Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

I didn't like their previous games from what I played of them but I'll probably get it at some stage out of respect for their ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just found my persona 3 fes for PS2, I no longer have a ps2 so I think I might try and sell it seen one on eBay going for €700+ sealed would love to pick up a ps2 and play it but I have a PSP go with persona 3 so that'll have to do me for now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just found my persona 3 fes for PS2, I no longer have a ps2 so I think I might try and sell it seen one on eBay going for €700+ sealed would love to pick up a ps2 and play it but I have a PSP go with persona 3 so that'll have to do me for now.

:eek:

I have a sealed copy somewhere I think :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just found my persona 3 fes for PS2, I no longer have a ps2 so I think I might try and sell it seen one on eBay going for ?700+ sealed would love to pick up a ps2 and play it but I have a PSP go with persona 3 so that'll have to do me for now.

It might be selling for 700+ sealed but nobody is stupid enough to pay that much for it. Especially when the far superior NTSC version is going for 20 euros sealed and the PAL release not far behind on other sealed auctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I know it isn't worth 700 just a rediculous ebay gouger, the psp go version of 3 is great I know fes has 30 hours of extras, found a copy of persona 4 too but the disc is cracked ever so slightly the soundtrack isn't though, I got the yellow lp free from game years ago when I bought persona arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm only an hour in & never heard of it up until a few weeks ago but Suikoden 2 is seriously impressive so far. Love that art style, the story even if I hadn't a clue how to save it until I made it to a travel tavern?
    Is Wild Arms any good as a friend recommended both to me & I hadn't heard of either beforehand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'm only an hour in & never heard of it up until a few weeks ago but Suikoden 2 is seriously impressive so far. Love that art style, the story even if I hadn't a clue how to save it until I made it to a travel tavern?
    Is Wild Arms any good as a friend recommended both to me & I hadn't heard of either beforehand.

Suikoden 2 is one of my favourite games of all time and I even ranked it as my favourite game ever for a long time. The story gets seriously good and the ending is a real tear jerker.

As for Wild Arms they are kind of generic 32 bit RPGs with a nice setting that goes shamefully under utilised while the game becomes generic and awesome music. You can do way better when it comes to PS1 JRPGs with the likes of Grandia or Valkyrie Profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks somewhat interesting so far and will not be out till next year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    It looks somewhat interesting so far and will not be out till next year.

That looks amazing .

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Platinumed Cosmic Star Heroine, very short and shallow, disappointing

• Advertisement

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Platinumed Cosmic Star Heroine, very short and shallow, disappointing

How long did it take you?

How long did it take you?

15 hours and that's without a guide or looking anything up

Any tips for the optional bosses?

Will wait for it to go on sale then for the PC.

Any tips for the optional bosses?

I beat them all in 2-3 hits by using skills that double strength of item + the buffz item + inspire etc that also buff damage all on chahn and using her unleash ability then fire then orbital cannon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dragon Quest 8 3ds is down to €25 in Smyths if anyone is interested.

Anyone know anything about Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs? its out next week.

Anyone know anything about Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs? its out next week.

It is being done by a Polish studio, all I have heard about it is it has a great soundtrack and it is well written, no mention of how the gameplay is though, I say it will go down below €10 in a sale.

Dragons Dogma is getting a re-release on the PS4 and XB1 later this year, it will include all the Dark Arisen content.

Dragons Dogma is getting a re-release on the PS4 and XB1 later this year, it will include all the Dark Arisen content.

Normally I'd moan about Capcom re-releasing their games but this is welcome news. Loved this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

I wish they would just do a full sequel to Dragon's Dogma, it's what we all want.

As for the thread topic, I've been playing SMTIV and enjoying it a lot. No idea how close I am to the end, I'm about level 38 and in Ginza. My only real complaint is that it can be a bit tedious the way I play it- saving constantly and reloading if an enemy gets some crits/smirks in and kills a couple of demons. But I love the game and how seriously you have to take it, how much preparation you can do and how much it is rewarded. It never feels unfair- you can always go fuse for the bosses weaknesses, buy some equipment, etc. and try again.

It's much more fun now that I have some demons that null/reflect things instead of just resist- nothing better than a boss using something like Maragidyne and losing all their turns and giving me a couple of free smirks too.

I like my build too, I think the most common one is making Flynn a magic user and giving him all the elemental spells so you can exploit weaknesses, but I went for a DEX build with physical attacks, and elemental ammo(mainly for bosses). It was rough in the early game but he is a real powerhouse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

MrMorooka wrote: »
    As for the thread topic, I've been playing SMTIV and enjoying it a lot. No idea how close I am to the end, I'm about level 38 and in Ginza. My only real complaint is that it can be a bit tedious the way I play it- saving constantly and reloading if an enemy gets some crits/smirks in and kills a couple of demons. But I love the game and how seriously you have to take it, how much preparation you can do and how much it is rewarded. It never feels unfair- you can always go fuse for the bosses weaknesses, buy some equipment, etc. and try again.
    Is your username the annoying teacher in P4? I know it's easy to Google but I prefer to ask.
    I'd say when you're getting to
    Camp Ichigaya you're kinda heading to the end, that's when you alignment to Choas, Neutral or Law is set
    . I can't remember where you'd be if you're in Ginza so I hope that might help and it's vague enough to not tell too much.

I often played it for 30 mins just getting demons and fusing and stuff. I only reloaded if it was hard to make them again, mostly I could let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Yes, it's that teacher. I know from the guide I'm looking at that that I'm close to when the routes start to branch off, I'm currently supposed to
    kill Yuriko for the Ashura-kai leader, so I've just arrived in the Gaean underground area in Ginza

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Yes, it's that teacher. I know from the guide I'm looking at that that I'm close to when the routes start to branch off, I'm currently supposed to
    kill Yuriko for the Ashura-kai leader, so I've just arrived in the Gaean underground area in Ginza
    Yeah I know now where you are now :). You've another good bit to go and even longer if you're lucky / planning to get neutral if you're using a guide. I think I was over 60 hours play time. Now tbf I often spent a lot if time catching demons and fusing so it may not actually be that long, I did some side quests too but not too many.

S-E are looking to outsource more mid tier games after Nier sold significantly more than what was forecast, they will be keeping their major franchises in-house but will also look to other external companies for potential new titles, this could lead to more diverse and unique titles coming out and hopefully with quicker development times.

S-E are looking to outsource more mid tier games after Nier sold significantly more than what was forecast, they will be keeping their major franchises in-house but will also look to other external companies for potential new titles, this could lead to more diverse and unique titles coming out and hopefully with quicker development times.

This seems like a good idea, I could see a lot of good things coming from it.

Give me a Fromsoft Vagrant Story, Star Ocean by platinum. Hell, let the pinch hitters at Media Vision have a go at something

Little Witch Academia is getting a PS4 game from Bandai Namco, it looks like a aRPG from what has been shown so far, I would say it will get a western release as it is already being dubbed on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Preordered Ever Oasis. I read it was influenced a bit by Fantasy Life and I love that game.

• Advertisement

I got the platinum for cosmic star today........not the worse game I've ever played but it was over hyped........I really like the music in it though, it was the one saving grace.

Advertisement