Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No one winged angel :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

No one winged angel :pac:?
    No! I was delighted :pac:, there was FFIV Elemental Fiends theme, guy across was on the edge of his seat, I was thinking "there's my buddy!" Lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No! I was delighted :pac:,

:eek::mad:

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

:eek::mad:
    :pac::pac:
    latest?cb=20160726015715

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon is coming West in October, PS4 and Steam release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Xenji wrote: »
    Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon is coming West in October, PS4 and Steam release.

Switch too, which is a big one for me.

Switch too, which is a big one for me.

Good to see Gust supporting the Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reached Colossus on Floor 23 of Etrian Odyssey 2 and if you know the game you can probably guess I'm getting my ass kicked. I don't have the right team to take him so need to power level a hexer :(

Tokyo Xanadu is awesome, it reminds me of trails of cold steel mixed with YS .

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Reached Colossus on Floor 23 of Etrian Odyssey 2 and if you know the game you can probably guess I'm getting my ass kicked. I don't have the right team to take him so need to power level a hexer :(

Hexer with Terrify and then using Suicide should do the job very quickly from what I remember, used to be a good combo in Millennium Girl as well early on with bosses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tokyo Xanadu is awesome, it reminds me of trails of cold steel mixed with YS .

I heard it's one of the all time great action RPGs, if not the best. I really should play it.
    Hexer with Terrify and then using Suicide should do the job very quickly from what I remember, used to be a good combo in Millennium Girl as well early on with bosses.

I decided not to use a hexer as I heard they break the game.... think it's kind of required here. Currently power levelling one. She's half the level as everyone else and her debuffs are already making a mess of most enemies.

Will trails 3 get released over here?

Will trails 3 get released over here?

It was released on Steam at the start of May.

It was released on Steam at the start of May.

Sorry Xenji I meant Trails of cold steel 3 :o

I think cold steel 3 is a shoe in from xseed. It's like that companies personal mission and the games are viable as well.

So EO2 update, trained up a Hexer and they are gamebreakingly OP. Very easy to power level with the boss respawn exploitation. Probably going to slowly get to the end during breaks in SGDQ. Not going to try the optional boss, it sounds insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I think we'll not only get Cold Steel 3 but also some more older Trails games

I think cold steel 3 is a shoe in from xseed. It's like that companies personal mission and the games are viable as well.
    Sieghardt wrote: »
    I think we'll not only get Cold Steel 3 but also some more older Trails games

tenor.gif

Isn't there two main series ones and a very well regarded spin off we missed? All were released on PC so hopefully they get released.... and they release the trilogy Namco butchered in the west with it's utter ****e translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

Isn't there two main series ones and a very well regarded spin off we missed? All were released on PC so hopefully they get released.... and they release the trilogy Namco butchered in the west with it's utter ****e translation.

There's two that were originally for the psp only where you play as a cop in a country (maybe a city state) wedged between two superpowers.

I'm plugging away at Trails SC at the moment when I'm not in the mood to play persona and I'm finding the series to be great despite not really excelling in anything. They just do a really good job of developing a sense of place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

megaten wrote: »
    There's two that were originally for the psp only where you play as a cop in a country (maybe a city state) wedged between two superpowers.

I'm plugging away at Trails SC at the moment when I'm not in the mood to play persona and I'm finding the series to be great despite not really excelling in anything. They just do a really good job of developing a sense of place.

Yeah there's Trails to Zero and Trails of Azure which form the Crossbell arc, I'm pretty confident we'll get those.

I wouldnt bet on Nayuta though, it's just a weird thing they tried mixing Ys gameplay with Trails style story, which I think led to them making the excellent Tokyo Xanadu in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really enjoying Persona 4 now. I'm exactly 26 hours, just finished the third dungeon and not experiencing any of the under-levelled struggles I felt in the earlier stages. The translation job is really good - best I've played in a while and it really helps make the character believable with their own personalities.

I heard Nayuta is absolutely incredible though from the hg101 guys. I think it might have a fan translation.

I heard cossbell arc is a real fab favourite so fingers crossed xseed can deliver.

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Yeah there's Trails to Zero and Trails of Azure which form the Crossbell arc, I'm pretty confident we'll get those.

I wouldnt bet on Nayuta though, it's just a weird thing they tried mixing Ys gameplay with Trails style story, which I think led to them making the excellent Tokyo Xanadu in the end

Akatsuki no Kiseki got a Vita release at the end of last year after being PC only for a few months, but I do not see them doing a translation as it was UserJoy that developed it.

Rpg maker is on sale for 25 on steam, is it worth it ?

I found it extremely basic and limiting. Better off with Gamemaker which is a far more powerful game development platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

Rpg maker is on sale for 25 on steam, is it worth it ?

If you actually make something in it sure.

Was just reading the wiki page for the trails games and cold steel 3 won't be getting a vita release, ps4 only, that's disappointing .

NiS are bringing The Princess is Money-Hungry west for the Switch and Vita in March of next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

£5 off the Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition on http://www.game.co.uk using the code 5FFXIIZA

This brings the price down to £32.99 plus shipping, beats paying €59.99 in GameStop.

Advertisement