a mess to start, I'd definitely wait a little while, see if they don't release a second patch. Much as I'd love to try it, I'm not paying for a buggy mess, some of the bugs sound really irritating and completely break any form of immersion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

cnocbui wrote: »
    They made the correct decision. The very low availability of next gen consoles makes them a tiny, pointless market which should be the last thing they cater to.

But from an early stage they knew that the old gen consoles were straining to play it. I think they have 10 different formats they needed to build for. That stretches the team to almost breaking point leading to poor ports even on the new consoles.

If the game is anything as good as witcher 3, it will have a long lifespan and low opening sales will be recovered over time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement